Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Buying Manga/Anime - Waste of money? - Minitokyo

Buying Manga/Anime - Waste of money?

Do you think buying manga/anime is a waste of money?

No.
77 votes
Yes.
10 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 98 total items

Well, lets put it this way...
Manga made by company/author -> manga bought -> company/author gets profit = MORE MANGA!

So it isgood for the manga/anime economy, which will result in more manga, which will please us fans.
Sure, there are scans and fan-subs, but to be able to own part of the merchandise makes me feel like a proper fan.
I hate scans, as you don't physically hold the 'book' and read from it. As for Anime, I download fan-subs, and if it's good enough, I do buy the series. Also I do buy some things at 1st glance.

So I would say, keep buying! Not a waste if you enjoy it.

yes and not . because if u are a student u can have fun if u are a adult u need ur money to live . that depend of the situation...XD

I don't think it's a waste of money. I prefer having a copy at hand and it's easier to carry around from place to place. I collect manga that I think seems interesting based on research I do on the internet but I think one should have limits on buying manga and anime. But then again, if you enjoy it then I don't think it's a problem.

MadMover

MadMover

The Underside of the Kitties Paw

As it is, I have over 700 store bought DVDs, so obviously I don't think it's a waste, those that just download are crooks in my opinion. They refuse to buy something that they can steal. So if the otaku out there don't like what I have to say, but then again their shut ins that never get out of the house to do anything, so who cares. ^_^

Believe in the freedom of music!

Signature

himura088

himura088

~Smile

Quote by indelusionI doubt that japanese is less vulgar than English.

Lets talk about "Vulgar." #1. In Japan they sell used panties in vending machines. #2. Japanese men are obsessed with young girls.

Different people have different opinions. Besides, I wasn't referring to Japanese in general, but in Manga. If you have read or perhaps saw the difference in the languages used, eg. in Ouran High School Host Club(English is definitely more vulgar than that of Chinese or Japanese)

CrazyGiirl

CrazyGiirl

*CONFUSED

I dun think it's a waste of money...cuz its not mine.. =P Juz Kidding...not that reason...but,its worth it. For My Joy~ ahahah,but i dun think manga/anime books are really that expensive...Got lots of books at home...Stacks of it. Unless u get those direct-translation books..But the chinese comics are usually WAY cheaper than the english ones.[[I live in singapore]] But i still buy english...cuz i failed my chinese..T_T

I don't think it's a waste of money if it's something that your really into.

i spend quite a bit of money on anime/manga - i don't think it's a waste if you really liked the series n_____n

diana86

diana86

|||TwinSoul|||

depends....if you are a very big fan of that particular series then it's really worth it to collect the manga volumes....at least you have something to brag about....but of course, it cost a lot.....

downloading scanlations from the net is much more cheaper and covenient......

Signature
In that special place between the earth and sky...

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Well, the true question is, is that are you doing it for yourself, or are you doing cause you just love anime, or, are you doing it because someone you like likes anime to.

For me, i feel like im wasting money on buying it, cause im the only one out of all my friends who likes, or even knows, wat anime is. But, then again, i will only buy certain types of anime.

Signature Image

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

It eats my allowances for manga so I rather buy the anime

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by drastikhateIt eats my allowances for manga so I rather buy the anime

Haha! Same here! Now, pretty soon my money from work will do the same thing. ^_^'

Signature Image

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

buy your own house first little kids...

Signature

im a college student on a 300 dollar a month budget and about 100 of that goes toward manga and anime. I definitely do not consider it a waste

EldaLacus92

EldaLacus92

Elda^Lacus

Welp.... bying manga is sort of waste of money... and room space XD ! But I really enjoy bying them though I try to lessen it a little bit... my bookshelf is quite full at the moment ^_^'
Of course if you consider very wisely first about your... allowance, how much can you spend in that month and can you afford to buy manga instead of using that money to other cases. :)

Because we are we and nobody else. For who we are we live for it.

Gee... Manga been ripped off from the internet? Ok. i am fine with the concept. However, it seem in my opinion that the internet manga always comes out earlier and of course...kind of spoil tastes for ppl who are collecting them in books. Manga been a waste of money... That's got to be based on each and everyone's point of lifestyle and needs.

Me? I never regret buying manga cause i know it will be a good series therefore the equation for me here is :

Quanlity Work + Good Manga = Worth = Can Buy

Of Course, i only buy certain types and not all of them. Mostly i rent them at the Store. ^^ Cheaper that way and helps research which anime/manga is worth keeping. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Besides, i enjoy it much. It's a pastime that keeps me entertained. xP

Anime ...hrmm..all i know is... most DVD/VCD shops and video shops (In my country, Singapore) had poor sub(s). Worse, no Fan-subs! So commonly , we don't buy it. Rather, we share with each other as we import anime direct from Comic/Manga shops. ^^

On the other hand, buying it ain't so economical wise.... we can use that money for some other constructive use....to kill our boredom i mean ! ^_^'

All in all, from my point of view, to summarise things up, moneywise, It's a waste of money only if you do not enjoy it without knowing it first.

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

I think if you like something, then buy it. If your hesitant then it is a waste of money. It also depends if you have other things that are necessary when it comes to financial situations. I cant afford mangas while going to school.

It's not a waste if you just download everything =)

Be Free and Masturbate

I personally like to collect both manga and anime series. I think that even if you can dl both anime and manga for free you should make an effort to purchase to ones you like in order to support the industries.

Dreamer25

Dreamer25

Dreamer

Well for me I don't think it is a waste of money. Plus I never intend to sell anyone of my manga. Anime on the other hand I don't have to worry about. My friend gives me the hook ups and all I have to do is supply the blank. Though there are moments where I would like to buy the anime, but short on cash. Plus saying that it is a waste than it like saying you are wasting your money when you buy a painting of picasso.

Evil Mind Good Heart

no i don think so..if the manga is nice.then it is worth lo.

lillium1

life = existence, existence = ?

i love anime, obvious right, but its a waste of money if i let any one comment on it, so, if people like drugs, alcohol, and other vicious crap, which is way more expensive, my anime is not a waste of time... or money. i work at a fast food restaurant and study at university... anime is my only salvation and if anyone has anything to say about it, so be it... words don't bother me.

absolutely not.
not more than it is to buy things like baseball cards or collectable figurines. each and every person has a some sort of interest, be it something common such as buying fashionable shoes and clothes to something niche such as collecting manga but whatever your interest is, all you should be concerened is how you feel about it and not a thing about what others would say. cause what's the point of making others happy or having others think your someone who your not, when you really aren't that person. if it makes you happy, even if it's only you, then it's never a waste of money. to each, his own.

i wouldn't say it is a waste to buy anime/manga.
but you can download anime and manga from the internet which are just as good as the originals so if you do it that way you can enjoy you anime/mangas while saving your money :D

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 98 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.