Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 9/11 Who else thinks we should move on? - Minitokyo

9/11 Who else thinks we should move on?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by Arinami

Quote by LigerZSchnider
You are right. No war is an "easy" war. But regardless how far any countries' technology is advanced, there is always a "low tech" way to undermine it. Terrorist exploit this to the letter. What Arinami meant by an "easy" war was the fact that there is a "known" enemy, with their own set of objectives. Here we are fighting a terrorist organization; no real command structure, no banner to stand for, no country to fight for. All there is for them is an ideal. And as you can see, every time you kill one, another takes his place.

Yep, that's what I meant. Thank you.

Leonardo:

I really don't believe there is an international effort against terrorism. The biggest dogs in this fight are the US and the UK-- most of Europe looks the other way when faced with terrorism. Look at Spain, who was attacked; what was their response? They didn't have one. France is more worried about quelling its domestic problems and Germany and Italy say nothing about it. It's a non-issue for them.

Truthfully, Europe has its head so far up its ass that it can't see the light of day anymore. Its countries have not contributed to the international effort in the least bit. They are not outspoken about terrorism, they don't make an attempt to stop terrorism, and throwing in a handful of soldiers and calling that "support" does not mean crap. That's pathetic of them, and extremely arrogant.

Include most of South America, and most of Asia-- almost the entire world in that, too.

Maybe it's because none of these countries have been affected by terrorism yet, and that's to blame for their blatant blind eye towards such a serious problem.

But it's only a matter of time before these countries are attacked with the severity of what the US felt back on 9/11 and the UK felt back in '05.

Until then, they're safe in their own little bubble, and that's all that matters.

You nailed it right on the head! As long as it doesn't affect them, or happen to them, they don't feel that terrorism isn't a big deal. Terrorism was just the third page news in the international section in the United States 1 year before 9/11......in fact it was like that one day prior. However, in places in the Middle East like Lebanon, terrorism was commonplace......almost like the way of life there. Then you have countries that believe in the pacification of man........they rather rehabliitate, release, or harbor dangerous indivisuals that can threaten even the ones who are trying to change them. Britian was on the forefront of this idealology until the term "homegrown terrorists" entered their vocabulary.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

I must agree with you when you say Terrorism is worst when near or in our country. I say sometimes 'we learn to swim when water hits our asses.' Terrorism can come to Brazil, and I think our reaction would be near or the same as USA people. About the wrong military model, History will prove my theory. It already happens.
Good to read from you, men.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

leonardo
I do agree with you about the different "military model". It draws on what I said before, about this being a different type of war. The US military has already drawn on a new model-- hence some of the specialized troops (intelligence agents and special forces) over in Afghanistan.

But remember that while we have military technology, so does Al Qaida. The plot in Britain was to ignite explosives using i-Pods and cellphones. It's amazing that they can do that with simple technology, and it shows that they have a lot of masterminds working behind them. Not to mention they have billions of dollars funneling in to support them. I think it's a lot easier for them to do their job than it is for us to do ours.

Also, when you say "good to read from you, men"... I'm a female ^_^;

----

Liger: I love how Britain is less concerned about privacy and more concerned about safety. I can't vouch much for the US on that. Our wiretapping program has caused problems all across the nation, and if (more like "when") we detain people without officially charging them, the ACLU is right there to tear into us.

Because, you know, terrorists have rights too.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

True.....however sad and moronic, but true.

WynterMajik

Bye Bye, Beautiful

Quote by Haohmaru77well it was terrible, so many lives lost. but. was that the reason why america was so shocked? or could it be that the "american pride" was hurt with this? why is everything about world trade center, if the pentagon and some other place i don't remember were hit too? and why did people cry more for what happened on 9/11 than for the last Tsunami? move on, america. people die everyday, and many people all over the world die in things like this. it was ok for a while, but now it's time to go on.

American Pride wasn't hurt at all. In fact, I've never seen America prove their pride as much as they did that day and the days following. Not everything is about the World Trade Center. But, count up the number of lives lost in all three events, and tell me which one is largest. Add up the number of square feet of land that was destroyed after all three incidents and tell me which had the greatest amount. Do that, and then tell me that there isn't a reason why the World Trade center wasn't highlighted as one of the most impactful.
Why did we cry more? Because whether you like it or not, those lives were lives of the people of our country. Our UNITED country. Even the people who didn't lose family members directly in that incident were hurt. These people were parents, friends, wives, husbands, and more then anything American.
How come more people involved with the Tsunami didn't cry over the terrorist attacks, here? Because they don't live here. These weren't they're people. And sorry, but we did plenty more for them after their tragedy then they did for us after ours.
Yes, let's move on. And lets hope that next time this happens, it's you would loses someone and realizes why exactly America cared so damn much. It's a pity that you're un-prideful self couldn't have been replaced by one of the single mothers who was working at the Pentagon that day trying to earn her paycheck to keep food on the table for her kids.

Quote by Arinami

Quote by SupermilkchanChii
Our president is dumb though( sorry bush followers)
Staying in Iraq is not solving anything, I don't think it is anyways.
Sorry but I don't think they're gonna do anything else I mean all we're doing is killing more and more innocent people. I'm sure YOU wouldn't like it if we were gettin killed for OUR leaders stupid mistakes

I don't see most people here as being more intelligent than Bush.
We're not "killing" more and more innocent people. Most are dying because of the insurgency. That problem will not eliminate itself if we withdraw.
MY people are getting killed-- I am in the military.

Agreed with whole-heartedly. Especially the Bush comment. People nag at him about his mess ups in his speeches, when those same people can't talk to one person one-on-one without slipping up. I'd like to see how well they did standing infront of their whole country trying to give a speech. Oh, that would be a hoot!
I also like the 'we're killing innocent people' comments. Like you said, the insurgency is the main reason. But, also, it's a win-lose situation either way in cases where the men of the country round up the woman and children forcing them to hold guns and grenades and telling them to kill the soldiers. We A) kill them and get told we're killing innocent people (All the blame gets put on Bush and he's referred to as an idiot ) or we B) let them slaughter us (all the blame gets put on Bush and he's referred to as an idiot). Anyone seeing a pattern, here?
And, if h'm not mistaken, one of the greater reasons behind going into Iraq was to take OBL out of power and let that country free. Sure, the terrorist attacks had alot to do with it, too. But, had Bush just said, "Ah, well, we're going to let this slide," most Americans would have been complaining about that. And had we continued to let Iraq's people be slaughtered by an incompetent ruler, then we would be called cold-hearted for not helping just like we're constantly getting complained at about not offering enough aid to Africa.

My opinion on the 9/11 issue:
Forget it if you want, but remember that those who were there will never forget the screams of the suffering people. They'll never forget the corpses and the smell of burning flesh. They'll never forget how thick the air was, and you know what? They won't need you to remember what they saw and what they did, because you only cared enough about yourself enough to try tell the rest of us (who will always remember the hit that our country took) that we're living in the past and need to move on. If you don't want to remember, then that's fine. Don't remember. I'm sure that the people who died in that tragedy and that families that lost loved ones don't want you to remember. They want people who actually care to remember. It makes the memories of their lost ones stand out so much more.

Signature

ORANGE-RANGE

ORANGE-RANGE

~*Edward Elric <3*~

Oh god i do.theres like 27 movies,and its all like"uts the past people not the present

~*Konnichiwa minna-san*~

I was thnking about this recently. Yes, people should move on. I promise i dont mean to offend anyone, but something of this nature was kinda needed. It showed us how pitiful our security was in our own country. I only wish that so many lives were not lost.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Quote by SupermilkchanChiibut if we attack THEM like they did us then that won't solve anything, two wrongs don't make a right....

I'm taking this to mean you beleive violence never settles anything, am I correct?

I'm going to sound cliche here as I paraphrase and quote but, why don't you tell the city fathers of Carthage that.
Sorry, but you can't as Carthage was destroyed. I'd say violence settled their future thuroughly. If you beleive that violence never settles anything I suggest you conjure the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee and the jury could be the Dodo, the Great Auk and the Passeger Pigeon.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

ShadowWraith

ShadowWraith

Samurai of Deep Shadow

Crying over the dead is pointless.

And before you go calling me an insensitive bastard, think about it...What would your loved ones want you to do? I can tell you now that if they truly loved you then they would want you to move on and not waste your time mourning them. Life's for living and no one would want their loved ones to waste away wishing they (the dead person) weren't dead. You'll meet them again soon enough. Don't rush it.

I do acknowledge that respects should be paid, but it really doesn't take that long. And especially not 5-6 years.

HELL YEAH! We should move on. Their dead and there's nothing we can do about it. So why waste time on it?

But of course there's the whole wounded pride thing too. *Sigh* I really get tired of the United States' excessive pride. Yeah we got hit by terrorists on our soil. SO WHAT! Many, many other countries are constantly getting the same treatment. Plus, we're (the U.S.) laxed on our security. And, if you ask me, to lax your airport security, ignore reports of possible terrorist activity, and then when all of a sudden you get hit by terrorists you suddenly sit bolt upright in your Lay-Z-Boy and say "Holy Shit! What just happened!" is very immature and arrogant.

I personally think we (the U.S.) needed a slap accross the head to wake us out of our stupor of 'we're the best' and show us that there are other people out there and they are fully capable of striking at us with great force.

So in short:
Yes I think it's time to move on, but we should not forget the lessons 9/11 taught us.

We should be growing rather than mourning and that's all there is to it.

Our time is dark, and our world chaotic but I will not be made a victim of this world.....

heh....I go to school on 9/11 so.....I could let it go.......

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

By far, we should move on. The people who actually lost family have a right to mourn but there's no way we should be making pointless movies to spread vile propaganda. Let the people mourn and for the people that lost no loved ones, I see no point in continuing to mention it. We can pay our respects but not in the sense that we're trying to do it. It was a big lesson that we can all take into account. It seems more like it's being used to make propaganda then used as a lesson of what we should be doing better.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Quote by songprayeryunaheh....I go to school on 9/11 so.....I could let it go.......

Not for long......Congress is passing a law so 9/11 will become a holiday.

I guess "letting go" won't be as easy as you think. But then again, its just another day out of school for no reason..........While we are at it you should go to school on the 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.......I guess you can let those go too.

CamiChick

Crimson Moon

One thing you have to consider here is that, as a whole, people hold grudges. They also have a hard time letting go of the past--I don't mean forgetting, I mean LETTING GO and leaving it in the past. Don't get me wrong, I remember..I just don't dwell on it and feel the need to bring it up all the time. The news is freaking out again over that Jon Bennet kid again 'cause some guy "confessed," like several other people have, to killing her. She's been dead for 10 years; if her parents, well father (i was told her mother killed herself) haven't been able to come to terms with it before now, they need some therapy.

Yes, I think America needs to move on but everyone's so Hell-bent on revenge and "making the world safe" that they're forgetting one thing. As long as there are two or more people on this earth, there will be arguments. There will be hatred. There will be seperate opinions. And there will be war. Peace is a nice idea but it's an illusion to make people feel safe.

My husband has been in the miliary since 2001, entering bootcamp that Fall. He has served in Operation Iraqi Freedom twice, both at its start when the US was invading Iraq and in 2004/2005 when, believe it or not, things had gotten better. I've been at his side during his whole military career and and I've seen what being in Iraq has done to him. I've also seen that he doesn't have any regrets about being over there. The news cameras fail to show the good that's being done...the progress that's being made. No, I don't know why we invaded or why we're still there, but I do know that our men & women are changing lives for the better and I support them, no matter what anyone else thinks or says. Take note that I said I support the TROOPS; I'm still not sure about the war.

~Military daughter/Military wife~

WynterMajik

Bye Bye, Beautiful

Quote by CamiChickDon't get me wrong, I remember..I just don't dwell on it and feel the need to bring it up all the time. The news is freaking out again over that Jon Bennet kid again 'cause some guy "confessed," like several other people have, to killing her. She's been dead for 10 years; if her parents, well father (i was told her mother killed herself) haven't been able to come to terms with it before now, they need some therapy.

'The Jon Bennet kid'? That JonBenet kid was six years old and was viciously murdered in her own home. A place that people consider to be safe and comfortable. I'm sure you graduated high school; got to go on dates, spend the night out with friends, make stupid decisions and then realize what you did wrong and grow from it. Lucky you. She didn't get any of that. She was lucky if she learned her multiplication tables. And, obviously you don't have children, and lack any proper understanding of how it feels to lose someone like that seeing as you made such a uneducated comment. Not to mention that every news station in America could have told you that Patsy Ramsey died of cancer.

So, though your post made sense, and I could agree on certain points, I still can't say that I don't think that you couldn't have done better. Your lack of proper knowledge on a point you were trying to make is just disappointing. You seemed like a smarter girl. But, please remember one thing from now on: Don't relate something to something else, if you don't know facts about what you're relating it to.

P.S- Yeah, I'm a Navy Brat. ;]

Signature

CamiChick

Crimson Moon

Quote by WynterMajik
'The Jon Bennet kid'? That JonBenet kid was six years old and was viciously murdered in her own home. A place that people consider to be safe and comfortable. I'm sure you graduated high school; got to go on dates, spend the night out with friends, make stupid decisions and then realize what you did wrong and grow from it. Lucky you. She didn't get any of that. She was lucky if she learned her multiplication tables. And, obviously you don't have children, and lack any proper understanding of how it feels to lose someone like that seeing as you made such a uneducated comment. Not to mention that every news station in America could have told you that Patsy Ramsey died of cancer.

So, though your post made sense, and I could agree on certain points, I still can't say that I don't think that you couldn't have done better. Your lack of proper knowledge on a point you were trying to make is just disappointing. You seemed like a smarter girl. But, please remember one thing from now on: Don't relate something to something else, if you don't know facts about what you're relating it to.

P.S- Yeah, I'm a Navy Brat. ;]

And I'm sure several children are killed everyday; I'm sure several of them are abducted and killed. I'm also sure they weren't on the news for 10 years following their death. I grew up with a drug dealer down the street, I woke up to blue lights every night flashing off of my bedroom walls for years. A girl was raped, out in the open, across from my house when I was 6. My mother was raped when she was 16. Someone tried to rape me when I was 21. I know the world isn't safe. I also know I was 14 when the 6-year-old was killed and that I figured I couldn't do anything about it so I didn't pay attention. I didn't know her mother died of cancer, I didn't even know she was dead until someone brought it to my attention a couple weeks ago. I'm clinically depressed--watching the news isn't exactly part of the recovery process...Especially when I still have friends putting their lives on the line in Iraq. And you're right, I don't have any children--I'm 24 and I know I couldn't handle them emotionally at this point in my life, I don't deny that.
On the otherhand, thanks so much for pointing out the error of my ways. I do apologize for the misinformation. However, the point I was trying to make is that we shouldn't dwell on the past. You can't move forward if you're still looking behind you. And, please remember next time, don't judge someone over one post.
PS--I'm a Navy brat, too...Thank God I married a Marine. And, yes, I know that's a department of the Navy. But I'd much rather be around Marines than handle sailors with no sense of humor.
And, by the way, I'm confused...Your profile says you're 6, in another post you said you were 14, but yet....?

WynterMajik

Bye Bye, Beautiful

Quote by CamiChickI also know I was 14 when the 6-year-old was killed and that I figured I couldn't do anything about it so I didn't pay attention. I didn't know her mother died of cancer, I didn't even know she was dead until someone brought it to my attention a couple weeks ago. I'm clinically depressed--watching the news isn't exactly part of the recovery process...Especially when I still have friends putting their lives on the line in Iraq. And you're right, I don't have any children--I'm 24 and I know I couldn't handle them emotionally at this point in my life, I don't deny that.
On the otherhand, thanks so much for pointing out the error of my ways. I do apologize for the misinformation. However, the point I was trying to make is that we shouldn't dwell on the past. You can't move forward if you're still looking behind you. And, please remember next time, don't judge someone over one post.
PS--I'm a Navy brat, too...Thank God I married a Marine. And, yes, I know that's a department of the Navy. But I'd much rather be around Marines than handle sailors with no sense of humor.
And, by the way, I'm confused...Your profile says you're 6, in another post you said you were 14, but yet....?

Now, i'm the exact oppisite. I may know that I can't do anything, but it doesn't keep me from atleast seeing if there was anything I could do. And I understand completely. The media really isn't around to keep people feeling upbeat. It seems like watching it only makes the world even worse, what with all the miscommunication and false information.

I have 2 cousins in Iraq, at the moment. As well as a number of family friends who, like your husband, are seeing the differnce it's making and don't regret being there. And, like you, I support my country and my troops but I'm still undecided about this war. Seems like no one can really decide why we're there.

No problem with that, at all. ^^ My mother had my little brother when she was 26, and at the time wasn't prepared to take on such a thing with all of her problems. Both emotionally and phsyically. That was where my children comment came in. Though he's not mine, i've really taken a huge role in helping my mom out and doing the best I could for him when my dad was at work and my mom wasn't at her best. So, though he's not mine, I know that if something like that were to happen to him, I would never get over it. I would never be able to say, "Oh, well, that was 10 years ago, so whatever."

Not an error at all. Just a slight problem that many more then me would taken joy in stabbing at you about. Though, it does seem like I stabbed at you about it, too... >< My apologies.

I do agree, though. I would never suggest dwelling, but I would never suggest forgetting, either. Knowing it happened, doesn't mean you have to think about it every minute of the day.

I do think that's one of my biggest problems. I don't judge, but I pick. Naturally defensive, I guess. Just another one of my horrid little problems that are slowly (but surely) being worked on. I'm so sorry if I made you feel as if I was judging you. I can see where you would think that, reading back. But, like I said before, I could tell that you had a good head about you, and just didn't find such comments to be fitting for someone I could tell was intellegent.

One of my cousins is a Marine, and another is a Sailor. Both are amazing and oddly enough my Navy cousin has the best jokes, but my Marine cousin tells them the best. I guess it's odd how that works...

Six? Haha. Woah. I need to get around to changing that one of these days. But, yes, I am 14. Born November of 1991. And, yet?

Signature

war doesn't solve a problems, it happened in the past just to memorize it, not to make a revenge...war just make a suffer and fear everywhere

i have nothing against the US but the US people should see this.

SENSIBLE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT SEE THIS FILM!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5946593973848835726&hl=en

PS: i have nothing and i say again NOTHING against the US people but this movie makes me think...

Mm i dont think we should get over it..then its wasted incident..i think that there are much more bigger losses and tragedies..but still doesnt mean we should forget about the nature of this loss..i used to think they blow 9/11 out of proportion..but then i think the other tragedies and mass deaths should be more recognised. This is only coz recently i saw how scary it is to almost get obducted and seeing how some ppl have the power to take control of others even though they have no right..then there must be millions of ppl who experience fear or have experienced it even though they dont have to..so i hope ppl are always aware of the horrors that happen so we can all try and work this shit through..u dont know unless ur affected..and u dont wanna be.

\(^o^)/

I think we should move on after we built a memorial

By saying what you're saying, you're implying that America haven't moved on... basically, it's a political thing now not an emotional thing or whatnot

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

WynterMajik

Bye Bye, Beautiful

Quote by Sh0tGuNi have nothing against the US but the US people should see this.

SENSIBLE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT SEE THIS FILM!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5946593973848835726&hl=en

PS: i have nothing and i say again NOTHING against the US people but this movie makes me think...

That's the most retarded thing i've ever seen in my life. I think I lost IQ points just watching it.

Signature

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

No one never said that the Jewish Holocaust should move on.......~_~

Nor the Bosnia-Herzgovina massacres.......~_~

However, this should pass?

Brown nosing won't get you anywhere, you Benedict Arnolds.........

Quote by Arinamileonardo
I do agree with you about the different "military model". It draws on what I said before, about this being a different type of war. The US military has already drawn on a new model-- hence some of the specialized troops (intelligence agents and special forces) over in Afghanistan.

But remember that while we have military technology, so does Al Qaida. The plot in Britain was to ignite explosives using i-Pods and cellphones. It's amazing that they can do that with simple technology, and it shows that they have a lot of masterminds working behind them. Not to mention they have billions of dollars funneling in to support them. I think it's a lot easier for them to do their job than it is for us to do ours.

Also, when you say "good to read from you, men"... I'm a female ^_^;

----

Liger: I love how Britain is less concerned about privacy and more concerned about safety. I can't vouch much for the US on that. Our wiretapping program has caused problems all across the nation, and if (more like "when") we detain people without officially charging them, the ACLU is right there to tear into us.

Because, you know, terrorists have rights too.

A kiss on your forehead, Arinami.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.