Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Killing: When is it justified? - Minitokyo

Killing: When is it justified?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

i dont care what you say, if you *have* to kill in self defense its more than justified.
but why kill? there are far worse things than death..... far more fun things.. than killing... if anyone broke into my house i wouldnt shoot to kill, only to maim . that away they have to live with a constant reminder of what happens when you try to rob/ kill / or mess with a psycho. and anyone who thinks that no body should kill for anyreason needs to pull their heads out of the clouds, the human race is a bunch of monkeys with machettes. as sophistocated as we try to be we are a very carnal, and wild species at the core and theres no escapeing that, and those that try end up dead and out of the gene pool. besides i say Killem all, let god sort them out.

Nihonjin kanojo boshu-chu ^.^ Serious inquiries only plz!!

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

Quote by rinCewindyeah..

whom i really admire are the people that didn't join the army, even
they knew that they would be killed for not joining.. (like in WW II in
austria/germani; etc.).

i can see how germans being shot for not joining the nazi party arre to be greatly respected. but you also need to realize that if america had takin your view and stayed over here minding our own buisiness that most of europe would still be under nazi control. what about the hundreds of thousands of aliied soldiers that gave their lives to free europe from nazi tyranny ? i guess nazi death camps are a better way of life than fighting to protect life.....

i don't think you did understand the question asked here.

the original question was "can killing be just"?
that's a no for me..

i don't think someone started a "what would you do if.." topic here.. -.-*

i don't really get it why you try to justify killing.
i am pretty sure that most of you would kill to protect yourself or your loved ones, but killing IS NEVER JUST! NEVER EVER! TAKING THE LIFE OF A LIVING, THINKING, FEELING INDIVIDUAL CAN NEVER BE JUSTIFIED!

and can't understand why you don't accept that there is no just murder!

Signature
despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cage
despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cage

words by billy corgan

well no... coz life is important??

Time.... can do anything.. from mending wounds to destroying things.... surely time is powerful... but time can't change one thing... that is destiny..........

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

i understand the question quite well.. the "discussion" is about whether or not killing is justifieable. If it was a yes and no question you ruined it with your first post so dont get mad when others express their opinions, when yours are just as outlandsh and vulgar as you seem to find ours. its now a "discussion", and you cant have a "discussion" without "what ifs?" to make you think.. . i may have been a little off in the in the "thousands of allied soldiers" part of that post.. but i blame the 8 beers for it not being typed "what about all the killing they had to do to free europe"..

If i need to repeat myself again i will.... yep... i do.. I see killing as justified in MANY cases. i tried to say this without calling you nubcake or makeing inferences that your stupid... All i did was give examples of where your beliefs fail logically, Nubcake!! The human race is a barbaric race. and no matter how idealogical you get YOU CAN NOT escape THIS fact. and while its not right or just to kill for no reason .... killing IS justified IN MANY CASES(^Nth) thats my opinion, and the opinion that i feel millions of people have... if u dont want to hurt a freakin fly thats your deal, be a pacifist. but in the end your only going to be run over, used, or killed because you suppress your biological instincts.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by rinCewindi don't think you did understand the question asked here.
the original question was "can killing be just"? that's a no for me..
i don't think someone started a "what would you do if.." topic here..
-.-*
i don't really get it why you try to justify killing.
i am pretty sure that most of you would kill to protect yourself or
your loved ones, but killing IS never just! never ever! taking THE life
of A CAN never BE JUSTIFIED!
and can't understand why you don't accept that there is no just murder!

Dude your living in a fantasy world. That living, thinking, feeling individual wont give a second thought about you, when he's killing you. If someone is trying to kill one of my loved ones, he's going to get his. With your logic, If someone is trying to kill one of your loved ones, your going to let it happen because you can't stand the idea of killing someone even to save your loved ones life...Thats wack!! And sick too!!! Thats just as bad as killling someone.

Signature

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

Yes kast!!! if we keep pummeling him with the truth he will have to come to his senses!!!!!

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote: I hear that somewhere in this book, it's taught that homosexual people are EVIL AND wrong, and that God hates them, or words to that affect. I often hear many people justify their hate toward homosexuals by saying "It's in the bible!"...Who the hell cares?

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Leviticus+18&version=NIV

That's all unlawful sexual relations as stated by the Bible and God.

Anyways, onto the topic on hand.

Quote: and can't understand why you don't accept that there is no just murder!

By definition -- murder is without justice. Let's say you have a criminal who habitually kills crowds of people, and when caught, escapes from prison every time. Is that person a threat to the country around him? Yes. Unless the man is executed, he will continue to kill more people. That is just one example of JUST killing. Killing to save the lives of others is not wrong, especially if you're killing to save the innocent, just like the Allies killed to try and save the Jewish captives who were innocent of their accusations.

Standing by to watch the innocent is tolerating the killing -- making you a killer yourself, because you could've done something. What's it gonna be, indirectly killing the innocent, or killing to save the innocent?

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

As long as people consider ending someones life is just in any manner, the world will be filled with deaths by the hand of man.
People that talk about death like it's nothing, like when saying "If I have to kill a person in order to save my loved ones, then it's the right thingto do" (or something similiar), know nothing about death. Honestly, how can people speak so lightly of death when they don't even know what it's like to kill another person?
If one ever thinks that killing someone is the right thing to do in any situation then they are a killer themselves. If one says it's just to do it in order to save someones life, then they are but hiding behind the words like a wooden shield.
Sure you can decide that you value your loved ones more than the killer, thus ending the life of the killer in order to save your loved ones, but not everything you feel you have to do is right...

Quote by Vagrant123Standing by to watch the innocent is tolerating the killing -- making you a killer yourself, because you could've done something. What's it gonna be, indirectly killing the innocent, or killing to save the innocent?

You are wrong, thare can be many reasons for not wanting to kill the killer. An example is fear, though fear itself has many different shapes and forms, like fear of killing someone or feeling fear of endangering your own life e.t.c. Not everyone has the heart to do it so easily you know, or are you suggesting that because of that they were afraid they are the same as the killer? It's more like you are a killer if you indeed kill the killer.

Though everyone has their own rights and wrongs, who am I to judge what is indeed the correct rights and wrongs, since every person has their own minds to judge for themselves what truly is.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

A killer killing a loved one, or someone defending his family and killing someone is all not right, its just something that has to be done. So AceGunman, would you let your loved ones die, in order that you don't have to kill someone. To me that act of being passive and letting them die is just as or more wrong.

Quote by AceGunmanYou are wrong, thare can be many reasons for not wanting to kill the killer. An example is fear, though fear itself has many different shapes and forms, like fear of killing someone or feeling fear of endangering your own life e.t.c. Not everyone has the heart to do it so easily you know, or are you suggesting that because of that they were afraid they are the same as the killer? It's more like you are a killer if you indeed kill the killer.

No he's absolutely right. Fear is no excuse. By standing by you have become the killer.

Signature

WunAngelwHoney

WunAngelwHoney

-=Yours Truly=-

AnG it might be justicfied in self defense or wen someone is tryin to harm u

*XOX ~AnG*

The only way my life can be complete is if I have you by my side with me.

Signature Image

*myspace* ---->>add mii (=

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

Eloquently spoken Gunman, but as ive said you cannot rid man of his barbaric tendencies no matter what you try, short of total mind control. Man will always be its own worst enemy. and since there will never be an end to violence it only makes sense to be prepared to take life to preserve your own, or an inocents.

And i know death quite well, having worked over 100 deaths as an emt. its not pretty and it definatly has a psychological toll on those involved. but i wouldnt hesitate to kill a killer, if that makes me cold blooded then so be it. but it also means theres one less murderer in the world, i dont know how anyone could see that as a bad thing

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by UniKronEloquently spoken Gunman, but as ive said you cannot rid man of his
barbaric tendencies no matter what you try, short of total mind
control. Man will always be its own worst enemy. and since there will
never be an end to violence it only makes sense to be prepared to take
life to preserve your own, or an inocents.
And i know death quite well, having worked over 100 deaths as an emt.
its not pretty and it definatly has a psychological toll on those
involved. but i wouldnt hesitate to kill a killer, if that makes me
cold blooded then so be it. but it also means theres one less murderer
in the world, i dont know how anyone could see that as a bad thing

*bows Down*........I am not worthy

Signature

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by kastelic4444A killer killing a loved one, or someone defending his family and killing someone is all not right, its just something that has to be done. So AceGunman, would you let your loved ones die, in order that you don't have to kill someone. To me that act of being passive and letting them die is just as or more wrong.

I never said that I wouldn't do something about it, I only said that it wasn't right, but there is always alternatives to killing, but if there really was no other way as an example then it would be pretty obvious that I would try to save the one whom I care the most for (obviously not the killer).

Quote by kastelic4444
No he's absolutely right. Fear is no excuse. By standing by you have become the killer.

I can't understand it when people say that by just not stepping in your are the same as the 'bad dudes' in the scenario, that is merely something the 'good guys' say to make others help out the victims. Example, how can I be more of a killer if I don't kill the person who is aiming to kill my loved ones because of let's say I have fear of pulling the trigger or whatnot? Some might call that an excuse, but I call it a reason why one didn't pull the trigger, since that was what it was, a reason why I didn't pull the trigger.
I value all life the same, though I might like some more than others naturally, so I would indeed hesitate in a scenario like that, resulting in that I might be to late to save them. Would I then become a killer and people would take that as an excuse that I hesitated and hate me for it? Since it's quite obvious that a killer 'should' be killed?
You can't possibly believe that you would kill the killer witout any doubt or hesitation? Because if you didn't have any doubt then you would truly be a cold hearted killer yourself. So in that instant of hesitation you might not save them in time, sure you might have tried resulting in that you wouldn't be a 'killer', but what good is trying if no result is given?
You might have killed the killer, but just seconds before that him taking your loved ones away from you with him. In that case you wouls truly be just a 'killer'.

Imo, questions like these are too deep to be answered with one or two answers, life (and death) aren't as easy as one might think they be. In addition, all people have their own opinions so what you consider right and wrong might differ from others rights and wrongs. Everyone lives the way they only know how to live...

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

self defence if necessary, dont shoot the guy if he touches your arm >.>

Bloodlust

Bloodlust

killing, everyone shall have his reason, but who is to decide someone deserve to die, I do believe that many threat should be eliminated, this world is unfair cause nature dont care about our futile way of thiinking, but every death should be justified, revenge, you really gotta think twice about this one, self defense, of course you can, to protect for sure. Always be logical, never act in rage. then if its accident then, deal with the consequence,. Each case are different.

Signature

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

I don't think killing is at all justified no matter what the situation is.
Nobody has the right to end the life of another, not even themselves.

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

pph pph phh... Then how about giving life? if we have no right to take it what gives us the right to give life to something. if u dont want someone playing god by killing someone dont even start to say that its fine to multiply like rabbits... theres no balance that way.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

balance is the key to our universe

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by tele-fragdI don't think killing is at all justified no matter what the situation is.
Nobody has the right to end the life of another, not even themselves.

So If the only way to save a loved one, was to end another life, you wouldn't because killing is wrong, no matter what????

Signature

We can't be foolish or idealistic. To say you can honestly never kill someone means you are weak. You must stand up for yourself in self-defense, even if it means to end the life of your assailent. If their life was so important, they wouldn't have wasted it getting killed by you.

UniKron

UniKron

Rated H

Rock on darkmage!!!

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Quote by darkmageWe can't be foolish or idealistic. To say you can honestly never kill someone means you are weak. You must stand up for yourself in self-defense, even if it means to end the life of your assailent. If their life was so important, they wouldn't have wasted it getting killed by you.

I wouldn't necessarilly call someone who feels they can't kill someone 'weak'. I'd call them 'human.' If there's one thing that everyone should have learned here, is that humans, as individuals, have different thoughts and feelings toward different subjects.

I may have said this here once already, but the need to preserve life is as human as the need to end it. How you approach your humanity..Well, that's up to you.

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"I am the answer to all who cry out for pants!"-Goku, DBZ
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion
"Unfamiliar pants.."-Shinji, Evangelion

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote: You are wrong, thare can be many reasons for not wanting to kill the killer. An example is fear, though fear itself has many different shapes and forms, like fear of killing someone or feeling fear of endangering your own life e.t.c. Not everyone has the heart to do it so easily you know, or are you suggesting that because of that they were afraid they are the same as the killer? It's more like you are a killer if you indeed kill the killer.

Fear is, in fact, one of the worst reasons to NOT defend your loved ones. It does not justify just watching in horror. Me, I'd take the nearest knife or blunt object and hit the guy over the head as hard as I could. That's all it takes. In fact, I'm pretty sure that even some of the books in my backpack could knock someone out if you wielded them right.

As I said -- if you're gunning for me -- I'm gunning right back at you.

Quote: I can't understand it when people say that by just not stepping in your are the same as the 'bad dudes' in the scenario, that is merely something the 'good guys' say to make others help out the victims. Example, how can I be more of a killer if I don't kill the person who is aiming to kill my loved ones because of let's say I have fear of pulling the trigger or whatnot?

It's the same as murdering the people because of this reason -- By not acting, you are telling the killer to go ahead and kill, basically making you the one who caused the killing. By the law, you are innocent, but morally, you aren't.

The only time I would ever hesitate was if the situation was entirely against me, and there was pretty much no chance of winning. But, if any advantages arise at all, I WILL take them.

Quote by darkmageWe can't be foolish or idealistic. To say you can honestly never kill
someone means you are weak. You must stand up for yourself in
self-defense, even if it means to end the life of your assailent. If
their life was so important, they wouldn't have wasted it getting
killed by you.

Like UniKron said, rock on. If the person was important, they wouldn't even be threatening someone's life.

Quote: I wouldn't necessarilly call someone who feels they can't kill someone 'weak'. I'd call them 'human.' If there's one thing that everyone should have learned here, is that humans, as individuals, have different thoughts and feelings toward different subjects.

No. Being human is being able to rise above and beyond the call. What seperates us from animals if we do not strive to help others, and improve the world as a whole?

Animal instinct is self-preservation, not the preservation of others. So hesitating is NOT being human.

*waits for incoming bashes*

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 86 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.