Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is the world better, worst or the same than it was 50 years ago? - Minitokyo

Is the world better, worst or the same than it was 50 years ago?

Have the world gone... than it was 50 years ago?

Better
9 votes
Its the same
6 votes
Worst
13 votes
Its changing in some way
37 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 61 total items

Hi people, i wonder if you ever heard from your parents, your grandparents or other older people that the world is now a worst place that it was when they were young.

I wonder if that its true or just an idea that older people have... we all know that mankind has always suffered from poverty, wars, slavery and injustice, now we are facing problems like poluttion, crime, lack of space, bad distribution of wealth and an empty life full of technology junk.

Some things seems to be better, nowadays many women have rights that were just a dream 50 years ago, many countries have done many things to improve the quality of life of its inhabitants, we have clean cities, the diseases that killed millions in the past are controled now, we can comunicate with eachother within seconds...

But in some way some things have gone worst, right now is harder to find happy people, all its about making money and consume, consume and consume more junk, everything is for sale: God, love, water, fun... at least that is what some people want us to belive.And if you look at the eyes of many people all you can see is loneliness and a huge desire for love, real love. Plus we live in fear because of terrorism, wars, murders and all the ugly things that you watch in the news everyday.And then we have the poor countries where people cannot even have clean water, a decent job and the opportunities of a better life.

So maybe the world have change, but i still cannot figure out if this change was for good or for bad, or just a shallow change, that allow some people to enjoy life while force other to live in injustice and sadness.

Signature

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

nah its probably worse. Trust me i mean i think i like the old morlas and respects a bit better. actullay 5o years is prolly worsehundred or so years would be way better

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

lillium1

life = existence, existence = ?

well, it is only better now because you can own and watch your fave anime all the time; but life was better before you needed a passport to travel...

The fact that people have the time and ability to wonder whether or not life is better now than in the past shows that, odds are, life is "better." We are now able to look at and think about the quality of our life rather than having to spend all of our time worrying about, well, living.

"Right now it's harder to find happy people?" Please. Feel fortunate that your worries are about how much money you make, instead of whether or not you will be able to eat tomorrow, or whether or not your local ruler/Parisian mob feels like executing you for treason today.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Its better in a great many ways but worse in others.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

Well, for some people is better, but for othher people it's worse. It depends on the person's point of viuw...

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

Killing-Frost

Killing-Frost

~Random.::.Guy~

well better in techology urbanisation and wealth... but sadly it has gone worsen in morals and principles... no one ever keep the old heritage of having the word of honour or a promise is a man code of honour or whatsoever... well such a waste..

~Snow is where i came from...~

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

I'd agree with Killing-Frost. The problem doesn't really lie in what you make but it lies within the people. People have seem to have gotten worse because of the way they do things. The thing is that many people only seek things for pleasure because they want everything fast and feel good. Too bad. Point of view is important. The most important thing is nature. People have negleted to look at it and it is treating us really badly (hurricanes, floods and others) because of the way we treat it. It will continue to get worse because of us.

Let's face it. We would all be happier if we worked on a farm all day. Especially kids, because alot of them sit around the house all day doing nothing while there parents are at work. Not many people realize it, but they would probably like doing farm work better. I know I would...

ronvic101

Nobody Is Perfect

hmm i don't know if it was better worst or the same than 50 years ago.
coz i wasnt there hehehe i think its change in some way

Image is in violation of the Guidelines for uploading signatures

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

I would determine - whether the world is better, worst, or the same than it was 50 years ago - by measuring happiness. Since its impossible to accurately measure everyone's happiness (a condition that brings happiness to some, might bring suffering to others) therefore it is also impossible to decide this matter.

As a matter of opinion, I think things such as advances in technology and medicine have increased happiness in most people. On the other hand, in many countries, morality seems to have decreased (many people seem to be losing their sense of kindness and general compassion).

That is my personal opinion.

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

Well it has changed in some ways, althought I believe that is gotten worst...like meaningless wars death of innocent people and staff like that....In general I think that nothing has changed from 50 years ago.

You can see your friends when you are in danger

Thing really are'nt that different compared to 50 years ago.

The East and West are again looked in a struggle of ideologies (War on Terror). This struggle itself a legacy of the Cold War.

Relationships between nations are constantly changing (nothing new)

Medical technology has improved much, yet with new super-bugs emerging we might be back where we regarding diesease control in the 1950s.

Modern technology (Cars, planes, boats, rocketry) has not change drastically in the last fifty years.

Pollution, nothing new

Morality and Kindness: Subjective point of discussion. It may seem at time that this is disappearing, yet that may yet just be another myth perpetuated by the media. Frm my standing point, people in general are kind and decent.

Signature
	Image[/img]

is changing because I cant said is better o worst the tecnology is good, the medicine is good, but the people I dont know is better I think the consumer, materialism, money, ambicion and other make the people more calculate and sellfish, I hope so the change is more spiritual way and see the future and the countrys problem more sensitive and do some more constructive for all of us
:)

The world is soooooo much better off then it was 50 years ago, crime may have gone up but medicine out-weighs that in advancemen alone, not to mention the general growth of technology in general. We are so much better off...

??

tough question. I have to agree with some of these ppl and say that the world is better and worse than fifty years ago. Its all about location and your point of view. For example, America, fifty years ago, just came back from WWII and the nation had a strong sense of unity. Also America gained alot of money from WWII. So from their perspective it was good.

Now from the other side, Germany loss the war and kill alot of innocent jews. Their homes were loss since the Americans and other allies bomb the country. And Germany was in ruins at the time. In fact, I believe there still left overs from the WWII in Germany. (ya know buildings cut in half by bombs). So in their perspective is alot worse.

So the real truth is that question is varied. In the present moment the same comparison, I just mentioned, can be said about Iraq and American.(Obviously the destruction in Iraq is nothing compared to Germany of its days.) Technology has improved in our time but with nuclear bomb, this technology could come back and bite us. (Also I think technology great but you must be aware of the danger of it as well)
So the question varies among different people who live in different countries. Also people have different point of views. Like my dad thinks this world is actually better than 50 years ago. The real truth is that there is no truth. Its just various opinions.

"Where's there is light, there's a shadow" (Hattori Hanzo from Samurai Warriors)

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

well... health had improve and the quality of life of some... but others are paining a lot and we complety ruined our planet during this last 50 years...
I seriously hope to someone to start chanching it's habits, I've already start

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

Zelnick

Zelnick

Knight Of Immortal Fire

It is better in most aspects: Health (less disease etc.), less Liberal control over U.S. government (they're screaming about it now :D) , internet, technology, Art, "active thought" (don't ask me about it), and Music (Rhapsody of Fire ^_^')

Same: War (people just didn't make a humongous issue about it back then), Religion, and Freedom (it is a bit better but not exactly a lot)

Worse: Society (more racism, negativity, and loneliness), Work, Money, Pollution (its just barely worse enough to get it out of my Same category), Laziness, and Music (Gangsta Rap).

Biggest worse thing: The popularity of negativity.

You asked for my opinions and you got 'em. :)

Signature

I ve mixed feelings about it. Its true that somethings have improved but in the process new issues have emerged and somethings have gone worse. So its more like a mixed answer where both answers hold true. Admix in all these we r definitely tryin to improve.

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

i think the world remains in a state of equilibruim no matter which age...kinda like now it is better cuz of technology and all, but what about pollution and other world phenomena that have occured because of our great discoveries...i donno every action has an equal and opposite reaction so when you think about it...everything comes with a price like my friend always says...

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

burijetto

burijetto

Detective Kirimi

Its the way you see it. The world is changing. We would not know people if we didnt have the internet and minitokyo would not have existed for us to talk like this, ne? But we could be more user-friendly. Like use stuff that won't harm the ozone and not waste water or food. But i have to say i hate those tomato parades in some countries where since they have so much of tomatoes they just play and waste it. 50 years ago, people would have been begging for food. Send the ;eftovers to africa will ya. People used to be more giving in olden times.

Signature
Do support me in my quest for world domination!~

shojostatic

shojostatic

~::<3Host Club <3::~

its actually both better.....and worse. For one, there's more technology to make our lives easier....but it kills us off too. (pollution, cars...etc). Most people treat each other better than they did 50 years ago, but i find that young ppl, (15-19)....are worse than before.

~LoVeYlOvEy~

From my perspective point of view of the current world, the world changes in a periodic series of mishaps and great fortunes. Just like we are living our lives. Although, some website i had visited long past particularly disturbed me.(Our lives on this world are totally controlled by a Single Secret Nation etc etc). Nevermind that cause it was a randomness search on the Google Search Engine while MT was down some time back. ^_^"

The world Always Changes. For every change, there is an effect. It's that effect that everyone determines whether it is for the better or the worse since everyone here on this blue world we call Earth home, has varying Lifestyles and under different climate conditions as well as personal differences on the world's workings !

As i mentioned earlier, the world's changes are just like we are living our lives. That solely is because, we are shaping the world for ourselves. Some agree, .... some don't. That in the end, end up begin the endless struggle and eventually, it's either Win-win or Win-Lose situation.

What i am trying to point out here, is that. There always will be a counterbalance on how our world evolves . For every change we deem good, there is always bad. Well, not totally bad...... Else, what difference will it make in our lives anyway ? We win some, we lose some. We can't always win all the time. Do you want to live in a world with no differences where you know you can't change a thing at all unless...you see it that way, *shrugs* i have no say.That will totally misinterpret what our civilization has be on-going for about let's see... 8000 thousand plus years since it first started ? O.o Woah.....

The world is always changing. Life begins here and we live it. It is not always a straight line we are walking. It is full of ups and downs. However, Life on this world...is a Glorious thing ! :)

For all i can say about our world, i say, the denizens has much to learn yet....yet, there is a big Growth inside us all. All the time.Changing.Always.

Let as Time Runs..

argh...late for appointment..i'll continue laterz...see you all minaass~~! ^_^"

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

not much in this world is a constant, always changing. Their's a little of both example chinas economy is alot better than it was 50 years ago. Computers have changed the world and make alot of jobs easier. Bad nowdays you have to be more skilled to make a comfortable living. Stupid government and illegal aliens. It's just life, If you don't like things the way they are do something sell all your possetions and move to another country. Only then U might appriciate what U had.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 61 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.