Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is the world better, worst or the same than it was 50 years ago? - Minitokyo

Is the world better, worst or the same than it was 50 years ago?

Have the world gone... than it was 50 years ago?

Better
9 votes
Its the same
6 votes
Worst
13 votes
Its changing in some way
37 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 61 total items

There are many aspects to be considered with a broad question such as this one. In my case I'm going to say that I agree with many of the above coments but I'm just goin to focus on 'US' humans our views of things are a little it better than before, I mean we are like kids in in the sense tolerance to other people believes or point of views even human rights are a bit better now more balance than how the were back then but there is still a VERY LONG way to go before we all learn to respect each others believes. Right is rigth no matter where you go and where there is still an unbalance set of right in time it will come to them too but in the mean time who has the right to impose their believes onto others. For short I would say we have move a few steps forward in the right way as humans but there is so much to be changed still and we are so many and growing by the second that new challenges arise making thia answer almost imposible to answer. Again the more we respect each others the better we would be BUT this also includes nature which we tend to forget or ignore more and more each day. . . In the end the question remains very subjective to what we focus on. Say on nature subject we are worse ||||| Dealing with each other we have made a few steps towars the right direction. That's what I have to say for now . . .

naeylin

naeylin

Reya's spirit

If we consider humans, progress in every domain make our world become better, that's a fact but our relations make our world become worst. And we all know that worst event are the most striking so consequently for human the world become worst.
For the Nature point of view the world becomes something which is the worse than all that we could predict.
Probably I'm pessimistic but realistic, the human population will always become worst... and our world will always pay our actions...

Signature

samu02

Back to Basics

That is always the case even from the time of Socrates... Only the stuff changes but not people. Not their nature, not the way they communicate with other people (I mean this in a non-technological sense). Heck, when we're old and gray, we'll be telling our grandkids about the good old days when we used to play on the streets and were still safe (of course, that is not entirely true) and reading from paper (books, I mean) were still promoted hehe...

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

I cant know if it was worse or better, since I didnt life 50 years ago, but I would say that now its better in some ways, to me it looks like life was very hard 50 years ago, and kinda boring

I believe if the world does exist 40 years from now with humans on it. I maybe a very peace place where treats govern war. And a place were technology make life's easy. But if there is a problem that you can't overcome like the superbug or global warming we may be living on the hellish place called earth.

Please commit is you disagree with me

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

It's changing and much better compared to the old days.
Just ask your grandparents or any senior folks.

I tihink its better in the idea that everything is more convinient. we dont have to work very hard to achieve great things. this poses a slight problem becaus we become lazyu, but overall, for the sake of progress, the worls is better now

I really all depends. In some areas, things have improved, and in some others things have become worse. Example: Communication and information disemination has improved coz of the internet.

Weapons have also improved but this improvement I don't like. It just means that we humans have just become more efficient in killing each other. T_T

i think its changing... for better or for worst.. people find how to survive in every obstacles they face..

you can own and watch your fave anime all the time....
It is better

Some things better, some things worse...
In modern rich countries we live best than ever.
Sexual intercourse is highly overated, and it's the cause of much misfortune of poor countries, specially in Africa and south-Asia, in the form of incurable AIDS and similar things
Culture is almost truly free and accesible for everyone in the rich part of the world, and interchange between cultures is way more common
Religious extremisms have increased in their activities and activism

You know; some rights and some wrongs

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

the world is changing, but not in a good way. the reason i say this is: because i am discusted by the way how most people worry about themselves and not caring how they treat others. Global warming is taking affect on this world as well, and we are the cause of it and we keep poluting the atmostphere. i guss what im trying to say is, when we fix one problem several more takes it's place.

im afraid what the future may hold if this keeps up *^*.

onyhow

Survivor...

A bit better...I suppose...

At least the nuclear threat is reduced...even though it didn't totally disappear...

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 61 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.