Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mum abandons child for schoolboy lover - Minitokyo

Mum abandons child for schoolboy lover

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

This is so not right with me.

Mum abandons child for schoolboy lover

A 30-year-old Californian woman has left her toddler behind in the US to move into a Perth love nest with a 16-year-old schoolboy she met on the internet.

High school student, James, and US mum, Karen, met on the internet and fell in love during five months of chatting each other up via webcam.
Their relationship blossomed so well that several weeks ago Karen left her three-year-old daughter with the child's father in California to come to Perth to meet her teenage beau.

She is now living with her young lover, who has moved out of his mum's house to cohabit with the American woman, who drives him to school.

The pair have told Seven Network's Today Tonight program they would spend up to eight hours a day chatting on the internet, singing karaoke songs to each other and watching each other fall asleep on their respective webcams.

Karen says she loves everything about James, who was a virgin until he initiated their sexual relationship.

"He said something to me one time and I said `leave me alone jail bait' and he said `I'm not jail bait, I'm legal'," she said.

"I forget about our ages when we're together."

James said it was better to lose his virginity to someone he loved rather than drunk at a party.

He also said the story of their love affair was not new.

"There's been countless cases like this in time and people just never understood," he said.

"We just clicked as two people and I really love her now, I'm grateful for what we have."

James said the couple had talked about marriage and he thinks it would be really cool to have the ceremony in a helicopter.

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

yes this is not right....
i feel sad for her daughter... gosh only 3 years old.. i have seen mothers abandoning their children.. geez children have a major problem erasing people in their life and they would go on asking where is mum.... and when she was gone for a long time they would start asking "can i go see mum" or "why didnt mum take me along?".... and then one day would have no choice and tell them the hard truth...your mum left you... and how ever annoying their weeping and denial that their mum did not leave them... you cant help but feel that sorrow and sympathy for the kid..

geez and reading more... i cant help but feel this James guy is after the money... too poetic and romantic to believe that this guy is telling the whole truth about himself... a virgin ne...

i cant but notice that children nowadays are neglected alot.. and there goes to show the behaviour of teenagers nowadays... but then again... the age of parents with their first child nowadays... has an average 23 a big drop from 28 in 1995...

God help us..

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

this is really not right... but on the other hand it may be a good thing that the mother left... if the mother is capable of doing such a thing... i think its better for the child to grow up in a single parent family than to grow up with such a mother... god knows what would happen to the child under the care of her mother...

entity1660

entity1660

Don't Forget Me

Ewww....that's all I gotta say.

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Oh my god. - By me
Oh my god! - By my little brother

Seriously, why abandon your child? That is seriously wrong. *Sigh* Funny how people can do this.

I say if she left her kid behind then it's a good thing she did it when the child was younger than waiting another couple years. Any parent who would do that over soemthing so small probubly wasn't a fit parent to begin with...

Krawczyk

Wzwejtes

Quote by xiaodickthis is really not right... but on the other hand it may be a good thing that the mother left... if the mother is capable of doing such a thing... i think its better for the child to grow up in a single parent family than to grow up with such a mother... god knows what would happen to the child under the care of her mother...

Hmm...I was going to yell at the mother for leaving, but that's an interesting take! Yes, if she COULD do something like this in the first place then I agree, it's better for all she left anyway. ;)

A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.

What can I say? It is horrible for someone to just abandon their kid. Well, at least the poor kid had a father to take care of her. Then again, she probably would have been an unfit mother anyway.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I only to five words to say, "That is sick and wrong!"....

Signature Image

Mischa

Leader of the Toothbrush Patrol

That is so strange...and to think it's only so far as Perth! You hear rumours and stories about weird things like this happening in other countries but I didn't think Seven would do a story on it...

"People start their lives at last when they are able to live for something other than themselves" - Hotaru

Wow, thats the most messed up thing ive read all day. That woman needs a life, Or some1 needs to slap her across the face.

zezlemet

zezlemet

Lv.20 Protector

That is 5 types of twisted and 10 types of wrong but like xiaodick wrote It my be the best for the girl

Signature
"If the worlds a stage and were all players...I want a rewrite!!!"

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

my reaction: what. the. f***. that ain't right.
friend's reaction: woah wtf. his girlfriend drives him to school. seriously wtf >>

That's just sick. It's wrong, it's sick, it's f***ed up, it's wrong in every single kind of way possible. The only good thing going for it is that union between a male and a female, but even then it's wrong because the woman could've been divorced -- the article obviously failed to mention if she was divorced or still married -- and most churches won't marry a couple if one or both have been divorced.

Quote by xiaodickthis is really not right... but on the other hand it may be a good thing that the mother left... if the mother is capable of doing such a thing... i think its better for the child to grow up in a single parent family than to grow up with such a mother... god knows what would happen to the child under the care of her mother...

I'm in total agreement. It would probably be better for the little girl if her mother were out of the picture. I would berate the mother for leaving, but what I'd really like to scream at her for is even talking to this boy in the first place.

Quote by Hiraku-Sanyes this is not right....
i feel sad for her daughter... gosh only 3 years old ..... you cant help but feel that sorrow and sympathy for the kid..

And considering that at the age of three, kids are really attached to a certain parent, and if said parent leaves it's a huge emotional blow to them. Whether or not they remember said parent later on in life doesn't matter, they will always feel some resentment toward that parent for leaving them.

Quote by Hiraku-Sangeez and reading more... i cant help but feel this James guy is after the money... too poetic and romantic to believe that this guy is telling the whole truth about himself... a virgin ne...

I'd like to beat the crap out of this kid. He's an ass, that's for sure. A virgin? Yeah right. What 16-year-old guy is a virgin? None that I know of. I'll bet anything he did this just so he could impress some guys at school.

I highly doubt this relationship will last very long. The age gap will come between them in the end, and he'll want someone younger after a while.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

No one has said anything about the age of the mother. It is common for teenagers to get pregnant now, I have had a friend when I was a teenager and two nieces later that all became preganant at 15. Now a 19 year old mother might be self centered enough to date a 17 or 18 year old boy who is still in school and leave the child with the father. Having a child does not make a person have a sense of responsibility. They may "love" the child but they do not sacrifice their wants for the child's needs. I am sure if you asked this mom if she loved her child she would say that she did. As far as the guy could not have been a virgin comment, they are out there, whether you choose to belive it or not.

merged: 08-16-2006 ~ 01:43pm
Ok, I saw the age now at the top. She must be mentaly ill.

Whatever floats your boat...I think the mother was looking out for her child when she left her behind. Do you think they could support her?

so she abandons her child for her own selfish desires? a mother is suppose make sacrifices to make their child grow happy and strong. she doesn't even deserve to be called a mother. and those 2 doesn't feel guilty at all.

I'll be the one to shoot down that copter of theirs. A 30 year old and a 16 year old...Reminds me of something similar years ago except it didn't include a child.

I find this very sad for the child ( three years old ) Sounds like the mother was thinking only of herself (sexually peaking) Sounds like she wanted to live the life of a "cougar", bagged herself a "catch". When this child grows older, starts asking questions about her mother, why did her mother leave her. What does that tell a child. That she is not loved by her mother. Think of the tauntings she will endure from her fellow school chums. Personally, no one knows when a adult who have children will one day decide to self implode, leaves her child for some emotionally and finacially inmature 16 year old kid.
One has to understand how this 30 year old woman behaves the way she did. One has to go back in time to see/understand this woman's behavior when she lived with her family. Was she abused by a family member when she lived at home. For the 16 year old, this may seem like the apex of his life (This may be seen as a big score by some of his friends)
I can only imagine the damage do to both families. I can imagine the first question "WTF !"
I agree with the other folk's response to this topic. It's better for this mother to abandon her child to family members rather than killing her child/ children like so many other mothers and ( yes, fathers ! ) I admit, it makes me sad because this woman has lost all custody rights to her daughter and any other rights as a parent.
Now the next BIG question I will ask is "When's the wedding date and when' s the LUV child due ?"

Man do moms these days have nothing better to do to go online and chat with random playboys?
And true love my @$$

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Quote by eXDream2K5What 16-year-old guy is a virgin? None that I know of.

What a blatantly ridiculous statement. Not only is that absurdly over-generalizing, do you actually think that every 16-year old that says he had sex really has? The second part of your statement clears this up though:

Quote by eXDream2K5I'll bet anything he did this just so he could impress some guys at school.

As for the mother, I'm in agreement with those that believe this is probably going to turn out to be better fot the child in the long run, as long as her mother doesn't try to shove back in to her life after this relationship falls apart (if it wasn't against my religion to gamble, I'd bet this "love" affair won't last the rest of the year). It's terrible that the child had such a selfish, immature mother, but it's more than likely better that she's out of her life now before she could ruin her daughter's life directly.

When the guy stated that "There's been countless cases like this in time and people just never understood," well, DUH. The majority of the times this happens the couples wreck their families and then don't even end up staying together. They would rather sleep around than act like responsible adults. Here's a thought: if they really love each other so much, why did they sleep together before they got married? Are they worried they won't love each that long to wait? Are the youthful passions over-riding clear thought? Or are they just stupid? I think you might be able to tell which answer I'm leaning towards.

Let's get one thing straight, people- There's a difference between love and lust.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

A sad story, indeed... and I agree with Raindrop on this...

... love and lust... blah blah blah...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it's sad and beyond all means the thing that makes people "hate" the net or think only "bad things" come from the net...but look at it this way, the kid is the innocent one, the young lil kid, maybe, just maybe, it will grow up with a better family than what her real mother was actually to her

BuBbLeS!

Signature

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

well as everyone know, you've got people for everything.
if they truly love each other then i'd say go for it. but atleast take the 3 year old child with you.

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't know if they are an unfit mother, I have an inlaw with such a title befitting, then the birth mother doesn't deserve the child and the child could possibly be with a better group of people, or worse, who really knows now

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.