Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Would you leave your friends for your girlfriend/boyfriend ? - Minitokyo

Would you leave your friends for your girlfriend/boyfriend ?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

I have several friends who are inclined to both sides. Some try to mix both their love lifes and their lifes with friends, and others, since they got their girlfriends, have been completly lost. Do you think it's worth it? I want to know what you think

Signature
"In the name of God impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal Damnation...Amen"
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you!"
"Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!"

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

I always try to do both and succeed. But once, i completly blew off my friends for a girl. From that day, my best friend turn all gay on me. My friendship towards him hasnt changed.

What is it?

I have been told that once you find love you can't help but incase yourself in it and when the same happens to your friends, the distance just grows bigger and bigger as everyone moves on.

I have never fallen in love but still I don't want to belive this. First of all I don't think I could leave those precious friends I have made. The are so very few but that makes them special. I'm not the type of person who after meeting someone, just b/c we shared words and were kind to each other, will call him/her a friend. Those who I call friends are ppl who cares for me deeply just as I care for them. We can tell when the other is sad or happy, even if we're not physically close. It is b/c I treasure them so much I don't think I could ever leave them and even if I came to consider it, it would only be if the person beside me is someone I really love. There's no way in hell I'm leaving my friends for someone whom I don't truly love.

It is inevitable to become distanced but I guess it depends on how much you care for eachother. If you do then nothing will get in between you wanting to stick together, not even your boyfriend/girlfriend. And what's more...a boyfriend/girlfriend who loves you will not want to separte you from those important to you.

Guess the best thing would be to include them all in the same circle. Thay way your partner becomes a friend to your friends and he/she becomes more than your lover, he/she becomes a friend.

i guess one of my main criteria is that my boyfriend has to be my friend first! that way i guess i really won't be betraying either sides if i left one of them.besides, if my boyfriend really cares about me, he wont ask me to choose in the first place.and if he places such a situation in front of me, than he probably wont be my boyfriend for long!

I have a girlfriend who I adore and I spend most of the time with her. I thought I would never fall in the trap of leaving my friends aside, but I was wrong. Its so hard to mix both and I normally go with my girl. Now my friends are a bit lost for me, and I dont want that to happen, but I love my girl too much :(
The pain!

Signature
"In the name of God impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal Damnation...Amen"
"Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!"

Have you told her that? maybe she will understand. Afterall I don't think she would like to lose her friends as well.

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

No, I have a hard time finding friends. If my girlfriend cannot accept my friends, she cannot accept me. That ws from an episode of Boy Meets World.

maxrob

maxrob

LOVERS

no my friends i love thim i have leved my grilfriend for my friends

Come and join us you will be happy you did
Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Nope. Friendship > Relationship.

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Though I would rather be spending time with the man I love, I wouldnt expect either him or me to give up the friendships we have with other people just to be with each other. I should respect the friends he has and he shoud do the same for mine.

Signature Image

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Actually, i'd try to get her to understand about friends. Both are important so you would have to remember that. Can't just expect the person to have you give up your friends for that one person.

no, it's harder finding a best friend than finding a girlfriend

well...yeah I gave up my friends for my bf...because well they weren't the best friends in the world...
my bf gave up his friend because he was being a total arse about him going out with me and not going out with him drinking...people these days

well....my boyfriend is actually friends with my best friends...lol..so wherever we go...he and my friends will follow me...lol.and we all go together...but if this problem comes up...i would have to go with my friends...lol :(

I have the same scenario as you. My girlfriend is algo best friends with my friends but sometimes she wants her privacie (or however you write it) and it's tough to control it. I think I got a good balance between both but some other friends really have dissapeared :( (because of their girlfriends/boyfriends)

Signature

kthxAya

kthxAya

She Sheds No Tears

Until I marry the one I will live with forever, I will always go with my friends no matter what, since they are more important to me than a boyfriend is.

Fear Is Only But A Image In Your Mind.

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

I would try to stay with both, but if I had to chose I would go for girlfriend.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

magicmarkers

magicmarkers

green =3

i didn't leave ALL my friends when i dated. some of them were being arses about us dating so i totally ignored them. my ex had trouble too when we were dating. one of our ex-friends decided to make fun of us dating and my ex got super pissed off and started fighting him. he almost got suspended.. sigh

if i had to choose i would not leave my friends for a lover

Its a hard question to ask since everybody thinks differently and what they cherish is differently. For me it would be hard since i care for friendships as much as i care for relationships. But since i dont have a good friend, i would go for relationship.

Some People say that I'm a goody good for my own self..Is that true?

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

shit, at this point, i only have 1 'real' friend, so many 'friends' left me because of the fucking gurlfriends/boyfriends, they can just fuck off!, so FUCK NO! i wuldnt blew er[my bestest friend] off for a boyfriend/gurlfriend, so yea friendship to me is waaaaay more fucking important than sum dumbass relationship wich quite possibly will eventually break off in the near future, because me n my friend[s] will b and r 4ever

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

No. To be my girlfriend, she must already be my friend.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

I'd say friends are way more important. Simply because friends (true friends I mean) are always there for you, and there were times when they helped me out a lot. Even when I thought I didn't deserve it. Once I happened to almost lose a friend and it was then that I realized that they're worth more than anything. To me at least. So I would never leave my friends for a relationship. I think that my friends are somehow part of who I am, so if my relationship accepts me then he/she can accept them as well. If not, then maybe its better not to get involved in that particular relationship at all.

really don't think its worth sacrificing my friends for my boyfriend. But then, my boyfriend is also my best friend...

I love my boyfriend for who he is, who I believe he is. So if he actually asked me to give up my friends in order to spend more time with him, he obviously wouldn't be the person I thought he was (and so that might change my feelings towards him as well).

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Im not sure. Even if the girl and I loved each other and we would never go apart im still not sure if I could leave my friends for it. Its hard actually answering this question o.o. Right now I feel that I cant leave my friends cause its just not worth it at this age (im just 15 right now), but who knows. But im 100% sure that I will think differently in the future.

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.