Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Atheism and Theism - Minitokyo

Atheism and Theism

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Don't be so harsh plunkies, even though i agree with you 100%.
I don't think telling him to jump of a cliff will help.

My question though again has been dodged and no evidence was presenteted....

Shinsen89

"Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition". - Adam Smith

"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." - Isaac Asimov

merged: 08-16-2006 ~ 07:49am
Be eaiser on him plunkies, telling him to jump of a cliff isn't going to help.

I don't think my question was ever answered it was just doged, where is the evidence of god?

Plunkies did make a good point though.

Shinsen89

More Quotes...

"Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning". - Bill Gates

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

merged: 08-16-2006 ~ 07:49am
Be eaiser on him plunkies, telling him to jump of a cliff isn't going to help.

I don't think my question was ever answered it was just doged, where is the evidence of god?

Plunkies did make a good point though.

Shinsen89

More Quotes...

"Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning". - Bill Gates

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

Omikami

Omikami

Ruler of the Plane of Heaven

For all of you religious people, if you believe in Bible literally do you honestly believe that everyone originally came from Adam and Eve?
The bible explicitly condemns incest, at least in certain configurations.

The idea is ridiculous. By science we learn that too much incest would lead to deformity and eventually you would have mess up kids.

And another thing I never could understand... WHY do you need to give money to "god" ?

Omikami, you don't need to "give money to God" in the Christian religion I believe. I'm pretty sure it was Catholics who used to pay their church so the Church could talk to God for them. Currently I think it's so the Church which you belong to can try to become more popular by founding missionary trips which they use to convert people while acting nice. I think the missionaries may fund the trip themselves through donations from people (like one of my friends) though. They also use the money to help make the Churches ridiculously large for no apparent reason (make it more attractive to possible converts and those who have already decided to follow their religion?).

BTW, don't make it seem as though religion = Christianity. That isn't true at all.

Omikami

Omikami

So you are telling me that tithing has nothing to do with being a Christian. But in fact Spiritual abusers have frequently used tithing as a method for squeezing God's people dry and people shouldn't get fooled again. Am I right? And you havent answer the other question that I have asked.

Quote by Persocom01Ok, reposting here:

After some research into the facinating phenomenon of Atheism, I have come to an interesting conclusion. Firstly, I have found that one of the main reasons why people choose to be Atheist is the desire to believe only in evidence rather than faith... Thus I conclude that the common Atheist stand of wanting only to believe only in evidence is an ultimately indefensible position. The only logical position for an Atheist to assume is to admit that he does require a certain amount of faith.

This again. Personally I have no religion. Atheism or theism or other wise - simply convenient answers to a often asked question. I think you are going about it the wrong way. It's more to do with gaps and contradictions in religion as opposed to anything else.

Besides, having faith in something does not mean it`s true.

- This Free Life Crisis -

Omikami

Omikami

You are right studio it is mostly that.
Also the fact that you are left with two option.

"Join us. For Those who follow the path of righteousness shall be raised up high (Heaven). If not, may the fire burn you down to the ground and lay you in the dust. (Hell)
All those who seek the path must no be led astray! And those who abandoned the path are evil."

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

it is interesting to see what people do when they dont have anything else to do.

apart from the people who do have such moments to spare ( and i wish i were one of them ) how many others actually read any of these long posts.

if you want to debate, keep to the point, no one has the time to read these 'letters' , it loses the essence of a friendly argument.

be precise, refute each other's points of view, give some strong arguments... instead of just going on with what has been dictated in books of relegion.

Signature

:Shitsuren no shinfon? :

Omikami

Omikami

Quote by Rue-chanit is interesting to see what people do when they dont have anything else to do.

apart from the people who do have such moments to spare ( and i wish i were one of them ) how many others actually read any of these long posts.

if you want to debate, keep to the point, no one has the time to read these 'letters' , it loses the essence of a friendly argument.

be precise, refute each other's points of view, give some strong arguments... instead of just going on with what has been dictated in books of relegion.

Since you posted here I assume that you are one of these people who "don't have anything else to do."
It is suppose to be long since it is a debate. And you can acutally learn something by reading those "long posts". Perhaps you could demostrate you're incredible skills of creating strong argument since your the one who suggested and even maybe give your own opinion or take a stand instead of posting these unconstructive answers.

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

Quote by OmikamiSince you posted here I assume that you are one of these people who "don't have anything else to do."

haha...youre right! :) for the time being... yeah i am free. ( finally)

Quote: If you wrote this you must have missed the point of the whole thread. It is suppose to be long since it is a debate. And you can acutally learn something by reading those "long posts".

gee, im sorry i missed the point.

Quote: But you are right that they should give stronger arguments. Perhaps you could demostrate you're incredible skills of creating strong argument since your the one who suggested and even maybe give your own opinion or take a stand.

nah....i have no such skills. so sorry if offended you. didnt mean to. :D my apologies.

have a nice day! :) and happy MT-ing. :D

Signature

:Shitsuren no shinfon? :

Nucleous

Nucleous

I will be taking you to.....

Personally I'm a Christian so burn me all you want but my believes have been set out very nicely by "rolsonDesign" above.

I know that the Chirstians have always contradicted themselves it is one of the reasons I don't go to church every Sunday only when I'm asked by family or friends I'd go for the sake of keeping them happy.
I believe all they do, I'm just not interested in sitting, listening and talking about things that they always argue about amongst themselves anyway. Reading my Bible saying my prayers is enough for me.

I believe all people were created on earth by God for a purpose may it be small or may it be big, we are here for that purpose.

I also believe the reason evil is in the world is because we as humans have a free will given to us by "God" there are some that choose to be evil and other that choose to do the will of "God" and thus be good.
I'm not saying all people who don't follow "God" is evil I personally know some Atheists who are some of the coolest and good loving people I know and they know of "God" and just decided to ignore it.

I'm not using all the technical jarble everybody has used I'm just typing what ever pops into my head.
I'm not agreeing with anybody on their believe system or lack thereof and some seriously redicule things have come forth but hey I'm not judging.
Aslong as we are all tolerant of each other why worry about it?

P.S. It truly is amazing to see what people think and believe it is truly very intersting!

SMILE, even through your tears!!!!!
Life is not Measured by the number of Breaths we
take, but by the Moments that Take our Breath Away.

Omikami

Omikami

Quote by NucleousPersonally I'm a Christian so burn me all you want but my believes have been set out very nicely by "rolsonDesign" above.

What is "rolsonDesign"?

Quote by NucleousI know that the Chirstians have always contradicted themselves it is one of the reasons I don't go to church every Sunday only when I'm asked by family or friends I'd go for the sake of keeping them happy.

OK, so you know it contradicts itself on many occasion and you still follow it why?

Quote by NucleousI also believe the reason evil is in the world is because we as humans have a free will given to us by "God" there are some that choose to be evil and other that choose to do the will of "God" and thus be good.
I'm not saying all people who don't follow "God" is evil I personally know some Atheists who are some of the coolest and good loving people I know and they know of "God" and just decided to ignore it.

Interestin and yet they are still going to burn in hell. How unfortunate.

Quote by NucleousAslong as we are all tolerant of each other why worry about it?

I'm tolerant. I'm just trying to understand what goes into others people head in order to follow Christianity or any other religion/philosophy.

Quote by NucleousP.S. It truly is amazing to see what people think and believe it is truly very intersting!

I too find it interesting.

If you are a Christian or religious why do you believe an omnipotent being created this universe. Besides the bible saying god is all powerful, what eleminates the possibility of an alien or something creating us accidently?

Quote by Shinsengumi89Don't be so harsh plunkies, even though i agree with you 100%.
I don't think telling him to jump of a cliff will help.

I'm not being harsh, I just thought it was funny. Some people take jokes a bit too seriously on this forum.

Quote by alexjohnc3Omikami, you don't need to "give money to God" in the Christian religion I believe. I'm pretty sure it was Catholics who used to pay their church so the Church could talk to God for them. Currently I think it's so the Church which you belong to can try to become more popular by founding missionary trips which they use to convert people while acting nice.

The vast majority of churches don't send out their own missionaries. It's just a business like any other, only difference is their profits are tax free. When the church asks for cash there's always an underlying message of "the more money you give to us the more god will love you and answer your prayers" or sometimes it's just outright spoken like in those Benny Hinn type scams.

Quote by Rue-chanif you want to debate, keep to the point, no one has the time to read these 'letters' , it loses the essence of a friendly argument.

Unfortunately the shortest posts are usually the most useless. If you can't stand to read anything thought out, lengthy or mildly intelligent then feel free to drop into any number of the threads involving ghosts.

Quote by Omikami

Quote by NucleousI also believe the reason evil is in the world is because we as humans have a free will given to us by "God" there are some that choose to be evil and other that choose to do the will of "God" and thus be good.

Interestin and yet they are still going to burn in hell. How unfortunate.

Sucks for them :(

Quote by studioPersonally I have no religion. Atheism or theism or other wise - simply convenient answers to a often asked question.

Atheism is an "answer"? What does it answer exactly? Theism could answer how we were created I suppose, but I don't know what a lack of a belief in God answers.

Quote by studioBesides, having faith in something does not mean it`s true.

It means you believe it to be true though. Just that your belief doesn't rely on evidence or proof.

Quote by OmikamiSo you are telling me that tithing has nothing to do with being a Christian. But in fact Spiritual abusers have frequently used tithing as a method for squeezing God's people dry and people shouldn't get fooled again. Am I right? And you havent answer the other question that I have asked.

Umm, I don't know if tithing is still practiced by many Christians. I doubt it, but there's probably still some.

Why would I answer your other question? You said, "for all of the religious people", obviously I'm not religious or I would have responded to that part of your post. I'll answer it anyways, maybe God can make humans anyway He wants so He decided to do it that way. Still, what you said is barely an argument.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by OmikamiFor all of you religious people, if you believe in Bible literally do you honestly believe that everyone originally came from Adam and Eve?
The bible explicitly condemns incest, at least in certain configurations.

The idea is ridiculous. By science we learn that too much incest would lead to deformity and eventually you would have mess up kids.

The Bible statement, in Acts 17:26, that "[God] made out of one man every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth" is acknowledged by Bible students to be backed up by the facts. John Peter Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures, a work that considers the arguments of a great number of scholars in an analytical and explanatory discussion of the Bible, says on page 191:

"That the Scriptures neither know nor will know of pre-Adamites . . . nor of various primitive aboriginal races, appears not only from Genesis i. and ii., but also from the consistent presumption and assertion of the entire Holy Writ; for example, Matthew xix.4; Acts xvii.26; 1 Cor. xv.47. . . . The original unity of the human race coincides with the doctrine of the unity of the fall of man in Adam, and the unity of the redemption in Christ. . . . The greatest naturalists have mostly declared themselves against the originality of different human races . . . in regard to the alleged fruitfulness of sexual combinations among the various races, the proof of such fruitfulness is justly pronounced one of the strongest proofs of unity. . . . The autochthonic theory [that living things (in this case humans) were formed or occurred in the places where they were found] [can]not deny the fact that the origin of the various types of men points back to a common home in Asia."

This statement about the unity of the human race (that all are one race, one created kind, not "aboriginal" tribes or nations in the sense that they were separately created or separately originating) coincides with the Bible statements: "Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin," and, "just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive." Yet the Creator has arranged, through the countless genetic combinations, to provide in mankind the most delightful and interesting variations. (Romans 5:12; 1 Corinthians 15:22)

Was God fostering what is now called "incest" by arranging matters so that the first children of Adam would marry one another--brothers marrying sisters? No. For, in Adam's original perfect state his children would have been born in perfection. (Deuteronomy 32:4) There would have been no family weaknesses to be passed on and accentuated by the marriage of near relatives, as is the case today, when the sinful human race has greatly deteriorated and many genetic defects exist. Even after Adam had sinned, his descendants lived as long as 969 years in the days before the Flood. (Genesis 5:27)

Accordingly, it took a long time for genetic defects to become so numerous and so grouped in family lines that it became dangerous to the offspring for close relatives to marry. Even Abraham, some 2,000 years after the creation of Adam, married his half sister. (Genesis 20:12) Not until God gave the Mosaic law (about 500 years later) did He prohibit close family marriage unions among the people of Israel. (Leviticus 18:6-18)

The Bible record does indicate that Cain married one of his sisters (Genesis 4:17; 5:4) and that Abram married his half sister. (Genesis 20:12) But later, in the Law given through Moses, such marriage unions were specifically forbidden. (Leviticus 18:9, 11) They are not permitted among Christians today. Marriage to a close relative results in a more-than-average probability that damaging hereditary factors will be passed on to their offspring...

Why was brother-and-sister marriage not inappropriate at the beginning of mankind's history? God created Adam and Eve perfect and purposed that all humankind descend from them. (Genesis 1:28; 3:20) Obviously some marrying of close relatives, especially within the first few generations, would occur. Even after sin made its appearance, there was relatively little danger of marked deformities in the children during early generations, because the human race was much closer to the perfection that had been enjoyed by Adam and Eve. This is attested to by the longevity of people then. (See Genesis 5:3-8; 25:7.) But about 2,500 years after Adam became a sinner, God prohibited incestuous marriage. This served to safeguard the offspring and it elevated the sexual morality of Jehovah's servants above that of people around them who were then engaging in all manner of depraved practices. (See Leviticus 18:2-18)

Yay, Ingram once again ignoring posts to answer some other random post that he actually has an answer to. You can spew out seven paragraphs for that tiny question but you can't even acknowledge my post?

And why did it take you seven paragraphs to say "sin deteriorates DNA" and if Christ took away our sin then why did he leave our DNA screwed? Why do animals have the same problems? Do the animals sin too? Did the animals get punished along with humans? God just enjoys punishing everyone, doesn't he?

Ephix

Ephix

Chibi Dark Elf

Quote by DarkIngramAccordingly, it took a long time for genetic defects to become so numerous and so grouped in family lines that it became dangerous to the offspring for close relatives to marry. Even Abraham, some 2,000 years after the creation of Adam, married his half sister. (Genesis 20:12) Not until God gave the Mosaic law (about 500 years later) did He prohibit close family marriage unions among the people of Israel. (Leviticus 18:6-18)

So, essentially you are acknowledging the existance of evolution over time? Hmm...

Signature

"Sleep is for the weak. *yawn* DAMNIT!"

Carmen

Carmen

Alaba a Dios

I am a Christian (evangelic, protestant, etc.) My grandgrandmother, my grandparents and my parents are christian (my father is actually a catholic, and he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior too). I preffer the "Reina-Valera 1960" version, since I speak spanish as my first language. All the quotes I put on treads, however, are from the "New Live Version", in english, because I think that is very easy to understand. Most of english versions are too difficult to understand (that really old language, I think).
If you want to read the bible in any version you like, you can find it here:Bible Gateway

I believe basically this:
" If you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved from the punishment of sin."
Romans 10:9

Then, all the other human ideas that cause that much pain in this world are that, human ideas. I don't think they worthy of so much pain, only the faith in Jesus as our Lord prevails, and this:
"For I know that nothing can keep us from the love of God. Death cannot! Life cannot! Angels cannot! Leaders cannot! Any other power cannot! Hard things now or in the future cannot! The world above or the world below cannot! Any other living thing cannot keep us away from the love of God which is ours through Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39
His love for us (even if some of us don't believe in God, He still love us)

Claa

Claa

Girl Strange

First of all, I'm strong atheist (a kind of atheist who can change its opinion). I was baptised catholic, and was raised in a very religious family, so I can say I'm the black sheep... xD So everybody always ask me why did I change my religion.

The reason is: I got descredit. I started to think, when I was 6, that maybe that 'God' which my grandma always venerated was fake. Truth to be told, I always thougth that religion was boring. Very boring. Go to the church to say "Aleluia" (I live in Brazil) is something what's not in my favorite's list. As the years passed, I started to search for more about the religion I was following. The result surprised me in that time.

The number of murders made by the Catholicism ultrapassed millions. And the biggest brutality is that the greater number were womans. A religion dominated by the prejudice, it was what I saw.

Of course I didn't made my decision based in the past. The own Church said they're sorry (even if I don't believe in them that much). But saying the homosexuality's an illness; discording about the use of bole-cellules to create cures of diseases...

They, of course, never looked at the reality.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by rolsonDesignFirst off...I am an evangelical Christian and these are the basics of what I believe.

1. I believe in one God and the Trinity: God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, and God the Son (Jesus Christ)

2. I believe Jesus was born a virgin birth by Mary and was therefore without sin. He had to be, otherwise His death is meaningless. Its this thought that is under so much attack today, because it is one of the main facet of salvation through Christ.

3. I believe that ALL (Christians too!) are born with sin and are in need of Christs redemptive work on the cross.

4. I believe that the only way into heaven is not by being a good person or doing lots of works, but by simply accepting God's gift of salvation through the blood that was shed on the cross by His son.

5. I believe the Bible is the only Word of God.

6. I believe we live in a fallen world, brought on by the work of Satan.

...I believe Christian's today, mostly in America, have caused alot of damage to the name of Christ by simply passing judgement and damnation onto those who don't believe or share our same moral convictions. Understand that Jesus was very clear on what God expects

We are so easily able to dish out damnation on the homosexual community. The reality is I think its really sad that alot of society reject God because their view of Him has been severly tainted by the bad behavior and judgement of "Christians" today. Ultimately judging others is not our job...its God's. He is the one and only perfect Judge.

Instead of winning people to Christ through love and compasion we stand on the street corner and tell people they are going to hell for not believing or repenting. I will state that God is clear in His Word that there are consequences to sin, but that doesn't mean He doesn't still love us. He loves EVERYONE!

The bottom line is this. Everyone wants to feel good about themselves. No one wants to hear that they have sin in their life or that they need a savior.

I think that's why alot of people reject Him, and try to disprove Him. They think "Hey! If I can just believe there is no God then I don't have to deal with sin or I don't have to be accountable for my actions through life.

They don't want to deal with the ugliness in their life...the great thing is they don't have to. Christ can take anything and make it beautiful!

You know, with this post, you just perpetuated the Christian stereotype.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

Ok then I'm Christan-Luthren i belive in the bible the original text from the hebrew and roman versions not this lame king james and so-on. but to tell the truth as i've grown i've actualy becaome kinda my own thing i mean i've kinda broken away from the customs of the church and stuff and i've kinda started my own thing i mean i still go to church and i still pray and stuff but i've kinda stoped listening to the sermons i mean i belive that church and science are supose to go one on one be like that same so i've kinda do thousands of expermiments to prove some of the stuff they talk about in the bible EX. the walls of jerico fell when the ppl screamed. infact sound can cause the walls to fall and the area that this suposible happend the sound of a few thousand people screaming could bounce of the souronding hills and cause great structral and phisical damage. so i've done thousands of studys and helped with experiments that basicaly say GODs real. cause if i can't prove which GOD is real i could atleast prove that one of them is i mean saying it is or isn't is much better than saying that it eather is this, this, or that, or it dosn't exist so proving that GOD is real is actualy a bit more important than proving wich god is

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by rolsonDesign4. I believe that the only way into heaven is not by being a good person or doing lots of works, but by simply accepting God's gift of salvation through the blood that was shed on the cross by His son.

That is good news to hear, I'm sure for all the killers, rapists, etc who are in prison and have accepted Jesus.
Too bad the good people who did good deeds but don't believe in your faith must burn for all eternity.

Quote by rolsonDesignI believe we live in a fallen world, brought on by the work of Satan.

I have no idea how you sleep at night knowing that.

Quote by rolsonDesignI will state that God is clear in His Word that there are consequences to sin, but that doesn't mean He doesn't still love us. He loves EVERYONE!

And yet the unbelivers will burn for all eternity.
No offense but he sounds a bit self centered and egoistic.

Quote by rolsonDesignI think that's why alot of people reject Him, and try to disprove Him. They think "Hey! If I can just believe there is no God then I don't have to deal with sin or I don't have to be accountable for my actions through life.

I don't think your right on this aspect.
Just because you deny the existence of God doesn't mean that you don't hold yourself accountable for ones' action.

Quote by rolsonDesignThey don't want to deal with the ugliness in their life...the great thing is they don't have to. Christ can take anything and make it beautiful!

I'm not one of you and yet I lead a peaceful and undisturbed life (no ugliness so far) and there is nothing material that I desire so there isn't anything to be made beautiful.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by beethovenEX. the walls of jerico fell when the ppl screamed. infact sound can cause the walls to fall and the area that this suposible happend the sound of a few thousand people screaming could bounce of the souronding hills and cause great structral and phisical damage.

Then explain packed football stadiums. The Rose Bowl Stadium currently can hold more than 90000 people. If a few thousand people can knock down the Wall of Jerico then 90000 should be more than enough to blow up a planet like the earth. Or at the very least blow up Pluto which is no longer a "planet."

"If you yelled at the top of your voice for a year and a half you would have produced enough sound energy to heat up one cup of coffee - FALSE - You'd actually need to scream for 8 and a half years to produce enough energy to heat up a cup of coffee."

Taken from http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/Shows/2005.02.06.htm

I think we can pretty much agree that it is pretty darned unlikely that it ever happened.

It MIGHT be plausible if you somehow found the resonanting frequency of the Wall (which is already hard enough) and screamed just right. But getting thousands of people screaming perfectly in tune would be downright impossible.

Also even if the sound waves did bounce off the hills it is highly unlikely that they bounced at the exact frequency that would have provided CONSTRUCTIVE interference thus increasing the power. Most likely the sound waves canceled each other out in DESTRUCTIVE interference.

Not only that, if the sound waves could knock the wall down by bouncing off the hills wouldn't the waves also hit the people who had been screaming thus killing them as well? Wouldn't the powerful sound waves pretty much kill everything within a mile or so?

I apologize and everything because I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I just have to say it.

You have been pwned.

And that's my two yen.

reening

Black Passion

Atheism and Theoism or whatever. You follow what your heart tells you. That's all

When there is a dream, there is a fantasy

FinalFantasyFans

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by PlunkiesYay, Ingram once again ignoring posts to answer some other random post that he actually has an answer to. You can spew out seven paragraphs for that tiny question but you can't even acknowledge my post?

And why did it take you seven paragraphs to say "sin deteriorates DNA" and if Christ took away our sin then why did he leave our DNA screwed? Why do animals have the same problems? Do the animals sin too? Did the animals get punished along with humans? God just enjoys punishing everyone, doesn't he?

Among the post that i've read, its yours that's so interesting! :D
Just imagine blaming God as the One who enjoys punishing people?
How rude! Dont you know that God has his purpose and wants us to live happy?
If you'll discover it, im sure you will really appreciate God and give a two up! XD Do you want to know God's purpose for humans?
And do you wanna know whats the very reason why our DNA left screwed?
And why do animals die eventhough they did'nt commit original sin?

merged: 09-28-2006 ~ 03:56pm

Quote by Yu-huang

Quote by rolsonDesign4. I believe that the only way into heaven is not by being a good person or doing lots of works, but by simply accepting God's gift of salvation through the blood that was shed on the cross by His son.

That is good news to hear, I'm sure for all the killers, rapists, etc who are in prison and have accepted Jesus.
Too bad the good people who did good deeds but don't believe in your faith must burn for all eternity.

Quote by ishimi

That's sounds great rolson and i do appreciate your opinion Yu-Huang. :D
But i've got this questions, Do bad people go to hell if they don't repent? What is Hell by the way? It is a fiery torment that burns wicked ones? What does the word Hell means?
Anyone?

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.