Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why Christmas Is Not for Christians? - Minitokyo

Why Christmas Is Not for Christians?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

Wow seems to be a big deal her ehuh

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Quote by DarkIngramTrue Christians based only their beliefs on the Bible, not on mere human speculations or unsciptural traditions... as I've said, the Bible is a "Word of God" and God is not a liar...

First problem. God did not write the Bible. The closest you can get is that he inspired people (i.e. humans, i.e. beings not possessed of a perfect understanding and beings unto which he had bequeathed FREE WILL and FREE THOUGHT) to write lessons, stories, a little historical information in a number of different forms over a fairly long period of time that were then collected and made into "books" which were then collected together edited (not really in a bad way, just in a way to make them more understandable) and compiled into the Bible.
I really feel sorry for Christians that beleive the Bible is the end all be all of Christianity when its really just the beginning. To go any further you have to make your own choices and far too many people are too willing to follow others like sheep without question.

BTW. I do consider myself a Christian (Methodist as a matter of fact) and I do make use of those Pagan holidays to show my respect for my creator and saviour (as well as at other times). As for "true Christians" let me let you in on a little secret... Christ already gave every Christian the path to him, all you have to do is choose Him. So for any Christian that thinks they are better than anyone else keep your heretical "pride" to yourself. I may not agree with athiests, Muslims, Buddist, etc..., etc... but I do respect them because they actually chose a path regardless of which one it was.

OK sorry off rant.

On subject.
Holidays always have a reason. For most modern ones with any religious signifigance the reasons are usually (not always) a great deal different from their origins for a variety of reasons including out and out assimilation by various groups. As for dates, well we have changed calendars (and there are a few other than what many people use still in use today) a couple times so I cannot fault date choices. Does this lessen the signifigance of the holidays? IMO not really.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Im not sure how to answer this one...I not God...but if Dec.25 was his day of birth,then i think we should be very happy on that day.christams is nice,but im not sure what the bible says about it.

25th is the Idus of December, it used to be the solstice, but back then they didn't have leap years so the calendar got off a bit. ;)

I see nothing wrong with integrating pagan holidays into Christianity. Even Sunday is the day to worship the Sun. The real sabbath is apparently Saturday, but I still like going to church on Sunday anyway.

Pagan traditions were integrated into Christianity to help ease so-called "heathens" into the religion, so they don't have to change their lifestyle drastically.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.