Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Elfen lied secound season - Minitokyo

Elfen lied secound season

Tagged under Elfen Lied

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

Is there one?

There can't be a second season, it's pretty much over. Lucy lost her horns, she is unable to kill anymore and has lost her Diclonius instincts and reverted to Nyu...a bumbling moe imbecile. There is no point to continue since this is the ending provided and there'e nothing more the characters can evolve into or do that would be necessary.

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

A second season would be awesome, especially considering that the first season ended on quite the cliff hanger.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I think the reason a lot of people want a second season is to see whether Lucy is still alive/is the one who's silhouette can be seen through the door. In all honesty, that's a second season I don't need.

AprilRose: In all likelihood, assuming the silhouette at the door IS Lucy/Nyu, I think that if she is to revert to one personality and let the other one to rest, then the Lucy personality is the one who will win out. It is her original personality, after all.

Aestus

Aestus

*Baka Onigiriii*

I agree with northy, leave it like it is they cant top it so it can only be a disappointment :D

Simple & Clean- Utada hikaru
:nya:

If Lucy/Nyu really lost her instinkts that means that she will be killed when this mini army started shooting her and if so that figure in the door couldn't be her ... Oh and I managed to find a 14 episode but only 3 minutes of it of which 2 minutes was the cast and that song from the music box (as each other episode begins) but I can't find from where to download it because from that site you can only download the player with which to watch it ... THIS SUX !

a second series of elfen lied would be a bad idea to be honest. the series had everything from a intelligent and shocking storyline to every aspects of controversity in the book but at the end of it all the ONLY question left unanswer was simply "what happened to Lucy/ Nyuu?" I am a huge fan of the series and the OVA episode but i don't think they can make another series... possibly a movie but they won't have enough ideas to make a second series let alone a series even have as good as the first

Well, based on what majority have said so far, I guess I have to reconsider my mind about making another seaon of this anime. I have to agree that Elfen Lied practically doesn't have enough to be developed furthur, and also regarding the bad past experiences that we had with other animes such as Inuyasha, as others mentioned, or Gundam Seed. I rather no one take the risk of ruining such great anime. Still I wished they could redo the OVA or something. I guess that would be better.

Wow... Actually I can see both sides of the story. Part of me says that I feel incomplete without seeing them together officially but the other part of me says that the bitter-sweet ending is exactly what was needed to end the series so as to give a more realistic and needy feeling to the audience. But besides that I don't mean to point out names or anything but Tobiast88 and Henkel you guys are either in love with each other or you really hate each other? I was never good at decifering relationships though, so it might just be me. Oh and Tobiast88, I think that your language is really harsh and rude just because someone doesn't have quite the same skills in english that you do. I admit that it is kind of odd, but the things you said were really unneccesary. But I don't want to cause any trouble so I'm sorry for butting in, even so I hope we can all be friends.

The manga goes on for about twice as long as the anime does. Things happen after that. Lucy still has her powers even without her horns. She learns to speak properly. And I mean, what happens when Bando (who now has tear gas grenades) meets Lucy again?

The only problem I see with a second season is that they've kinda strayed from the manga's storyline so as to provide a more satisfying ending after only 14 episodes, so getting it back on track would be rather difficult.

Quote by JetKrazyA second season would be awesome, especially considering that the first season ended on quite the cliff hanger.

Yeah, but me and a friend talked about this awhile back, and I forget who was setting the table, but they set the table for 5. And then the clock actually working? And then their's the shadowed figure at the end. I guess you can believe whatever you want but we decided they Lucy came back. Since we concluded that those little "hints" were ment to show us that Lucy had lived. Thats how we concluded the ending's cliff hanger. Its not a fact just what we thought.

As for a second season? Well I haven't read the manga, I want to but I don't believe they've licensed it in the U.S.? Have they? And well I'd need to find out how much more the manga actually goes on. Didn't Grenadier do the same thing? End earlly? Oh well, different discussion. I think the series itself is fine and I'd only like to see a sequel if it was just as good as the original series, if not better.

So far I agree most with Northy. I think many people, myself included, want to know how things work out at the end. However, in my experience, efforts by shows to clarify such things are often highly detrimental to the series. As much as I might like to see a more clearer ending, I'd hate for this excellent show to be ruined by too much spelling-out-of-details. Also, despite some misgivings I have about the current anime ending, I do think it is the best way to end the series. By ending Elfen Lied in such a way, the writers sidestepped the oft-used cheesy commercial ending.

Actually in my opinion, I want to see the anime end there. It makes it feel so much deeper if Elfen Lied has a cliff hanger ending. However, I want the series to continue in America but a second season seems a little too much. A movie would be cool but what I want the most is: For the manga to be published in the US!

As long as they publish the manga in the US, I believe we wouldn't ever need a second season. The manga as of now is not licensed in the US. (I soo want it to be licensed!) The problem is: Elfen Lied has such graphic content, and it would prove difficult to sell the manga because it is neither ponographic or all-age material. You would have to ask behind the counter of book stores and that would inhibit growth in sales. However, one might consider it "artwork" and the graphic blood and nudity would be allowed on book shelves. Either way, how is a company going to sell Elfen Lied manga in America and actually make profit!?

Oh, and about the second season, I'd rather not. The story should be left there to ponder about, and most the time cliff hanger endings are normally good. In all respects, I would not support the creation of a second season or the creation of a movie.

kvlitz

kriegsage

PLZ NO EL2nd Season... It's just too much suffering to bear...

To kill or not to kill? That is not the question.

I could see a second season coming, the story seemed kind of unfinished at the end of season 1.

Signature

I just finished the anime, and I am going to read the manga, all because I want more of this. 13 episodes is not nearly enough. And if a second season were to stray from the manga or change in some other way, I would be okay with it. Because I would like to see more, whatever the plot may be.

Hmm... I'm the one who really don't satisfied with ed of ElfenLied, but maybe, after some thinking, it be best to end that way. I still haven't watch Elfen Lied OVA, maybe my feeling can be better after watch that.

I shall die before it's all begin... for I don't have any future with me...

The BOSS of the organization (the one whit horns) is still alive and making research, doesn't that makes you think he would try getting Lucy again? Anyway theres this link to IMDb (if yor registred): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480489/board/nest/77698108?d=77698108&p=1#77698108

I guess a second season of Elfen Lied is an error. The end is perfect

when i first saw this thread i thought season 2 was confirmed -_- . Although i would like to see a season 2, there is really no need for it since they covered all the areas in season 1

I wasn't happy with the ending... It left too big of a question at the end so I'd def. want to see a second season.

lol man... i watched all except last episode XD!.. so bad.. now i'm lazy to download it... i think i did the same with zero no tsukaima

There is no way the director is a diclonius, not a genuine at least..in my view, the second season could aim at nana, making her important as holder of genetic traits that can turn the diclonius in harmless ppl. Add some conspiracy, shut down government, an agent who is in the indoor of Kouta's house to insure security... I think I'll write a fanfic, sorry about the fact it is an old thread and all XD

Yeah a second season would be REALLY GREAT^^
i would love it, when the make a new one^^
the story was just cut short in my opinion,
is lucy now alive ot not? will they come togehter or not?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.