Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Terrorist: What Motivates Them? - Minitokyo

Terrorist: What Motivates Them?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 33 total items

Currently, from what I know, terrorists are not necessarily religiously motivated. Rather, a person is classified as a terrorist if he or she maims, kills, or even simply targets, multiple people in an indiscriminate manner purely for a purpose or gain. A disgruntled person walks into their place of work with an assault rifle. A CEO with shady backgrounds is kidnapped and murdered. Three armed subjects walk into a building and take over, demanding the release of their friend. Only one of these is an act of terrorism, the last.

The motivation is simple, there is something the person or persons believe they can gain through the use of violence and fear, aimed at a group of people. The kidnapping and murdering of the CEO is not considered terrorism because there was a specific target. The disgruntled worker did not seek to gain anything other than revenge, and/or a vent for his or her frustration.

Most of the examples I used were derived from a textbook I once stumbled upon about terrorism. I do not currently have access to that textbook.

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

What motivates them? Boredom and the feel that they need to stand out because nobody reconizes them. It can easily be related to a kid in school that will go to exetreme lenths to get noticed. It's sad if you ask me. But there are some cases I can understand how they feel...

adeline94

adeline94

KiraXLacus Fan

i guess some incident happened to them and they hate the world so much so that they wanna destory it. bush might be one of the reasons too

i really want to think if some terrorist just follow the other, or is someone like a hitman. From a game called Hitman Blood Money, they only kill people that do something rather bad. Doesn't that count as terrorism because they kill people without any mercy? I mean, this is, so textbook terrorism. Anybody that causes fear, or worst, trauma, upon a community or an individual person can be called a terrorist. I seen one after another like that. Still doesn't satisfy me.

I think it depends on how you spin it. A terrorist is not a terrorist from their stand point. On the other hand the side being attacked by the terrorist considers them a terrorist because of their extreme actions.

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

Yup, everyone can become and shaped into terrorist as long they have some guts to create destruction and spread the fears among living beings.

You Get Hand-Gestured!

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

uhh...i'm gonna go with hate. yeah. hate.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

Jakkals

Jakkals

The Angel of Death.

Religeon, hate, love, patriotism, brainwash, governments (enemy and ally), ideology. It is a mixture of all of those things that motivates terrorists. It is also the same things that motivates the common soldier. So finding a person to do it, won't be that difficult. The most dangerous enemy is one with nothing to lose.

Terrorists are bad in my eyes though, and so is war.

Signature

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

From what little I know, most terrorists truly believe that what they are doing is the best and the right thing to do. The 9-11 terrorists truly believed they were doing it for their God, did they not? I guess it depends on the observer's viewpoint...God's advocate or terrorist? Of course, I think they're terrorists---I highly doubt, if there is a God, that He would want his children to kill others.

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 33 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.