Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you look for in a 5-star hotel? - Minitokyo

What do you look for in a 5-star hotel?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

What service quality and facilities do you look for in a 5-star hotel?
What are the most frequently used facilities in a 5-star hotel?
What do you think are the key elements in a 5-star hotel?
Should 5-star hotel have at least one restaurant on the top floor?
What are the hotel brands that you consider as 5-star?

As this is related to my job in hand, any comments are welcome.

Thank you very much. ^_^'

Room service, turn down service, mini-bar, cable television, air conditioning, hair dryer, conceirge, safe deposit box

for me, it depends on looks, services, free stuff they give u, air conditioning, cable or satellite with free "premium channels", free/cheap room service, minibar, good phone, and smell of the room in general. oh yeah, the price matters a lot too.. if its 500 a night, then ill gladly settle for a 3 star 50 dollar a night room..

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by ghost945What service quality and facilities do you look for in a 5-star hotel?
What are the most frequently used facilities in a 5-star hotel?
What do you think are the key elements in a 5-star hotel?
Should 5-star hotel have at least one restaurant on the top floor?
What are the hotel brands that you consider as 5-star?

As this is related to my job in hand, any comments are welcome.

Thank you very much. ^_^'

Interesting, may I ask which Hotel you work for? I am in Traders in Penang Malaysia.

5star...
depends, if you are talking of a classic standard where all hotels are 5 star and no higher, I reckon you look for the detail of great and absolute satisfaction in all rounds. Service quality, I expect much, especially in the restaurants, it is important that the moment I walk in the staff is to greet my presence, and that I be immediately taken to an available and comfortable seat. If I am a regular I demand of course, a unique treatment and that it be the same as the last time I came here.

Facilities, I don't have much expectations, a pool and a gym I guess, I don't do much of outdoor sports, and I reckon because of outdoor sports have to be outsourced, the quality may not be the same, which this, I cannot help to think it will affect my stay there if I decided to participate, or in any case, it is extras that I don't find necessary or useful.

Also, I hope to see the gym to be up to date, full functions and all.
I expect a quality maintenance, there must be absolute standards of hygiene. Without which, I shall complain.

Key elements, also dependant, I believe the first thing comes from management, which is what all of us do. We must adopt the first thing "Absolute responsiblity". A 5 star resort and hotel has very little allowance to spare for mistakes, or even to a certain extent, none at all, since all your customers are high payers, they expect perfection, and without a head, and great management, the group and working conditions and staff may suffer from such broken conditions.

One of the key elements is speed and hygiene, I expect the first thing, especially in the service and food departments, that food and selection of materials are prepared in a manner that must be speedy, must be well and hygienic, that the certainty of good clean food can be coming up to the customer's plate is absoluetly necessary. If I was a customer, I expect the speed, if I have to wait long, I expect a few compensations, maybe a free wine for example.

In essence, the key element is both Management and Coordinations, without this two, I believe hotels fail. I have of course, seen many examples.

Regarding the restaurant, I certainly do not have much to say, it all boils down to market forces, does your customer feels it is better to have to ride 30 floors up on a lift to have dinner for the extras of overseeing the sea? The city?

Does your company have readily available trained personnl and professionals to guide people down when a hazardous condition appears? Does your building have preventive systems? Fire doors? Support collumns? Secondary doorways? It is of course very problematic for the management to encompass these concerns to have a top of the building restaurants.

These are usually taken into account of the top floor stayers (usually the penthouse or executive floors) but it is crucial that secondary concerns be taken into account before opening a restaurant at the height.

Also, are there customers? Is there adequate demand? I think it is crucial to think before hand, are there enough in the area to support the cost of your operations? What makes it more feasible than ground floor ordinary but greatly serviced restaurants?

Most hotel brands are middle level, but if you are in this line, I expect you know you thing, I reckon Traders to be a five star brand of Asia (Formerly known as Shangri La), Marriott, and the such. The ones that are not five star would be everywhere, and more likely to occur in city and outskirts than five stars.

I don't consider a brand to be important tho, five star on the surface of the brand does not guarantee the hotel itself, it is not the first time i stayed in a place where the surface says five star but the standard and quality is dissapointing.

I hope that I have given sufficient insight, since it is also my field.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

A brochure for a 4-star hotel. 5 star is just to ritzy for me and I couldn't justify the price on myself.

Basically all I want is for them to make my bed when I'm away, someplace nice to eat and somewhere to lock up my valuables. Air Conditioning/Heating is also pretty much a given these days.

To me I guess that most hotels may have the same service and facilities.
But it's the quality of it that give it the rating.

e.g. A 3 star hotel may get a swimming pool like this...
http://www.mykonos-accommodation.com/images/mykonos-hotels-and-apts/Hermes/01.jpg

Where as 5 star hotel may get something like this...
http://hongkong.langhamplacehotels.com/japan/images/fac/p_pool2.jpg

And a 7 star hotel may get something like this...
The Burj Al Arab, located in Dubai
Just to visit that place all you have to do is pay a cheap price of $75USD!***
http://www.damnfunnypictures.com/images/Barj_Hotel_7.jpg

*** $75USD is just to pass its gates. :)

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

frankly, I rather have a usable swimming pool than a fancy one like the Dubai one, that is ridiculous and fancy for show only.,

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

BrokenGlass

BrokenGlass

Broken Glass or Broken Hearts

I dont know wich one I like more I like the five better and what I would look for is a hot guy to give me a massage lol

Signature
Love Is Like Glass Once Its Broken, There Is No Point in Hurting Yourself Trying To Put It Back Together...

5 stars right at the front of the hotel.

well actually I don't know what to look for cause i've never been in one, they're too rich for me.

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

thank you all for your comments. really appreciated.

will also appreciate if there can be more females' point of view. X-P

also, to answer Devildude's question - no, i'm not working for any hotel. I work for a property development company which is developing a hotel and is hoping for a 5-star hotel management company will manage the finished building.

Quote by Devildudefrankly, I rather have a usable swimming pool than a fancy one like the Dubai one, that is ridiculous and fancy for show only.,

Well that pool maybe for show or maybe it let's customers swim in it.
But since it's soo expensive maybe, most people won't bother going in?

*service men: that would be $1000USD, sir*
customer: What!?
SM: That would be $1000USD, would you like in pay in cash, check, or
credit card. We accept all kinds. :)
cust: Why pay $1000USD?
sm: You just swam in our pool
cust: But I just put my toe in it, that's all,
Look my upper part of the foot is still dry!*

Signature

Services and Accomodations.....Ah....the TV and Food Service part i guess makes up a important part of it.

Gee.. poor Service is a big No-No. As well as Accomodation. =)

No, i ain't rich enough to book in there every holidays. xP

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.