Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you prefer long or short anime series? - Minitokyo

Do you prefer long or short anime series?

page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next » 344 total items

I was just wondering what you thought. I really enjoy long series that have several seasons. For example I'm loving Naruto and it's barely reaching half of the story (reaching episode 200), but the bad part are the fillers, which are annoying.
Then there is a great anime like Cowboy Bebop but it's only 26 or so episodes :( (too short)
So what you prefer?

Signature
"In the name of God impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal Damnation...Amen"
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you!"
"Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!"

i prefer a short anime series (25-50 episodes), but like it if the anime have a complex and critical storyline. long anime series make me boring an d i dislike for see that's anime for so long.

I Prefer short animes like the max would be 20 eps. I like a ending where it leaves you hanging because then you can imagine how your own ending for the anime would be. =]

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

i dunt now y sum ppl complain about animes being too short, 26 is standard number for sum animes, the 1s i prefer are 26-50 episodes, any more wuld fucking bore me since they wuld just drag-on and on and on, and most times they usaly get sumwut repetitve.

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

EldaLacus92

EldaLacus92

Elda^Lacus

I prefer long if they're worth of watching :)

Because we are we and nobody else. For who we are we live for it.

I prefer long series with many season. Well thats of course if the series is good ^^. But on the other hand there are some series wich are short, and are fine that way, becuase if you'd make it any longer, it would be too much.... hope I expressed myself correctly

I'd prefer the usual 24-6 episode anime, but I do watch a few 13/50 episode shows. So it's not a question of length, as long as the story's good and lively.
I do query about the 51+ series, like Naruto, Inu-yasha etc. But I do like Bleach. So I guess that's the best proof of my theory.

CrazyGiirl

CrazyGiirl

*CONFUSED

i argee with EldaLacus... if its nice,the longer the better...

himura088

himura088

~Smile

As long as it's nice and interesting, I don't mind the length. But it should have a proper ending at least. haha

merged: 08-26-2006 ~ 05:37pm
As long as it's nice and interesting, I don't mind the length. But it should have a proper ending at least. haha

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

I like long animes as long as it's not extened by using a lot of fillers (like Naruto and Bleach are now). I think series like Twelve Kingdoms and Blood+ are great. But the 13-26 episode series are good too when they don't try to rush things at the end (like what they did with series like Tsukihime where it was slow at the start then rushed at the end.

Signature

air-walker

air-walker

soundless.

It depends on anime.
If it's not my liking, then shorter better, but then again if it's not my liking then I won't continue watching it. In general - the longer the better.

I have no need for sea view,
For a sea view, I have no need.
I have my little pleasures -
This wall being one of these.

I think normal anime are divided in to three slot of edp.
1)20-26
2)50-60
3)100-200 and above
I would most probably like the 1st and 2nd cuz some anime will make me anxious when it`s too short when it is extremely nice! But i think anime over 100 plus will make me get bored when i need to wait for 1 epd for 1 week then all the excitement will just disappear so example like bleach i will watch till like 60 then stop and then wait for the next 30epd is out then continue lol.... This i why i prefer a shorter anime

Siri

Siri

Suou

short is definately better in my opinion
usually in long animes the storyline isnt enough to keep it good
it becomes repetitive or drawn out and i just get fed up.
a short anime is usually more meaningful, on track, and less mucking around.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I like anime that's short ... I find if it's long, they tend to be too many fillers. 26 episodes being a standard, is just fine for me. Or even 13-14, even though sometimes it may be rushed. I don't have the time to always dedicate myself to watching so much anime, so the shorter ones usually adapt better with my lifestyle. Although, I have seen some good long ones, with every rule I go by, there are exceptions. I only think, having such long shows can mean they have to put their budget somewhere, meaning, you'll see some recap episodes here, useless ones, reused action sequences ... The quality tends to be poor to afford such long broadcasting. So I try to steer away from these long anime.

Kiriou

Kiriou

~**Cherry Kisses**~

It depends. If the anime is boring then i would've liked it as a short anime, but if it was a good anime, i would like it to be long.

Hikari-Sakurai

Hikari-Sakurai

Miss Wonderful

Actually anime series length are broken down into 13 episode seasons.
If a series is only 13 eps long, it only last one season; 26 eps, two seasons etc.
Episodes are shown weekly, so a 51 ep series, lasts for a whole year.

I personally prefer anime that don't go past the four season mark (51 eps)
Like FMA and the Gundam Seed series. 9 times out of 10, any series that goes beyond four seasons ends up going heck into filler.
Which is why I'm very disapointed in Bleach at the moment.
Mind you I'm 10 eps behind, but it's dived knee deep into filler. Can I say 'Not happy Jan'

Through looking back at the anime series I've watched and loved over the years, I prefer the short series, of the 13 and 26 ep variety.
The production values are usually alot higher (because less episodes = more money to spend) and the creators are usually alot more experimental and daring, resulting in a much better series.

maxrob

maxrob

LOVERS

i love all anime long and short if is is short i miss it as long to

Come and join us you will be happy you did
Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

i prefer short animes because if its good you get a good anime and it doesnt take long to end. the long animes like 100+ episodes take to long to end i might still enjoy the anime but they start making filler episodes because it catches up to the mange and make is even longer which gets annoying. another reason is because a short anime dvd wise is easier to buy and collect then a longer anime which would be expensive to collect.

I perfer short anime but sometime i wouldn't mind watching long series as long at is good.

I usually like a moderate amount of episodes. It all depends on the series I'm watching. Most animes that I've watched have about 26-40 episodes, which is ok. The story line was completed in that amount, so I don't feel the need for more.

But with the animes that I really love watching over and over again, which have only 26 episodes, I just wish that the creators would make a sequel. :)

userpageskindesignssimple-ism vectoryvector-wallerssakura--cb

Pseudocode

Pseudocode

cout << "hai!"; // :)

Shorter anime titles are great. I think the maximum 'acceptable' length for me would be around 26 episodes. The sweet spot for a series is around the 13 episode mark. Actually now that I think about it, most of my favorite titles were only one season long (including OVAs).

I like anime series that are around 26 episodes usually. Every once in a while I'll watch a series that is really long. I don't mind a long one if it follows the manga without to many filler episodes. One major downside of a long series is the cost of the dvds if you want to collect it.

taciana

Mizuki Kikumaru

EU GOSTO DE ANIMES LONGOS! D

Tacy Mizuki

It really depends on the anime. For something like X TV or Evangelion it really needed that many (26) episodes to fit everything in. But for some anime, such as Sukisyo or Gravitation, 13 episodes suit it better.

page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next » 344 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.