Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion for the merging of posts - Minitokyo

Suggestion for the merging of posts

page 1 of 1 10 total items

enchantressinthedark

enchantressinthedark

Eternal empire.

Okay, I've searched for this topic and none seems revelent to mine so in case there is, please forgive me *bows*

Anyways, I'd like to comment a little on the merging of posts whether it is in the forums or guestbook posts. The merging of posts isn't that problematic in the forums, but it is in the guestbook posts. Here's an example:

Let's say I post something in A's guestbook. Then she replies me. Then when I reply back to her, but no one has posted in her guestbook at all, so my post will be merged with my last post. And if I didn't PM her and tell her about that, she probably wouldn't notice. No notifications are sent out either. Therefore, no one will probably notice the merged post.

So I was hoping that we can double post again like what we did in MT v2 or maybe, send out notifications if one post is merged with another post in the guestbook. That's just my opinion :) I hope that the mods will consider this please so that it makes it easier when our posts gets merged.

Intertwined ways of life.
Signature Image
Admin/Mod of G00D| F.W.| AsuCaga| GS-A| C.G.K| F.M.D| J.T-MT| B.W.T.B| S.R| Tsubasa| Host-Club

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

yup i agree..! ^^ sometimes i would not even notice unless i really go to my userpage and check it out properly.So i hope the mods will consider too..! ^^ thanks..! ^^

Signature Image

yah...i also agree...sometimes i don't notice if someone posted again...i only notice it the next time i go here... glad you reasoned this out...hope the mods will consider it.... :)

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Double Posting definately out of the question. We don't need members spamming other peoples guestbooks or their own just for credits. Which is why the whole merging posts was implemented.

Notif for a merge post have to talk to Sheqel about that one. It's a good idea just have to see if it can actually be implemented.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

My simple solution for that issue : as you said, you have to send a PM to tell the person your merged your previous post. Then, what you do is not merging your post to start with, and only send a PM with what you have to say. That's the easiest way to go around post merging in GB (and i mean, it's not much of a chore to do !)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

yeah I noticed that too. I guess you'll just have to glance at your guestbook from time to time?

but the real problem with merging is in the forum imo, esp in the Sandbox. Because if you're the last person to post, and you post again with an updated version of your wallpaper, the merged section doesn't update the last post time to the thread. So the thread isn't moved up the page, letting others know you've made changes to your wall and need more advice. I'm not sure how this could be fixed... any suggestions?

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Yea, I didn't even noticed Chole-chan merged her post until I scrolled slowly. I was like "!". Notifications on merges would be nice, if possible actually... but I ain't good with the whole php thang...

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

Quote:
My simple solution for that issue : as you said, you have to send a PM to tell the person your merged your previous post. Then, what you do is not merging your post to start with, and only send a PM with what you have to say. That's the easiest way to go around post merging in GB (and i mean, it's not much of a chore to do !)

yes, if you have anything to say, but afraid of merging, then just pm each other, so.. no more merge ^_^, the best way is to check your GB carefully then you can also recognize it right away :)

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

I'm not sure how codable a "merge" notification would be, as the system reads it as not generating a new item, but modifying an existing one.

However, I'll bring it up to Sheqel, he's "the man" and almost certainly knows more about coding than I do.

In the meanwhile, if you're having a conversation-like exchange with somebody that's still online, like stated above it'd probably be a good idea to check your GB for merges every once in a while.

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

k1ru

k1ru

is not here.

Yea. as somebodyelse mention. The system reads it as not generating a new item, but modifying. Making codes for your idea will be super difficult...

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.