Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime in England - Minitokyo

Anime in England

page 1 of 1 5 total items

jocelyn08

jocelyn08

Honey & Clover

May i know is there any anime programme broadcasts in England~?
I'm writting an essay about fan audience and I wanna write something about anime..
My lecturer said it's better for me to use the tv programmes which is famous compare to using anime..
but still i'm very stubborn..>__<
nee..anyone from England can answer my question~?
Thanks for spending time on reading this..
Take care!

Avatar credit goes to cryingstar~

ShiroiTora

ShiroiTora

Yume... ka?

We do get a little bit of anime broadcast here in England, but it's not much and it's always edited dubs. We don't even have 'Adult Swim' on Cartoon Network like they do in the US. So it's not usually worth watching anime broadcasted here. However, when I was younger I liked to watch Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing. Both of which were broadcast on Cartoon Network years ago. I haven't seen Gundam Wing since, but not too long ago Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT were all being aired on a channel called Toonami. Along with a few other series such as One Piece and Outlaw Star. Anyway, as I said earlier we don't get much anime broadcast here in england but when we do, it's usually aimed at fairly young audiences so series such as Pokemon, Beyblade and other such animes that are aimed towards younger people are the most aired in the UK. Animes aimed at slightly older people aren't often aired but if they are, they will most definitely be heavily edited.
Hope this helped :D

Signature

jocelyn08

jocelyn08

Honey & Clover

thanks for the reply...
hmm.. aww..then it's very difficult for me to decide..
my friend took FullMetal Alchemist as example, she said the anime is broadcasting in sky TV...
hmm..anyway, thanks!

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

I've never seen any anime on the Sky network. I got 1 month service with all the channels, but I never noticed any anime playing. To be honest, I think UK television is pretty awful so I rarely even switch on the TV.

As ShiroiTora said, anime that is broadcast on tv is usually aimed at much younger audiences. The anime market in the UK is no where near as developed as the US, and I doubt it will get much better.

I suggest you take your lecturer's advice and look at something that's not so niche (but for God's sake don't do reality television >.< )

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

jocelyn08

jocelyn08

Honey & Clover

this is the TV station that broadcast FMA...
Rapture TV

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.