Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Has what you look for in a partner been affected by anime? - Minitokyo

Has what you look for in a partner been affected by anime?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Anime character's always look so good. Their characters are spotless for some and they come in all shapes, characters and sizes whether they are male or fem. We all love them. But do they affect our realistic expectations of our partners? Do they cause us to have unrealistic thoughts about that 'ideal' partner that we set expectations that may be ironically high?

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

I might see people I think are attractive in an anime, but I dont set my expectations in a partner to meet the anime standards. It would be impossible to find your "perfect" boyfriend or girlfriend from the anime that you love, no matter how far you look. Even if it were possible though, I wouldnt want to fall in love with someone if they werent even a real person.

Signature Image

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

As i'm a mangaka, my partner should at least be ok with anime and manga, and of course, a companion who shared this interest would be great... on the other hand, love requires sacrifices, so if my special one didn't like anime at all, i would of course sacrifice this taste of mine. Heh ^_^

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

Bellisima

Bellisima

What's on your mind?!

Anime characters are make belive characters and that's a fact. Although most of these characters' personalities are based on real people. It would just be perfectly normal to idealize/idolize an anime character and admire their personality/character and want your partner to have the smae qualities but you have to be realistic in your expectations though otherwise you will just be disappointed. "Perfect Boyfriend" you say... goodluck finding one. I am just glad to have found a guy who shares the same love for anime as I do.

If I was ever offered the chance to pick any anime girl to be my loving girlfriend/wife forever I would most likley refuse the offer. After watching as much anime as I have physical perfection has come to mean less and less and mental/emotional stability/health more and more. I dont want the supermodel on the front of a magazine or the anime hotty in whatever series. I want a female of almost any physicaly possible shape who shares at least two of the interests I do. Anime, Gaming, and Pencil and Paper RPGs (example:D&D, Exalted, Vampire)

Zelnick

Zelnick

Knight Of Immortal Fire

Hmmm...

To me it feels like my expectations have been unconsciously altered by anime but when I see females and how they look and act in real life, I never base how I like them off of what i've seen in anime.

It is very wierd I know. ^_^'

Signature

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Quote by joycevI might see people I think are attractive in an anime, but I dont set my expectations in a partner to meet the anime standards. It would be impossible to find your "perfect" boyfriend or girlfriend from the anime that you love, no matter how far you look. Even if it were possible though, I wouldnt want to fall in love with someone if they werent even a real person.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Haha. agree with joycev too. Kinda feel that these anime characters are so So fantasy... but if only there was a person like that.. i think i'll have a crush on that person. However.. i think i'll be very insecure cos many other gals would be eyeing my "perfect anime him"... which makes me feel like i'm sharing him with so many others... So don't like that feeling.. I'd rather have a nice guy all for myself.. Wahaha...

But if such a person, as in with this calibre of an animation character fell in love with me.. i guess i wouldn't know what to do. Would you guys reject him/her?

DarkFireTim: Hmz, i sure share your views though i'm a girl. I agree that these characters may just be too picture perfect to fit into reality. After all, they are 'created' people that are to fulfill fantasy's...

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Yes,I believe what I look for in partner are affected by anime as well but I agree with joycev,it is true that there is no one perfect in the whole world,just as DarkFireTim said,they are too perfect.

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

i think it's unavoidable -_-''' Watching anime and reading manga is such a big part of my life so it had influenced me a lot. Most of the time anime main character would have something unique or attractive (otherwise the anime wouldn't be as popular on the market ^^)
It doesn't matter whether it's the looks that are good or not, i think the personalities of the main characters are the most attractive part...
and i think i look for those kind of qualities in the real world with 'potential' partners.
Most of the times they don't have such a strong character as anime people would have.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Yeap, quite true, but if only there was that 'person' out there, I think I would grab him (since i'm a girl)/her haha... I mean, would you all give up such an oppotunity when you meet such a dream lover?

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

In a way I suppose. I for one, has seen 'the one' in an anime... though I won't name which one (gomenasai!). This person has all the characteristics, both in terms of personality and physically wise, that I've dreamed of. In a way it's disheartening that you've found 'the one' but you can't have them 'coz they ain't real.

I suppose it's a matter of time as destiny/fate reveals itself whether or not I find the perfect one in real life.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I can say definitively no. My impressions of what my partner would be like are in no way affected by anime.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Only to the extent that I don't think I could seriously enjoy myself with someone who isn't at all interested or who can't stand anime. Watching and discussing anime and other watchables with friends is a fairly decent part of my entertainment, a part which I'd rather not give up or cut down unless I have to.

Oh, yes, it does indeed. The way I look at boys will be permenantly marred forever...*sigh*

Carros are the cutest!

i really want to have a girl like Sakura or Nanoha...but i know that its imposible...so i dont care how the girls are...i never had what i want... T_T

You are so right about the expectations being so ironically high...I watched Gundam seed and Destiny so my expectation for my bestfriend is like the friendship between Kira and Athrun and as for love relationships I wish it was like ayashino no ceres XD...So yes I put my expectations very high basing them from anime^^ Besides there is nothing bad about it right?Ill quickly fall for a cute girl who loves anime :)

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

I guess having high expectations because of the influence anime has on us is kinda a norm. Which person wouldn't want a princess or a prince as their other half... however, i feel that such a perfect person is SO hard to come across now in the modern world.. it's just so disheartening when reality slaps you in the face, telling you, "STOP DREAMING". The 'ONE' you fantasize about may nv even cross paths with us and we may sometimes fail to see that the precious one is so close by because we are always aiming for those far away.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

It didn't really affect me. Sure, I sometimes think about what would happen if that did come true but I know for sure it won't come true because no one is perfect in this world. I can accept all flaws from my partner.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

I had to laugh out loud when I saw this thread, because as it turns out... anime DID have an effect on who I chose as a partner! Not in the sense that I want Sesshomaru-reborn knocking at my door, but in that he\'s a fellow anime fan! It\'s a relief not to have a boyfriend who questions your love of your bishies, but\'ll sit through the anime simply because he, too likes it! (Not that my guy particularily likes my little adorations of characters such as Abel, from Trinity Blood, or Mugen from Samurai Champloo! ^_^')

Mrs. Abarai Renji (I wish >_<)

yes, it has been affected.
It's so hard for me to find a partner now, because I always see the flaws in the person because I compare him to anime characters.
I'm an Idiot, I know... ]:

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

HAha, not really I think it's kinda an expected reaction that most anime lovers encounter? We are so impressed by the characters in the shows that we expect real people to be like that... which is really quite off target don't you all agree? Anyway, I used to be blinded by anime couples too i gotta say. I used their ways of commucating and all their drama as a gauge for my own love life... but of course, soon i found out - It was kinda riduculous... maybe this is why shows are always only shows... haha..

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Well, this one girl I have a crush on now has purple hair...

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

HAha, is that supposed to imply that she looks like a girl out from an anime? But this makes me wonder why characters in anime have such fancy hair colors like red, pink, purple... blah... does this have some implications on their race or what? I always thought that all cahracters in animations were Japanese? Oh ya.. I guess that is what made me think that all jap pple are all good looking.. hahah..

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.