Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Has what you look for in a partner been affected by anime? - Minitokyo

Has what you look for in a partner been affected by anime?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by auradereccaHAha, is that supposed to imply that she looks like a girl out from an anime? But this makes me wonder why characters in anime have such fancy hair colors like red, pink, purple... blah... does this have some implications on their race or what? I always thought that all cahracters in animations were Japanese? Oh ya.. I guess that is what made me think that all jap pple are all good looking.. hahah..

Well the hair color thing is just so that they're more noticable. I remember reading about this from Ask John on Animenation.com. Often, in anime, everyone will have bland, normal colored hair, except for the main characters.

The hair thing doesn't imply race, that's usually done with normal colored hair (ex. black=asian, brunette=caucasian, etc.). Also, the characters in an anime can be whatever race the director chooses them to be.

And yes, I guess that would mean she is straight out of anime to me. Worse, I forgot to get her name, so all I know her as is "purple-haired girl."

One must know to differentiate reality from fantasy. It's pitiful to find someone looking for an anime girl, especially since most characters are made to fit certain standards and be likeable. They are nowhere near real.

But yeah...I do have been affected, but only on one thing and that is that I don't have a "type" cause' I don't know if the guy of my list will be enough for me, or if I will come to love a sadistic jerk. Who knows? the heart is funny and now that I think about it, this one of the few things that do happen in both reality and fantasy.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Wow, haha, thanks for all the detailed explaination man! If you didn't tell me, i wouldn't have realised the point of only main characters having those more crasy hair-dos. Lol.. And, i wish you luck with purple-chan! haha.. hope u get to see her agn and get her name this time!

PS, she must have been really pretty if she was straight out from an anime as u mentioned! *Excited*

shinmeiryu

shinmeiryuuuu~

jep because of anime i see girls a lot differently...
i like kinda weird girls right now....
girl with dont know strange clothing style and huge.......you know
and because of that my best friend tells me im picky....
and im not picky!

Meow~

what i look for in partner afffected verry by has anime.
You are being right.Anime is afffect verry people.

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

komrov

komrov

"Fear not the psyker."

yes i right with nedved, anime affect people lots, me also anime effect seeing lots of more then not ever anime, if anime then more different...

Signature
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gate unbarred and unguarded." - Librarian (Warhammer 40k)

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

It's true that I'm drawn to certain characters, but I don't expect anyone in real life to be like them. Sometimes, I actually don't want a girlfriend who is like an anime character that I'm enamored to. For example, I fell in love with Haruhi from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, but I'll probably die before having a crush on a girl like that in real life.

As for wanting a girlfriend that likes anime..I'll admit I'd certainly like that, but it's not important. What is important is that she can tolerate my love for anime, even if she doesn't care for it herself.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

they do! not in physical apperance but more of wats inside of sumone, er... like they're personality..........

well, can't deny that there have been some influences by anime, but I'd like to believe I prefered japanese women before.......

hmm I think so.. I like the way they make anime males act a certain way and how they show them and I really always wanted a partner like an anime male haha but that's not going to happen anytime soon

id definitely say that the anime i have watched has very much shown me alot of charactaristics id like to have in my bf and im not unrealistic tho there is a limit but i think that ill never get closer to what i truely want in someone as i have right now and i was able to get it all in reality and in fantasy hes my dream just hope the dream does not float away

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Hm, dreams wun float away unless you allow them to! So i wish you luck in relinqiushing your dreams and getting your prince. HAha..

yeah it had an affect on me...sadly...means it'll be hard to find a guy. rofl.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

It'll be hard to find a guy who fits the character part.. that's wat i think.. haha.. there are actually loads of good looking pple out there... the only thing is that most of them are either mean, selfish or playboys... HAHA..

true anime has cause mi expection of mi future partner to be higher. but then again if u truly love a person, u wouldnt mind what she looks like. Anime also teach us to accept people no matter wat their appearances are without discrimination.

Siri

Siri

Suou

Not really. I hate most of the.. "normal" guys from anime's because they're just sleezy jerks who somehow manage to get girls,

Otherwise they're crazy maniac priests who carry guns swear and chant mantras. Those type I like but realistically I'm not going to find.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

One of the best way to know, how your dream partner should look like is anime.
If you like ex. Kagome from Inuyasha, than you know that allso in real life you will search for a black haired, green eyed girl. The same goes with personality. If you like the hyper-active Naruto, you will search in real life for positive, optimistic person.

Turtle, Wolf, BMW, Katana and Soup 4 Life

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

I think that anime characters are kinda like a gauge on what you would expect from your partner in reality. You kinda watch the show, than start to think that.. "Ok, he/she should do this, this, that... for me to prove they love me...blah" haha.. But this is really inpractical? I mean which real guy would love and love till the ends of the earth. It's really all fake? hmz... anime is just something i can wish for to happen.. but of course, there is a 99.9% chance it will nv happen man! *Sigh!

I think it's possible :\

Signature

yeah, a little. I was expecting to met the prince charming like any girl but after some bad experiences, i realized what i was looking wasn't a prince but someone who'd want to protect me and support me in living like becoming my strenght in life... i found it 3 years ago so i'm happy. we argue like any couple, we fight but it's real !

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

hmz, yea... prince charmings' don't exsist anymore... that's in my opinion at least.. but i agree with soryane that what girls need is just a trusting partner that would support and protect her... However.. such guys are scarce now. But i guess it will all be left to fate.

A-10hybrid

A-10hybrid

My cookies!

I don't think so. My anime dream girl is a goddess. No really, she is. Heheh. Of course, I always think realistically. I'd like a girl who is kind and generous. I've been a troubled kid for a long time and someone like that would make me feel more at peace.

Yeah.... Credits to Elena (Toya999) for the sig, err the avatar.

I dont compare between a real life girl and an anime characters looks. Those 2 are completely different things.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

HOw i wished i looked like an anime girl though... so totally hot and cool! =) SOme of them even have incredible talents... and if my guy was an anime guy, he woiuld be just too good to be true man.. it would be really DRAMATIC.. ROFL

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.