Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Problems with Minitokyo and How to Address Them: a Discussion - Minitokyo

Problems with Minitokyo and How to Address Them: a Discussion

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 57 total items

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Quote by Hiraku-San

Quote by candy-chan
To me, most of the forum here should not even exist. I would personally close the whole Chat section and raise the bar for creating interesting threads in the Cultural sections. People can chat in the chatroom, and keep the intelligent and somewhat lenghty discussions in the forums.

Whether we want it or not... there are still members of the younger age group... forums that depicts serious discussion would not entertain them... Of course we want more "serious" members but still we need to keep MT status as a free Community for members of every different age group... thus your idea is unwise..

First of all, your'e contradicting yourself here. "Wether we want them or not" =/= "we need to keep them"

And second of all, there is a difference between immature and young. I know some quite young adolescents interested with "serious" matters. I do not think having immature members will help MT develop into something more interesting.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by candy-chan First of all, your'e contradicting yourself here. "Wether we want them or not" =/= "we need to keep them"

And second of all, there is a difference between immature and young. I know some quite young adolescents interested with "serious" matters. I do not think having immature members will help MT develop into something more interesting.

Indeed, I think the same way.
Having immature members will only undermine the quality of the forums and further propagate ignorance, flaming.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

My take on this arguement is very simple: if you want a unique, quality and no-nonsense forum, follow the footsteps of news forums. But of course, we must be prepared to face the consequences of this action.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by AWOLMy take on this arguement is very simple: if you want a unique, quality and no-nonsense forum, follow the footsteps of news forums. But of course, we must be prepared to face the consequences of this action.

That may be true in theory but in practic most people simply don't care or are unwilling to follow them.
By the way, what would be the consequences of this action?

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

The sarcasm in my point is refering exactly to the fact that many people will not follow.

The result can be predicted; the mods will have a LOT to clear up. First impression has made MT known as a general forum, and many people will still think that, even if new rules are reinstated.

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

Quote by Yu-huang

That may be true in theory but in practic most people simply don't care or are unwilling to follow them.
By the way, what would be the consequences of this action?

If they were to be that stringent... well it would result in the loss of members... although there is members that are matured as you mention before... there is that large amount who are not really taking stuff that seriously.... To many internet is sort of haven and also a place for them to have fun... curbing their right to write as they do in the chat lounge... would make MT less attractive... although it will leave with those who are more matured... but then again there might not be that many...

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by Hiraku-SanIf they were to be that stringent... well it would result in the loss of members... although there is members that are matured as you mention before... there is that large amount who are not really taking stuff that seriously.... To many internet is sort of haven and also a place for them to have fun... curbing their right to write as they do in the chat lounge... would make MT less attractive... although it will leave with those who are more matured... but then again there might not be that many...

That is true, it would result in loss of members. Specially the immature ones.
But are you saying that you would rather have more members than are ignorant, shallow, and puerile than having fewer that are mature and who are interested in seeking greater understanding by having elevated discussions?

Though, I will admit that there are many who are immature, the amount of the members who are mature should not be underestimate.
For instance, there are people such as yourself, AWOL, shinsengumi, and many others who have posted here that are mature.

However, there is also the risk that the members who span the chat lounge will start to leeching the gallery and stop contributing - as unconstructive as it may be - all together to the community.

PAche

PAche

hoarder

i think the question is whether you want a totally stiff community with quality discussion and mature members - or a place where the community is huge, but the maturity level is low and the discussions are flippant and insensitive.

then again, people change.immature people can become mature after undergoing exposure to mature things.so the loss of members if mt turns serious might not be as bad as predicted.i second the opinion that the general forum is not necessary.the threads there are only easy to answer but are not very informative or intellegent(at times)

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 57 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.