Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pointless death of drunken people... - Minitokyo

Pointless death of drunken people...

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

My main question is...
Should the gorvernment ban the alcoholic drinks or beer?

I have seen numerous amount of articles of people tragically dying or being scarred for life... just because of reckless driving or a inconsiderate person driving while drinking..
alcohol also seem to be the root of evil for certain events.... being drunk you lack your normal conscious of mind and thus do many things that never was right.... thus this also contribute to the increase rate of underage pregnancy, being rape,being abducted and so forth..

Seeing its causes i say alcohol drinks just do more harm then good to the society... so why is it that the gorvernment does persist on the banning of these drinks.... to let others sastisfy a bad day at work which could have ultimately ended with the death of another person?

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

i believe ther should be stricter guidelines on drinking and driving,Cause no matter how you look at people are gonna get booze ine way or another.Besides the government tried that already and created mobster like a; capone.Look into tour history books you'll see the nasty reprocussions of the prohibition.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

People drink for variouse of reasons.

1. They are having fun
2. Havin some problems at home and drinking is one way to get thier mind at ease
3. Doing it because they think its cool
4. They see thier friends drinking
And other reasons.

But you see, people take an advantage of drinking and they dont know thier limit in drinking a certian type of beer. They should have more restirctions because inoccent people lives are ending because of someones carelessness. -.-

Signature Image

They tried this once in the 1930's, and it failed miserably. The alcohol simply went underground and people found other ways to get it. If anything, it increased consumption of alcohol. I drink with friends quite frequently, but it's not often I lose my head to the point I will do something that will endanger my own life or my friends lives, I will almost always pass out or throw up long before getting to this point. Alcohol simply lowers inhibitions, lowering the guards people normally have up and (usually) makes them act more like they really would without social pressures. As mentioned above, people need to learn their own limits when drinking, and stop drinking before they hit or go over them.

Anyway, even if prohibition is brought into effect, it's not terribly difficult to make your own alcohol which is probably what will start happening. The dangers involved with this are numberous, and we will probably see a huge rise in alcohol poisoning deaths from people experimenting with their moonshine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition#Prohibition_in_the_United_States

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

It comes down to responsibility and the distinct refusal of far too many people to take responsibility for their own actions. People blame inanimate things far too much. Its just an excuse to weasel out of taking responsibility for their own actions. I know. I've done stupiod stuff while drunk and ended up having to apologize for it later but it wasn't the alcohols fault it was my fault for getting drunk in the first place.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

First off, I don't really drink beer/alcohol. ^^

But, banning them entirely seemed overkilled on this matter. Beer or rather rum they call it in the olden days, are a source of life-saving measure in Low Climate Countries.

It's totally depended on the how the Goverment controls the rate of alcoholic drinks and how reliant the people are dependent on it. Of course, i don't mean to say that all alcholics are bad or paranoid and actually worshipped an Alcholic Deity or what, what i meant was, it's all about self-will (will-power) and responsibilites....*Looks up at Mnemeth* my apologies... you covered that already! ^^

Quote by MnemethIt comes down to responsibility and the distinct refusal of far too many people to take responsibility for their own actions. People blame inanimate things far too much. Its just an excuse to weasel out of taking responsibility for their own actions.

In the larger picture,alcoholic drinks are rEAl harmful if the consumer does'nt know he had a drop too much. ( Too much of alcohol thingie aint a good thing at all.)

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

Gallopia

Gallopia

__DaRK_ HImE__

Well some ppl nid beer to control themselves from sadness n etc....
But mojoirity are drinking it for fun >.<

Signature

Gallopia copy rights! DaRK HiME has return....

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

go ahead, prohibit it, see what happens... you gotta keep the population under control by at least having some controlled substance to stimulate their mind... whether it's a good thing or bad, people need this kind of stimulus... when they drive on it, it's fucked up, but the laws are getting stricter these days...

NO DEATH IS POINTLESS, EVERYONE THAT DIED HAD SOME REASON... Obviously, people that drink and drive dont realize the deep meaning of losing someone close to them to someone else driving... that's what society calls ironic...

bleh, i need some sleep.

-repeat-

The government won't ban it now because of its effect on the economy. The government will no longer take in taxes from alcohol and the number of jobs that would be lost would make a significant impact in the economy. Another reason that numerous people have already mentioned is the fact that they will find some other way to get alcohol.

I agree that stricter laws should be passed to prevent people from drinking and driving and doing something else really dumb that could cause harm to themselves or others. An example is Susan West. She has a record that spans more than 20 years of drunk driving.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003087082_webwest26.html

SHOULD they - Yes
WILL they - No

Alcohol kills more people than cocain and heroin combined, is largely addictive, and alters the mind just as much as many other illigal drugs... but the reason it is NOT illigalized is because the government is making too much money off of it. It is an item that they can hevily tax and can control how they want in the process.

Also drunk drivers aren't usually the ones who die. It is proven that if you are drunk or sleeping and get into a crash you are more than 20x more likely to live and 10x more likely to have very little physical damage. That is because your body isn't reacting to the trauma. You don't tense up and grab on to things, you just lay there limp and do whatever gravity decides you should.

Didn't the government try to ban this a long time ago already? It didn't work out too well. Y'all need to pay attention during history classes.

Too much of anything is bad, not just alcohol.

Be Free and Masturbate

The black market that results from the prohibition of a product is more dangerous than the product itself.

When alcohol was illegal, the rate of crime skyrocketed. Not only crimes like smuggling, but murders and the like as well. The same thing happens for markets for illegal drugs - weed, cocaine, etc. - hurting more people in the actual smuggling process and drug wars than the actual drug itself.

The reason why alcohol is legal is because people use double standards. I've been drunk once, and I have also tried a number of illegal drugs. Honestly, the results of them are very similiar.

Those who commit a crime while drunk or under the influence should be tried as if they were completely sober. Being wasted is no excuse.

Most people that drink and drive are not alcoholics though. Think about it, they would probably lose their job because they show up drunk or with a hangover and can't do their work. Then they sell off everything to buy more until they have nothing.

What would be a good solution to the problem if merely outlawing it isn't going to work? Even tougher laws will not prevent people from drinking and driving.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by Hiraku-SanMy main question is...
Should the gorvernment ban the alcoholic drinks or beer?

I have seen numerous amount of articles of people tragically dying or being scarred for life... just because of reckless driving or a inconsiderate person driving while drinking..
alcohol also seem to be the root of evil for certain events.... being drunk you lack your normal conscious of mind and thus do many things that never was right.... thus this also contribute to the increase rate of underage pregnancy, being rape,being abducted and so forth..

Seeing its causes i say alcohol drinks just do more harm then good to the society... so why is it that the gorvernment does persist on the banning of these drinks.... to let others sastisfy a bad day at work which could have ultimately ended with the death of another person?

They tried that. It was called the Prohibition Era.

It failed.

Miserably.

But hey, someone in Minitokyo believes there are too many wars against stuff.....drunk driving was one of them. They also believe there shouldn't be any form of control for it........

Quote by kmbailey0005I think America is brainwashed into thinking they can solve anything with war. War against drunk driving, war against drugs, war against terrorism...come on now. Does everything have to be a frickin war?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

agrees with freakmonkeyjr,
i doubt that the government (present day)would ban alcohol because of the economic factors. well... smoking is or what the doctors or health people said is totally harmful to the people's health, but there don't seem to be any government banning cigarettes right? due to economic reasons right?

hahaz.. i don't know anything about the probation era... cause i'm not a history student.. so is economic reasons one of the factors that cause it to fail?

and the wars thing... i think its more of a english language problem...

there should be a stricker law against drunk driving. Someone at my church actually died because some idiot drunk driver hit her car.

sennoskinner12

sennoskinner12

Silent Otome

We don't need to ban alcohol of our lives. We need to learn to drink moderately.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

in the end it is suppose to be the person's own drinking to control, for the most part, sometimes it's the bar's fault to either not screening the person properly, not caring, or actually trying to kill the drinker by allowing them to induce alcohol poisoning...it shouldn't be banned, but I think that bars should be finned more for their "bad deeds" to when it comes to public drinking, the private drinkers, can't really be monitored, whereas in most cases drunk driving is done by public drinking not drinking at the house

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Don't bump old threads over four weeks old. Closed.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.