Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gif Problems - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Okay my loves I need to know something okay as of right now I can make totally awesome Gif Images I mean just look at my awesome Sig. Anywho, my problem is when I make them into Gif images they aren't...like Gif images you know images that float over other images. How can I change this if I can change it at all? Just for your information I first make all of the changes or the image itself in Paint and then use other software to make it into a Gif image but it stands out with a white border like a JPEG. Is my problem that I am starting in Paint? Or is there just a configuration I need to know about...PLEASE HELP! X-O :angry: X-O :angry:

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

strangedarkness

strangedarkness

Anime Junkie with Pink Hair!!!

Hi Jenosy ^_^'

Hmm... the only gif images I think of making is my animated banner, just like on my userpage... but I always start out in my graphic making program, if you have photoshop or anything similar...

I save mine as a gif, before I reach ms paint.

The moment I was set free, I was dragged back into this nighmare again. The problem was... I didn't realize how much trouble I was going to be in this time...

*Cries* So you're saying Strange-suki is that my problem is that I start in Paint...*CRIES* Dammit! I had a feeling that was the problem. But in the past it hasn't mattered a Gif was a Gif. Oh well I'll figure it out OH and please everyone else don't hesitate to put in your two cents *feels old* thanks Strange-suki. :)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

strangedarkness

strangedarkness

Anime Junkie with Pink Hair!!!

yeah... everytime I tried saving it first in paint, the image always came out gritty, or changed in colors -_-

The moment I was set free, I was dragged back into this nighmare again. The problem was... I didn't realize how much trouble I was going to be in this time...

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

Quote by strangedarknessyeah... everytime I tried saving it first in paint, the image always came out gritty, or changed in colors -_-

yeah same with me thats why my sig and avy look like crap. anyway, try finding your image as a gif, or if you cant go to download.com and download the free photoshop. then save your image as a gif. file the edit it with paint

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

Well AHHH *feels the love* I first save it as a Bitmap image and then get into my better software and save it as a Gif image. I think I see where I messed up. *Crying continues but then stops* Wait I think I may have an idea *evil laugh* thanks everyone and I'll totally take you up on your suggestion Maverick-suki. ;)

Signature Image

So you are wanting to make an animated picture hey?

Okay you what you need to do is for each image that you want to be animated, you need to make a separate layer (image file). The program that I use to make gifs is called Giffy - I got it ages ago though, so you can probably find something better if you look. Anyway, that program layers them on top of each other to make it animated.

I don't use photoshop - so I'm not sure how that works - anyways so there is my 2 cents on it ;) Good luck :D

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

Quote by KukuruSo you are wanting to make an animated picture hey?

Okay you what you need to do is for each image that you want to be animated, you need to make a separate layer (image file). The program that I use to make gifs is called Giffy - I got it ages ago though, so you can probably find something better if you look. Anyway, that program layers them on top of each other to make it animated.

I don't use photoshop - so I'm not sure how that works - anyways so there is my 2 cents on it ;) Good luck :D

Thanks love you know what I'm going to try that....woo hoo! *Jumps up and down* I'll get this down no matter what! *determined*

Signature Image

Remember GIF images are limited to a 256-color palette.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Okay...maybe that is the problem too AHHHH *pulls out all of hair just to have it grow instantly back* too many PROBLEMS! :angry: Thanks :)

Signature Image

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by strangedarknessyeah... everytime I tried saving it first in paint, the image always came out gritty, or changed in colors -_-

Yes, that's the problem with saving as GIF in MS Paint, Paint compresses the picture as 265 colours, so you get a gritty effect. Try saving as BMP in MS Paint, or just copy and paste into Photoshop or PaintShop Pro, then instead of "Save As", use "GIF Optimizer", settting the compression at the lowest level. that should give you a smoother image (I didn't know that until recently too...)

as for animated images, there's many programs you can use. But I started out in UnFREEz (just google it to find it), it's free to download. Basically you have to make your own individual GIF images, and UnFREEz takes those images and "sews" them together in an animation. The only downside to this is that the separate images flash at regular intervals (like you can't have one pic going faster than the next).

If you're looking for "images that float over images", you have to make the background transparent. If you have Photoshop, then you can just erase parts you want transparent. Before I got PSP, I used MS Photo Editor (it comes with Microsoft suite). There's a button called "set transparent colour", you can set the background transparent. Just make sure that the background is a solid colour, and that the background colour isn't anywhere else in your picture. The trouble with this is that since it doesn't optimize, the GIF somewhat compresses, and you get a slightly pixelated image.

Hope that helps!

Yes it does thanks love THANK YOU ALL! *huges everyone* ;)

Signature Image

Reading all this, I get a good laugh........... hehe.....

Life is a curse, but you can make it a blissing........

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.