Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Machines or Emotions? - Minitokyo

Machines or Emotions?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

will machines destroy emotions or will emotions destroy machines?

i think, machines cannot overpower emotions.
:)

Emotions. Definetly!
In the movies we always see robots that want to have emotions.
Why do we want to become machines? Stupidity

Who believes in the convincing power of logics has never talked to an angry woman.

The assumption is, that the possession of material commodities is what makes men happy.it is thought that a man who has two rooms and two beds and two loaves must be twice as happy as a man who has one room and one bed and one loaf.
In aword, it is thought that happiness is proportional to income.
If happiness is proportional to income, the case for machinery is unanswerable.

machines have altered our way of life but not our instincts.

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

can't you have both? =/

Hi

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Quote by melikecookiescan't you have both? =/

Agreed. Still, didn't emotions come before machines?

oh, i really don't know, i mean machines are soo helpful, without it i won't be even commenting here on he net.

cbm

i want to have both too

yup, me tooo, i want to have both too...^__^

Emotions destroy machines or machines destro emotions...How do we know that? It's like good and evil, which one wins?

Emotions are felt by living beings (It's not something religiuos, nor new age: emotions are felt in different levels, the more evolutionated, the most it feels).

Machines would need to feel an emotion to be ambicious. They'll need "the spark of life", wich they don't have, in order to feel the need of freedom or domination.

Now, let's get religiuos Could a soul be born spontaneosly in a machine that looks for it? Again, we fall in the viciuos circle: they'll need to feel an emotion of vacuumnes, that something is mising.

But I'm a fan of the tales of Frankestein and Pinnoccio in all their variants: A.I., Short Circuit, Edward Scissorhands. There could be a possibility of a machine that has feelings?

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Hm... I think most of the humans want their emotions so I dont think the machines will take over. There are too many persons with too many emotions. They wont give in without a fight ;). And so do I :D. But probably, machines cant be destroyed by emotions, but we can destroy them cause we feel in a special way. In the end you cant decide who to win. Think all you want but we have to wait to actually see if its true.
/afaT

Signature Image

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

yeah i don't know, but i think i would rather not have emotions...hahaha...life would be less complicated and people won't get hurt, ne?

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

Quote by Lionhearted911yeah i don't know, but i think i would rather not have emotions...hahaha...life would be less complicated and people won't get hurt, ne?

Emotions are what make us human. If we had no emotions to govern our actions, we wouldn't be the race we are today. There would be no art, no music, nothing beautiful in this world would exist. Because along with the pain comes the happiness, and thats what drives us to create beauty.. and to be able to see what is beauty. we would be flesh robots. Almost mindless some woudl say....

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

Gallopia

Gallopia

__DaRK_ HImE__

Emotions is stronger than machines ....

Signature

Gallopia copy rights! DaRK HiME has return....

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

Emotions!

Signature
I'm back! :D

95Elizabeth

95Elizabeth

.:Breathe:.

Mchines are stronger.......
emotions mean nothing if you would lose them.....
I rather not have emotions........
If we had emotions it would hurt but if we didn't there won't be tears, anger, hatred etc........

Signature

does it... matter?

...... pikac......
Machines are only man made..... and emotions are...... only what humans can have... and everybody's is a bit different

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.