Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 colouring-shadowing - Minitokyo

colouring-shadowing

page 1 of 1 6 total items

o.k, i have drawn a beatiful picture of cagalli with a pencil and scanned it and now i am thinking of giving it a colour. i am using adobe photoshop cs2, well, i did the colouring part(which turned quite Wierd) and now i am stuck with the shadowing part, I SIMPLY HAVE NO CLUE HAS TO WHERE TO PUT IT AND HOW TO, i tried a few times and it's turned out to be DREADFUL, so please, please, PLEASE, HELP me. x_x

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

hmm, if you PM me the image, maybe I can kinda give you an example? Im not that great with shadowing either, but I can see what I can do for you. Generally you need a source of light...and it should come from a certain spot. Is the light coming from above? Below? Left? Right? Behind the character? The areas of the body that are blocked from that source of light need to be in shadow. hehe I know its kind of a short explanation, but maybe it'll help?

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

It would definitely help if you posted the image.... you know... so we could help you...

But just remember that, like starrliteangel said, there needs to be a source of light, and go from there... you need shadowing at places like the nose, the side of the face, under the chin, where the hair overlaps anything, where clothes overlap skin, at wrinkles and folds in the clothing, at the different parts of the hair... and also places like under the eys and eybrows, under the upper lip (on top of the line of the mouth) and under the lower lip (that little triangle-ish bit that's a little below the mouth, in the middle).

That's... all I can say right now, since I haven't seen the picture.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

o.k, here's the image:
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/245273/
so, can u do someting about it.

MasterDrew

MasterDrew

The random Monkey!!!

I'm gonna piggyback off this and submit my own art that i need help coloring. My scanner sucks so it dosn't look all that great, i'm will to fix it up if need be. http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/2962/girllogoeditmx9.th.jpg (I added the anime root in photo shop for the site it was ment for)

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

Well, I usualy do the sadows befor skaning. You know, meke it as ditelad as I can in black and wite. Theat whay it's esier to work whit. Naw, to ghet to the point, if you what to ad shadows you must have a light sorce (like starrliteangel and embershadow just said). The hole ideea in adding the shadows is to "see" them. For instence, whin working on a draving howe's light sorce is comind from the top-left (most usualy), the shadow sould be mostly on the down-right. It is also very importent the pleces it's incresing. Moat likly near the original left line and on the ground ner the feet (in the example ubove), but also around the clods ~ they are not glued to the body, aren't they?~ But for beginers, it is indecated to work whit a model. Theat meanes to pot a doll ore modelete someting so it can take the shape of what it is you're draving. It usualy helps, buut if theat dosen't work, then you sould look at more anime/manga colord sches and scans and observe the sadows.
You also can find a few tips over on neondragonart.com, more exactly in the tutorials. Hope theat helpt you.

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.