Why Is Anime Soo Great?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Cancel

Well...let me start off...I have a friend called Sam and he has a friend that said that Anime is crap and unimaginative. I disagreed and so does Sam. Sam told me to back him up but I have no idea what to say...so can anybody suggest any opinions on why Anime is soo great? Give an exampl of a good Anime too if you want :nya: thank you sooo much >.<

• Aug 25, 2006

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Cancel

Hmmm "crap and unimaginative"? Just how much and what has this friend seen? Is he dissing it on the grounds that its animation and not as good as real movies and shows?
Anime is great because
1. It is an artform and an impressive one at that
2. Quite alot of it matches or exceeds many "live" shows and movies in terms of story-telling and design.
3. It runs the full gambit of genres so regardless of what type of show you like there is probably an anime in that genre.
4. Visually it is a great deal more stunning that most "live" productions.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

• Aug 25, 2006
Cancel

Lol...hey...thanks for that comment...now i can tell his friend about it :D

• Aug 26, 2006

Kiriou

Kiriou

~**Cherry Kisses**~

Cancel

My brothers are the same >_< i say that anime isn't crap and they still say it is! ^_^' They say it even though they haven't seen any anime shows.

• Aug 26, 2006

Pseudocode

Pseudocode

cout << "hai!"; // :)

Cancel

I like the attention to detail in a lot of the anime out there. More often than others, anime shows tend to focus more on plot and character development -- which is the reason why animation is somewhat compromised as a whole.

But I'd say the best thing to do is to show the guy a few anime titles that fit what's been posted here. The Miyazaki movies go a long way in refuting the "crap and unimaginative" stance that some people often hold against anime.

• Aug 27, 2006
Cancel

I Think Anime is great. Tell whoever dosen't think so to go soak his or her head. It has given me a new life. It has inspired me. I think that it is also very creative. Its imagination is wide and also needs the viewer to be imaginative enough to appretiate it.
A good Anime that had be in tears would be GunGrave or Fate Stay Night

• Aug 27, 2006

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Cancel

LAUNCH A WAR AGAINST ANTI-ANIME!

*goodness!* how long will this stereotype mindset lasts?! i'm sick of this!
well, here are my bullets:

#. anime has strong appeal because it reflects a slice of life. that way, we can easily relate and understand

#. anime has more range of genre than ordinary western-type cartoon. certainly, it's a mature 'cartoon'.

#. anime has thought-provoking story. it raises questions that have you thinking. for instance, 'ghost in the shell' explores the nature of of the soul in humans and machines.

#. 'a wind named amnesia' , a manga & later anime movie, asks what would happen to the world if something were to suddenly wipe everyone's memories away, even memories of how to talk or take care of yourself. would this brave new world pave the way for a new utopia/ humanity degenerate?

#. anime is an eye-opener. unlike most cartoons, anime tends to explore topics not often covered anywhere else, like mythology, dealing with death and taboos. in 'fullmetal alchemist', 2 brothers commit the worst taboo imaginable in their world- they tried to perform human-mutation and bring back their mother back to life.

#. the graphic effect is much more colourful in a sense can invoke viewers' feelings. futhermore it has a wide range of interesting soundtracks songs

#. ok, if some say anime has violence and should be banned, then why not ban violent movies like terminator 2 too?

so, to all craps who accuse us anime lovers, DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!~

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

Cancel

Yup, I agree with you, kokuyu. I remember someone said a long time ago that anime is a medium not a genre. So, anime gives different view to the audiences about the world that revolves around them. I believe that anime make peoples especially anime fans becomes so close to each other because the stories and characters in anime are real, unique, colorful and really happens in their lifes. That's my humble opinion. :)

You Get Hand-Gestured!

kokuyu

kokuyu

Cancel

you got it, solidvanz! perhaps we need to form a club to dispel this negative myth.
ha, an interesting fact stated that some anime characters are so 'real' that (invoked) many fans to fall in love with them. maybe, this explains how strong a fiction show can touch fans' heart more than ordinary cartoon do. i heard before my friend told me western cartoon should have the 'crap' tag because majority of them have the so usual theme 'good vs evil' whereas anime is more flexible

Signature

Cancel

oh wow!...thanx to everyone whos posted something for this topic...i mean i didnt think of anime that way...i shud probably tell him to watch anime and open up his mind to what he is missing... :D

• Aug 30, 2006

kokuyu

kokuyu

Cancel

you're welcome, SpikeyApples. i strongly recommend you to rally against those who prejudices against anime. ^v^ thanks to you too for bringing up this issue....

Signature

Cancel

firstly, from my point of view, anime is a great and wonderful form of entertainment...

guess that the friend has not really watch anime before... and perhaps he thinks that anime is unimaginative is because that there are many anime that are alike? like there are many anime that contains people in giant robots fighting? then it would be incorrect for him to say that anime is unimaginative as it would mean that anime contains very little of no imagination at all.. cause it takes a hell lot of imagination to create magical girls and giant robots fighting in space..

and perhaps the friend finds anime because he has watched a crappy anime? which i had not seen any or heard of before... hahaz... guess you should introduce him some great anime...

and do yea all notice or feel that hair of colours like green, pink, purple etc... seems "natural" on anime characters? while not on real world people? hahaz.. thats what i feel

Cancel

xiaodick, you hit it man. After watching anime I was convinced that girls need hiar colors from a neon sign, I still do but that is irrelevant.Anime Rocks Because:
1. It is the, hands down, best form of artwork ever that has a great way of portraying characters.
2. The animation of the characters is unique, and is really not used anywhere else, personally, it is awesome to me
3. THE VARIETY! Geez, there are so many kinds of anime out there that I think the forums forbid me from saying all of them.
4. The guts- Anime dares to go where no cartoon- nay nobody dares to go. Certain topics that seem edgy or dangerous are used in anime constantly, and end up being great shows!
5. It is Different. Yea, this one will be done to death by the end of this thread, but anime is different from things you see every day, which can only be good (seeing what kind of world we live in when people question the almighty greatness of anime).
Oh yea and to what kokuyu was saying with violence it sould barely even be a problem (yet somehow it is...) because television and internet are riddled with worse things... so HAHAHA ON YOU WHO DISLIKE ANIME

• Aug 30, 2006
Cancel

about this friend i mentioned in my post...he has watched a few anime...dragonball and cardcaptors....he said that dragonball was weird because "first a man with 3 eyes flying around looking for dragonballs and the next a guy trapped in a capsule is getting beaten..." most of the words was exactly wat he said...lol...he didnt say anything about cardcaptors though...i was abit upset when he said it was crap...he should be annihilated...lol:P

oh yh...and i totally agree with what you guys have said...thank you soo much for your share of ideas:D

• Aug 30, 2006

xXKEIXx

KaKashi sama

Cancel

Animes are so good because they arent real lol

• Sep 06, 2006
Cancel

hey ive gotta disagree that anime is crap, anime and manga and been since before we were born and the great thing about it it is that they are so adictive and the detail are fantastic and we all wish we could draw like that, dont we all?

• Sep 13, 2006
Cancel

there soo good and theres an xplanation behind it

because a human wants to have control of his or her world, that person would want to imagine a life where they have control. that is pure imagination

then anime comes in, because it is an imagination where we want to be like the anime figures because we goddamn humans cant be greedy and are stupid

• Sep 14, 2006
Cancel

HAAHAHHAHHA! lol...thanks iceonfire..i have to agree with wat you said... :D

• Sep 14, 2006
Cancel

1. Because western cartoons are either crap, have little production values, filled with prpaganda or are made specifically to "attract the kiddies". The few western cartoons worth watching do not balance the many western cartoons absolutely NOT worth watching.
2. The variety.
3. The maturity. Whereas in west, children outgrew their cartoons, in japan their cartoons grew with them.

BTW, I think evil-genious is just a troller.

• Sep 16, 2006
Cancel

In Mother Russia, you don't watch anime. Anime watches you!

• Sep 17, 2006
Cancel

• Sep 18, 2006

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Lazy af

Cancel

Anime is great because it gives you a chance to escape reality. He probably thinks anime is just for little kids, and is packed only with stuff like "Sailor Moon Says". You should say anime is for all ages, and maybe he should try watching one. He might have watched an anime and didn't like it, but there's an anime for everyone, right? :) Maybe he just needs to find his.

Want to help out with tagging? (Of course you do!) See these: Tag admin thread | Guidelines | Tag-licious

Cancel

yay so many great comments I back everyone in their thoughts..coz my bro said anime is silly and for ppl with small minds those comments r more than enough to back me up thx... :)

• Sep 20, 2006
Cancel

when i get bored i watch anime and i feel....happy. anime gives me happiness and......................a lot of other thing that i can\'t express right now

• Sep 20, 2006

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.