Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 (Questions to all sexes) Can guys just be Close Friends? - Minitokyo

(Questions to all sexes) Can guys just be Close Friends?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

When ya watch anime and two guys were really close and they're just friend. But my friends who watch the same anime thinks that they're gay. I thought they could be gay too. But then my brother stepped in and asked, "Why can't two guys be close and not be called gay?" Why is it when girls are close, they aren't called lesiban? While for dudes, when they're closed they're called gay? I'm not sure myself.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

its just more widely accepted i guess that females can be close together without being seen as lesbian, maybe its more common i dunno *shrugs*

but guys can have close friends too without any other intentions, especially if they grew up together

Signature Image

IcyBlade

IcyBlade

eXceed Master

wat the heck? I've never think that way and igot a lot of friends who loves the same anime as i love.

Anyway I think I'M NOT NOT GAY cuz' loves same anime are not gay. Who say to you like that?....

Signature
Ready to shootout! eXceed!
-Rain Lindwurm-

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

The people who think that are idiots. There are many people who are close and aren't "gay". The problem with the people is that they "assume" that others are gay or lesbian and just say that hoping that they would be correct.

I think it has to do with some gender discrimination anyway.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

The reason why people dont think that girls are "lesbians" when they are close is because everywhere you go you see girls always hanging out with each other all the time. And to them, it's normal.

But seeing two guys haning out all the time, just only them and no other guys, assuming to others that thier gay. Anyone can have a realy close friend with the same sex, and that doesnt mean that their gay nor a les. It just means that you both realy know each other very well and that you feel comfortable with each other that you wold only want to be with the same person.

I have a close friend, well, I had a close friend. You see, he did something that I told him no to do. Now he lost his life becuase of medicine overdose and family break-up. I'm very sad that he passed away, but happy for him, knowing that he's in heaven and away from his misurey.

Signature Image

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

Who ever said that guys can't be just close friends, he/she should be smack upside the head. That's just crap.

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

PAche

PAche

hoarder

i think its because in general, guys are "supposed" to be more manly.and the definition of manly is like all independant and strong.more loner-ish.but for females, we're more supposedly dependant and hence more clique-ish, which gives some room for being close to another girl.

sure i think two guys can be just close friends

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

I think maybe it`s the action la... Cuz mostly gurls are very common seen touching each others and play around but boys doesn`t and it will seem wired if your does so... And it depend on how open the social can accept this so mostly when guy have close contact then it will be seen as gay!

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

It's called ignorance, a lot of people just choose the shortest path... usually involves the least amount of thinking cause of the media brainwashing or just overall stupidity. ^__^

-repeat-

In this age of which we are living in the world rite now, ppl tend to think alot more on the "negative" side. Often, it lends to lots of misunderstanding if both guys or gals happened to be close enough and got labelled "Gay" or "Butch". Well, the less intellectant often had the weaker mind... As long as we all know what we are doing, who care's abt been labelled gay or lesbian or such ? Alot of them forgot how to spell the word " Brotherhood" in their Social minds.

As such,

Quote by miraku-spike The reason why people dont think that girls are "lesbians" when they are close is because everywhere you go you see girls always hanging out with each other all the time. And to them, it's normal.

But seeing two guys haning out all the time, just only them and no other guys, assuming to others that thier gay. Anyone can have a realy close friend with the same sex, and that doesnt mean that their gay nor a les. It just means that you both realy know each other very well and that you feel comfortable with each other that you wold only want to be with the same person.

miraku-spike had already speak out about how profanity of the society is now.

Quote by jasaiyajinIt's called ignorance, a lot of people just choose the shortest path... usually involves the least amount of thinking cause of the media brainwashing or just overall stupidity. ^__^

Quote by PAche....guys are "supposed" to be more manly.and the definition of manly is like all independant and strong.more loner-ish.but for females, we're more supposedly dependant and hence more clique-ish, which gives some room for being close to another girl.

That sums it all up. ! ^^couldn't have said it better!

Guys just been close friends? Sure , why not ? I had lots of pals whom i am close with. Else, i wouldn't be here in MT either, spilling some of my crapness once awhile...someone slap me please. Lol. XP I think the world really turns out real weird nowadays. Haha!

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

you don't have to be gay to have a close friend that's the same gender as you are.

Hi

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Quote by miraku-spikeThe reason why people dont think that girls are "lesbians" when they are close is because everywhere you go you see girls always hanging out with each other all the time. And to them, it's normal.

Yeah, miraku-spike is right.

There's no problem with just being close to a friend, regardless if you have two males together.

Guys for some reason around here tend to be very homophobic ... Like don't get too close, or you'll be gay! Either way, I don't think they should feel so afraid on this, and society should stop being so silly. But I think we'll have this issue for a long time, because it's just not a very "manly" way to act.

CrazyGiirl

CrazyGiirl

*CONFUSED

yah...they can be like...friends since duno when? unless they're gays.....=x

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

i think that guys kan be klose friens without being gay... i think that guys think that if ther is affektion shown between two guys... then... its... gay... but... its not like theyr making out in public or somthing... maybe theyr jus really good friens... ^^ thats jus wat i think ^^''
m.i.a.

I think they can be especially when they grow up together. My fiancee and his friend grew up together and are close friends...well not really anymore because his friend is a butthead >.<...he hates me...just because I'm with my fiancee...*sigh*

as for guys being friends with girls I dunno...because I had a male friend that I went to school with and we were just friends...and then it turned out he just tried to get me to break up with my fiancee and go with him >.<

ElvishImmortal

ElvishImmortal

Spellweaver

I agree with PAche on this one. In today's society, men are shown as the tough kind of person who dont show their feelings to others. People MIGHT think it's weird, cause usually guys hang in a group, not just 2 exclusively. People should NOT assume that they are gay, just because they are very close; you need to have concrete evidence that they are gay (eg kissing, or other couple things)

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.