Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 9/11 Who else thinks we should move on? - Minitokyo

9/11 Who else thinks we should move on?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Hey!
My family and I all think that america should get over 9/11. I KNOW it was a terrible trajedy but crying about it for years and years really isn't going to bring them back. What do you guys think?

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I agree, we should just move on. I mean, sure it is very sad and I was tearn that the tragety ocured. But all we are going to remember about 9/11 is that horrible day when peole died. That is the ONLY thing that were going to remember 9/11. We just instead remember on how those people work there, wat did they do, and why did they chose to work in one of the twin towers. We should also remeber insteard of the deaths of many, but wat did they accomblished.

Thats why I can stand that they made the movie on 9/11! I'm never going to see that cause it just brings bak bad memories.

Signature Image

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

If you forget the past, then the past is doomed to repeat itself in the future. However, leaving what happened in the past isn't exactly forgetting it, so yes, we should move on to other world issues. (no trouble finding anything in that area)

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

I think United States of America must change their minds. To protect their people, there's no need to attack other countries. Be peaceful. Be fair. Leave greed behind. 9/11 won't happen again. I pray for you, USA people. I'm not the only one.
There's a sign on Kwai River Bridge saying 'forgive but not forget'. Understood? Nothing against a 9/11 movie.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

You're clueless, leonardo, aren't you? Just last week the British disrupted a terrorist plot to blow up a bunch of commercial planes heading into the US. Back in July, they were numerous bombings inside England. The US DOD has busted numerous plots within the US itself.

There only reason why there won't be another 9/11 is because there's no WTC to crash into.

But the terrorist plots and attacks have only multiplied. The only way America can protect its people is by attacking those responsible for 9/11 and those who are still plotting against us today. Nothing we can do will change their minds and no course of action will ever satisfy Al Qaida and the radical-Islamic hatred of us. It's rooted far deeper than what you think.

And I pray for YOU, and your country, that you never have to deal with any of this. It's easy for you to sit back and ramble off comments about what America should and shouldn't do, but if Brazil was facing the same situation, you'd see a similar course of action, and you'd know where I'm coming from.

-----

Super: I think there's still too much sensitivity over 9/11. It's taboo to make a joke about it, or dare bring it up. After 5 years, I think we have to move on to an extent. BUT, there is still a war going on against the people responsible for it and there's a danger of more attacks against us. We can't put it out of our minds just yet.

but if we attack THEM like they did us then that won't solve anything, two wrongs don't make a right....

there are also a chance of all the new busted plot are being made up to stop people from talking about the US being behind 9/11

Quote by SupermilkchanChiibut if we attack THEM like they did us then that won't solve anything, two wrongs don't make a right....

We didn't attack them like they did us-- we didn't hijack planes and crash them into buildings. We initially bombed them, then sent our troops in to get rid of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and now we are following through with the latter while hosting a manhunt for bin Laden and Al-Qaida.

If you have a better plan, I encourage you to join the military or run for office.

After all, I'm sure you know what to do better than a bunch of experts who have decades upon decades of experience racked up.

Don't be naive.

merged: 08-17-2006 ~ 09:03am

Quote by a123321there are also a chance of all the new busted plot are being made up to stop people from talking about the US being behind 9/11

So, a123321, I guess Canada also made up its latest terrorist bust?

Quote by Arinami

Quote by SupermilkchanChiibut if we attack THEM like they did us then that won't solve anything, two wrongs don't make a right....

We didn't attack them like they did us-- we didn't hijack planes and crash them into buildings. We initially bombed them, then sent our troops in to get rid of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and now we are following through with the latter while hosting a manhunt for bin Laden and Al-Qaida.

If you have a better plan, I encourage you to join the military or run for office.

After all, I'm sure you know what to do better than a bunch of experts who have decades upon decades of experience racked up.

Don't be naive.

merged: 08-17-2006 ~ 09:03am

Quote by a123321there are also a chance of all the new busted plot are being made up to stop people from talking about the US being behind 9/11

So, a123321, I guess Canada also made up its latest terrorist bust?

Our president is dumb though( sorry bush followers)
Staying in Iraq is not solving anything, I don't think it is anyways.
Sorry but I don't think they're gonna do anything else I mean all we're doing is killing more and more innocent people. I'm sure YOU wouldn't like it if we were gettin killed for OUR leaders stupid mistakes

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

The US troops should be in Afganistan! Not damn Iraq! Bush is realy a bad leader! I'm glad his time is up. Because of him, we are losing more troops than we should.

Signature Image

No, Arinami. I read the news in United Kingdom. The fact they stopped one more terrorist plan is a real victory. I apologize. 'I pray for you, USA people. I'm not the only one.' In fact, all my family pray for USA people, because we've relatives who were in Second World War, so we don't want to see other people in same situation; part of my family lives in USA, and we're equally concerned about our relatives; and we really like USA the same way we like Brazil.
Thanks for praying for Brazil, Arinami. We need. Organized crime is almost taking over Brazil. One people per hour is shot dead in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. There's even more... Our government is corrupt to the point our president confessed to be corrupt in television and he said 'it's common.' Common? Our president tells the world Brazil is very well, thanks. We're almost in war. A different kind of war. You're right. I'm easily seated here in Brazil and I cannot judge USA people. I'm sorry, Arinami.
I think if someone wants to make a movie about 9/11, do it serious and with respect. A lot of people died, Brazilians included, and I think the minds behind the plan must be arrested and judged in a trial like Nuremberg. All of them. I want to know your opinion, Arinami.

zeroenna57

zeroenna57

The Ultimate Eye/ Jew

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

There is no 9/11 conspiracy why the hell would an already Unpopular Administration want to screw itself over entirely? Stop listening to things that absolutely make no sense and learn to think for yourself clearly. Even Bush isnt that stupid.

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Signature

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by Shadowdawn If you forget the past, then the past is doomed to repeat itself in the future. However, leaving what happened in the past isn't exactly forgetting it, so yes, we should move on to other world issues. (no trouble finding anything in that area)

Pretty much my sentiments too.

But the enemy who perpetrated this is still out there. ...Still trying to kill unarmed civilians. ...Or did the narrow escape from the liquid explosives already become a distant memory to us all?

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Do not forget the past otherwise it shall repeat itself. But i also think we should move on, yes the Trade Center Tradgedy was horrible, but it dosen't mean it's okay to go around invading countries that have nothing to do with it( Cough cough Iraq), i mean Saudi Arabia had more to do with the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks then Iraq ever did.

Violence begets violence. And Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Shinsengumi89

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

I agree that America should move on, without forgetting about this tragedy. I understand that it is painful for people to remember this event, especially who were involved or have family members that were involved but the loss of life is relatively small. 2,500 out of how many of millions of people in America.

Quote by SupermilkchanChii

Our president is dumb though( sorry bush followers)
Staying in Iraq is not solving anything, I don't think it is anyways.
Sorry but I don't think they're gonna do anything else I mean all we're doing is killing more and more innocent people. I'm sure YOU wouldn't like it if we were gettin killed for OUR leaders stupid mistakes

I don't see most people here as being more intelligent than Bush.

We're not "killing" more and more innocent people. Most are dying because of the insurgency. That problem will not eliminate itself if we withdraw.

MY people are getting killed-- I am in the military.

merged: 08-18-2006 ~ 06:24am

Quote by leonardobarbaNo, Arinami. I read the news in United Kingdom. The fact they stopped one more terrorist plan is a real victory. I apologize. 'I pray for you, USA people. I'm not the only one.' In fact, all my family pray for USA people, because we've relatives who were in Second World War, so we don't want to see other people in same situation; part of my family lives in USA, and we're equally concerned about our relatives; and we really like USA the same way we like Brazil.
Thanks for praying for Brazil, Arinami. We need. Organized crime is almost taking over Brazil. One people per hour is shot dead in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. There's even more... Our government is corrupt to the point our president confessed to be corrupt in television and he said 'it's common.' Common? Our president tells the world Brazil is very well, thanks. We're almost in war. A different kind of war. You're right. I'm easily seated here in Brazil and I cannot judge USA people. I'm sorry, Arinami.
I think if someone wants to make a movie about 9/11, do it serious and with respect. A lot of people died, Brazilians included, and I think the minds behind the plan must be arrested and judged in a trial like Nuremberg. All of them. I want to know your opinion, Arinami.

I think the latest 9/11 film was tactfully done. I don't see it as exploiting the tragedy, just drawing on the heroics of two people involved with the rescue operation. But I do think all of the proceeds should go to some of the numerous 9/11 funds out there, especially for the children who lost one or more of their parents.

The thing about Nuremburg is that it was an international effort. The world convened to try those responsible for the war. But WWII is much different than the war on terror; back then we had country against country, and that was, in my book, an easier war to fight. This time, we have splinter cells and organizations across the globe to fight, and it's impossible to track them all down. If we could catch every single member of the militant groups out there and try them, it'd be terrific, but logically, that's impossible.

Best of luck with Brazil. Stay safe.

Krawczyk

Wzwejtes

wooo, great reference Zeroenna! Hey, you all know his book is out now right?
I'm glad the movie isn't as braindead as say United 93, if what everyone is saying about it is true. I got no interest in the matter, I didn't even lose a cent that day, but I like it when the few times every year Hollywood stops being patronising happens to be a big movie as well. Makes me feel hope is not lost for the movie industry...Then I see Soul Plane 2 is coming and lose it again. OX

A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.

The Second World War wasn't an easier war. There's no 'easier war', Arinami. As a military, you must know. I'm a civillian, but one of my hobbies is History, among Science and technology. You're reducing the D-Day and the Pacific War. I agree Terrorism is much different of war. But today USA has much more military technology. Tell me, the added technology doesn't reduce the terrorists' advantages? Of course there's no crystal ball to see what Osama Bin Laden and his men are planning, but there's Intelligence. It's behind the recent discovery of terrorists' plans in United Kingdom. It reduces the need of 'cannon fodders'. Do you understand the actual military model doesn't work against Terrorism? The military need to create a new model, smarter, to neutralize Terrorism. USA already has the military technology. USA needs to apply it the proper way.
Why the war against Terrorism isn't an international effort? There's USA, UK, France, Germany... and there's more countries to come. Brazil can be the next target, isn't it? I'm sure it isn't impossible to track all terrorists around the world. 'Impossible' is a strong word used to define the lack of possibility because of a wrong model. Change the model. The impossible turns difficult, and then possible. The same laws to judge War Crimes apply to Terrorism. Arinami, I remain 'easily' seated here in Brazil (laughs), doing my part to make Brazil a better country: Election will be in October. Time to change the government. To put an honest president in Brasilia. Think, Arinami. Who knows if you're to create this new military model I said?
Best wishes, Arinami. Stay safe too. I want to read more from you.

But we ARE killing innocent people. I see the videos in Iraq and I see our troops all over the town and stuff. and I'm not saying it's the militarys fault either, I'm saying it's our presidents fault cuz the military is gettin killed too and thats killing innocent people too you know? Heh I'll stop writing after this comment...

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

9/11. well it was terrible, so many lives lost. but. was that the reason why america was so shocked? or could it be that the "american pride" was hurt with this? why is everything about world trade center, if the pentagon and some other place i don't remember were hit too? and why did people cry more for what happened on 9/11 than for the last Tsunami? move on, america. people die everyday, and many people all over the world die in things like this. it was ok for a while, but now it's time to go on.

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

I agree with Arinami. The insurgency is killing more and more people. The point of the terrorist attacks on 9/11 was to show that America is vulnerable no matter how powerful it is. If we leave Iraq, it will just show that the terrorists were right on 9/11 and the insurgency will still continue in Iraq whether the United States is there or not.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by leonardobarbaThe Second World War wasn't an easier war. There's no 'easier war', Arinami. As a military, you must know. I'm a civilian, but one of my hobbies is History, among Science and technology. You're reducing the D-Day and the Pacific War. I agree Terrorism is much different of war. But today USA has much more military technology. Tell me, the added technology doesn't reduce the terrorists' advantages? Of course there's no crystal ball to see what Osama Bin Laden and his men are planning, but there's Intelligence. It's behind the recent discovery of terrorists' plans in United Kingdom. It reduces the need of 'cannon fodders'. Do you understand the actual military model doesn't work against Terrorism? The military need to create a new model, smarter, to neutralize Terrorism. USA already has the military technology. USA needs to apply it the proper way.
Why the war against Terrorism isn't an international effort? There's USA, UK, France, Germany... and there's more countries to come. Brazil can be the next target, isn't it? I'm sure it isn't impossible to track all terrorists around the world. 'Impossible' is a strong word used to define the lack of possibility because of a wrong model. Change the model. The impossible turns difficult, and then possible. The same laws to judge War Crimes apply to Terrorism. Arinami, I remain 'easily' seated here in Brazil (laughs), doing my part to make Brazil a better country: Election will be in October. Time to change the government. To put an honest president in Brasilia. Think, Arinami. Who knows if you're to create this new military model I said?
Best wishes, Arinami. Stay safe too. I want to read more from you.

You are right. No war is an "easy" war. But regardless how far any countries' technology is advanced, there is always a "low tech" way to undermine it. Terrorist exploit this to the letter. What Arinami meant by an "easy" war was the fact that there is a "known" enemy, with their own set of objectives. Here we are fighting a terrorist organization; no real command structure, no banner to stand for, no country to fight for. All there is for them is an ideal. And as you can see, every time you kill one, another takes his place. So, there are no advances in technology that can eliminate terrorism. They went from knives and flying bombs to plastic explosives in shoes to - liquid explosives! I am still trying to figure out how they were capable of synthesizing and develop a detonator for a liquid explosive! All I know of is gasoline in a bottle! And look at the size of the bottles.....they had to be at least 2 liters of smaller....you have to have more than 5 on one plane to successfully bring down one airliner. So there had to be more than one person per plane. The terrorist planned for 10 planes and the British Government captured 21 people...... there had to be more involved.

Terrorism feeds off of poverty: If you take 20 poor and disadvantage personnel, give them a place to sleep, food and money, and constantly remind them that the only reason they are in this position is because their government or another government place them in that position, and they could change this by blowing up something, they would. Al Qaeda uses religion (Islam) as a tool to wage war against the western culture. Doesn't matter who they are. This is apparent in Spain, the UK, Japan, the US, and Great Britain. There are also forms of terrorism in the Phillipines, Southeast Asia and in South America, and they too are seeking that financial backing like Osama has to fund their war against their government. Most countries don't have these problems because they aren't actually in a position to influence the world like the major countries can. Venasuala(sp), Iran, and N. Korea have found ways to influence how the world.....just so happens that all they had to do is pluck one of the US nerves.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Quote by Haohmaru779/11. well it was terrible, so many lives lost. but. was that the reason why america was so shocked? or could it be that the "american pride" was hurt with this? why is everything about world trade center, if the pentagon and some other place i don't remember were hit too? and why did people cry more for what happened on 9/11 than for the last Tsunami? move on, america. people die everyday, and many people all over the world die in things like this. it was ok for a while, but now it's time to go on.

I completely agree!

Quote by LigerZSchnider
You are right. No war is an "easy" war. But regardless how far any countries' technology is advanced, there is always a "low tech" way to undermine it. Terrorist exploit this to the letter. What Arinami meant by an "easy" war was the fact that there is a "known" enemy, with their own set of objectives. Here we are fighting a terrorist organization; no real command structure, no banner to stand for, no country to fight for. All there is for them is an ideal. And as you can see, every time you kill one, another takes his place.

Yep, that's what I meant. Thank you.

Leonardo:

I really don't believe there is an international effort against terrorism. The biggest dogs in this fight are the US and the UK-- most of Europe looks the other way when faced with terrorism. Look at Spain, who was attacked; what was their response? They didn't have one. France is more worried about quelling its domestic problems and Germany and Italy say nothing about it. It's a non-issue for them.

Truthfully, Europe has its head so far up its ass that it can't see the light of day anymore. Its countries have not contributed to the international effort in the least bit. They are not outspoken about terrorism, they don't make an attempt to stop terrorism, and throwing in a handful of soldiers and calling that "support" does not mean crap. That's pathetic of them, and extremely arrogant.

Include most of South America, and most of Asia-- almost the entire world in that, too.

Maybe it's because none of these countries have been affected by terrorism yet, and that's to blame for their blatant blind eye towards such a serious problem.

But it's only a matter of time before these countries are attacked with the severity of what the US felt back on 9/11 and the UK felt back in '05.

Until then, they're safe in their own little bubble, and that's all that matters.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.