Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 'don't-remember-the-number' display voting time ^_^ - Minitokyo

'don't-remember-the-number' display voting time ^_^

Group announcement by Doujinshi-Support-Club

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Okay so once again, here i come :)

Please send your votes to me via PM, you're allowed 2 votes, one for each category (regular, colored). The drawings are on display in the DSC page.
When sending your votes, please make sure to give the link, or the name of drawing and artist, so it's easier for me to tally everything.

This month's voting should end around my birthday, that is august the 3rd. Make sure to take the time to look at every drawing !

NOW, THE NEXT DISPLAY IS OPEN ! So you can send your entries to ryuuen, glassheart, pegassuss, ephemeral-garden or me, and we'll put them up once we take down the previous display :)

Hail to doujinshi

Take care

zealot of .d ;)

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Entry for regular artwork 'Raine- Maiden costume' by starhellokittyangel got quarantined. 'Hope starhellokittyangel uploads a nicer scanned version soon.

*supports the zealot of doujinshi with her weak support powers*

*runs away from everyone whom she owes a nice guestbook post!*

Oh, and anjhurin, should we start talking about the plans for a major MT doujinshi 'event' (not contest! XD ) soon? Can we do it... here on this thread? ^^^ (three-eyebrowed freak here!) I can't contain my ideas, and we can't seem to meet someplace in these virtual lands at the same time.

The tricky part of the idea is mixing together the concept of having more non-artist members of MT and moderators themselves participate in the said event, your idea of a drawing contest on 'Minitokyo landscapes' (or how doujin artists and people see via doujinshi the various areas of Minitokyo: userpages, forums, galleries, etc.), the idea of collecting Minitokyo avatars for a Minitokyo avatar wallpaper series, promotion of more collaborative efforts between MT wallers and doujin artists as an extension of the Wallpaper and Art Revolution thing (w.a.r. - I'll ask flyindreams if she's game on making this extension thing... I was thinking.... "After W.A.R.: p.a.x." which is tentatively People's Art Exhibition ... w.a.r. & p.a.x. [apologies and honors to Leo Tolstoy, btw!]), drawing in participation of less-skilled doujin artists via their crafting of "doujinshi avatars" (I'm having one crafted right now!) and basically doing all these things without too much pressure on our real lives! lol!

And yes, advance happy birthday!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

haha thanks for the info..! ^^

Signature Image

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Eheh, chara-oni is back to haunt us ! Anyway, the p.a.x. would need another thread to get started (it would be a DSC limited thread though, for the time being, then to be broadened to a larger scale in the art lounge :) ). The pax acronym is really nice (people art rev........ hum..........let me guess...... that reminds me of something about a certain FAQ ^_^'........ it's all about that anyway !).

Oh, and chara-oni, you should not forget to vote as well, if you have time between your WAR commitments and RL !

Entry by starhellokittyangel has been taken down for the time being, till declared healthy by the MT medical staff, and to be entered back in next display !

Thx for the bday thumbs up X-P

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

... boo... boo? I'm really not *that* evil, Anjhu.

Copy that on the "discuss-in-DSC-first, then-divulge-in-art-lounge suggestion! Maybe the planning thing could be posted after the announcement of the DSC display winners, i.e. next month?

Asking for more ideas so far for the 'meta-art event (not contest!)'! Now I'm thinking it shouldn't be just a doujinshi event, since I'm proposing to involve avatar makers, wallpaper artists, mods, non-artists members and others into the fray.

And I guess I should credit where some of these ideas came from, right? Primarily from the w.a.r. event and this really nice collaborative project started by wallers on the the-planning-board page (the convert-music-into-wall-'Howling' Project thing?) which I feel could be seen as a reaction against the 'contest mania' that's been sweeping these virtual lands [everyone's into competition nowadays, lol! maybe it's time to let the other less-known "Law of Evolution" (actually Darwin didn't use the 'survival of the fittest' phrase, but some guy who tried to apply evolutionist theory into social theory did! Trivia, trivia?) to surface? The more-known is "Survival of the fittest: The strongest in competition survives", but less-known is the other one which is "Cooperate to survive: The strongest, in the existence of any social species, are those who are most social... There is no strength to be gained from hurting one another. Only weakness." And yes, goddess, I am already quoting verbatim from The Dispossessed! ] *stops myself*

Where was I? Ah! I'm happy you like the acronym. In a weird way, I was thinking of you and flyin (? Yes! I loves you both! Loves!) when I'm figuring out how to somehow find words to fit in the p.a.x. thing ... since W.A.R. was about competition, its proposed counterpart or twin or sister/brother should be about cooperation, ergo PEACE or, in Greek, P.A.X. - People's Art Exhibition!

And I had fun thinking of it, coz it really smacks right into one of my most fav peeps of all time --- Leo Tolstoy! Who happened to write a novel of the same name -- War and Peace -- ages ago! ^^^ Which happens to really fit into the whole 'yin-yang' of sorts! And who also is a religious anarchist of sorts! And wooops! *slips*

Yes, I'll vote! ^_~ But sorry everyone, if I'd be judging my picks from just the thumbnail view; internet connection's buggy.

But, everyone!
*haunting begins.....* Boo... booo... boote... voooote! (a little play at onomatopoeia there! ) And I love wiki! B-day greets again!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Wow I should look at this stuff more o_o.I think the P.A.X thing would be a wonderful idea,however.....we need more people to get involved.The group has been all but semi-concious this summer,and with the W.A.R. competition approaching it would be difficult to do something like that without enough supporters,and considering many of the members have not been very active lately in the group or MT (I sure as hell haven't),without a concrete mode of promoting and planning it might not get too far.Also,wth are doing for the W.A.R. competition o___o?Do we even have a team?

Edit:Ok looks the promting thing has been suggesting (saw char's last post),but we need more people to do that,primarily people who are pretty active here nowadays.

On a much brighter note,the collabs thing would help bring more orignal walls and artwork into the spotlight and start detouring some of this bias crap you see slip into the highlights section and popular art section.I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing a wallpaper get up there they probably didn't take nearly as long as a doujinshi.Just thought of something too,where the heck are Clap and Yina? Are they members? Let's recruit them for some of these ideas you got going char.that's if they're willing to assist in our endeavor of course ^-^'.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.