Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Participation Level Bug? - Minitokyo

Participation Level Bug?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

I don't know for sure if its a bug, but I've noticed that the participation level of some memebers, especially the newer ones, have inconsistently higher levels despite their fresh activity.

Example: http://bluesnowz.minitokyo.net/

BlueSnowz

xXPhantomAssassinXxâ?¢

hm............wait n see for a few more days lorx......

Bluesnowz

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

LOL, jealous because it's higher than yours? X-P Just kidding... Maybe it's a bug, or maybe it also takes in consideration the time you've been a member... (We don't even know how those levels are calculated anyways...)

nisnoopy3

nisnoopy3

I'm here...

I'm sure it is not a bug. The participation level is a mathematical relation between number of posts and time having been a member. It is easy to increase participation level when you are a new member. The number of posts divided by a shorter time having been member will produce a higher participation level. :)
*cheers*

Signature
[K.Y.O.N.K.O] + [V.O.T.E] = [orpheuz]
howls-moving-castle [url=http://howls-moving-castle.minitokyo.net/]~:|A NEW FACE FOR HOWL

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

nope it is not.. i for one have experience that...
it is their calculation against your member since date.. so if you post like 50 post on your first day... your participation will likely be over 60... it is not a bug... it just the way it is calculated..

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

I think this has been asked before someplace. (lol)

I don't know the precise formula, but it basically takes your total posts (guestbook, forum, gallery, everything) and averages them over the amount of time you've been a member. So like said above, if somebody made 50 posts on their first day, they'd have an obscenely high Participation Level- but if they didn't post anything after that, their Participation level would drop along with the average posts.

Hopefully that clarifies things. And since this isn't a bug, I'll close this thread now.

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.