Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should We Allow Cousins to Marry? - Minitokyo

Should We Allow Cousins to Marry?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Well this is a difficult issue. On one side, that happened in my family and I know from experience how it looks like. And it turned out well... very confusing to say the least. On the other hand, my personal opinion is that you can love who you want and no one has the right to judge you for that. I'll say there's nothing wrong with that, as long as the two know exacly what they are doing and know all the consequences of their choice.

up up and away

depends on your tradition all i'm gonna say is sisters and brothers is definetly wrong. People just say that the child will be deformed but it isnt certain so dont worry about that part because there is probably a higher chance of the child being normal

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

Meh... as a lot have already said, the child will be deformed...or something unusual will happen.

Actually, I have heard from my mother about this before...
There was this company and the owner wanted to keep the money within the family... so for a few generations after that guy, the brothers, sisters, cousins, and anyone in their family married each other whether they liked it or not.
The offsprings were really unusual. One of those offsprings became my mother's classmate, and yes, she wasn't normal. She was mute.

What I'm trying to say is... it really depends. If you want to risk the possible consequences, then go for it. ^^ But it's safer not to...

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Prickly issue. I know I wouldn't want to marry my cousins, cuz they're, ahem, very traditional french. Bothers me somewhat. But, I think cousin marriage should be legal but discouraged because of potential genetic problems. Brother/sister is even more prickly: again, any human love should be legal, but I think someone should at least try to find someone outside the family. However, I don't think parent/child relationships are appropriate at all.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

thats crazie....... like last week my first cuzzins were dating each other and it was hard to watch but then they broke up (thank god!) but i guess it depends i mean if they're first cuzzins, thats wrong...........and gross...............but wat ever shit happens.......

I do not think that there is anything morally wrong with cousins marrying, so long as they actually love each other. The primary issues here are that religion opposes such a union, and that there is a risk of genetic flaws in their offspring. The former should not play any part whatsoever if the couple is not religious, and as for the latter it is easily remedied if the couple chooses not to have children/adopt.

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

I think the general public is overly extreme on this matter.
I think it should be okay as long as they know what they're doing, and the possible consequenses.
What I dont agree is when two people who are in love and have the right conditions to marry, but did not, because of outside prejudice and pressure.

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by sakaji22thats crazie....... like last week my first cuzzins were dating each other and it was hard to watch but then they broke up (thank god!) but i guess it depends i mean if they're first cuzzins, thats wrong...........and gross...............but wat ever shit happens.......

It is my own personal belief that everyone is entitle to their own opinion.
However, may I ask why do you think it is "wrong and gross"?

Quote by forte712I think the general public is overly extreme on this matter.
I think it should be okay as long as they know what they're doing, and the possible consequenses.
What I dont agree is when two people who are in love and have the right conditions to marry, but did not, because of outside prejudice and pressure.

Wise words,
I too feel the same way about this matter.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

genetically, there's no problem - the probability of the child contracting a genetic disease is only barely higher than a child of two completely unrelated people.

morally, i see no problem with it. whats the big deal? let's stay away from grey areas such as love for the sake of discussion - step back and really ask... "why is it wrong?" religion and human civilization has evolved a qualm against family members getting married to each other -- i believe as a result of our ancestors finding out that having a child with your sister leads to messed up kids.

apparently the anime industry doesn't have a problem with incest, though... and since anime is life... well, there's your answer, lol

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

Well in my family we have this grouping first cousins, second cousins and so on.... First cousins are actually cousins that are closely related to me... thus marrying them is a no-no... while 2nd and so forth is ok to marry... Well jaalin said that genetically is wrong... but actually thru past year there has been significant problems about people marrying thier closest relative even their sister... In olden days there were some royals who only allow marrying in among their families... And the results has been awfull... many babies were deformed and disabled... thus, in the current society people have the mindset that marrying people of close relations is unacceptable..

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

Elyvania

Elyvania

The hope of a dreamer

I think that it's fair and that it should be allowed to marry your cousins or anyone fo that matter it there is a true love to support them.

"... It's clear to me now that I have been moving toward you and you toward me for a long time. Though neither of us was aware of the other before we met, there was a kind of mindless certainty humming blithely along beneath our ignorance that ensured we could come together. Like two solitary birds flying the great prairies by celestial reckoning, all of these years and lifetimes we have been moving toward one another..."

Robert James Waller (The bridges of Madison county).

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.