Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do songs or melodies have eny effect on you? - Minitokyo

Do songs or melodies have eny effect on you?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

My question is: "Do songs ore melodies have eny efect on you?"
I am asking you all theat because elyere today I ghot realy mad on one of my fends for loosing my favorit schetsblok. She boroud it from me yesterday because she whanted to look over them, and stopid me geve it to here, even thought I diden't like it. In fact, I diden't like it at all, but I coulden't stand her plede. She pomist theat she'll gard it whit her life and theat she'll give it back to me a.s.a.p., but this morning, she gave me a phone call, saing theat she lost it. Imagine my angher. Some of my best schetes where in theat blok. I whis I could go to fer at theat wery moment and strangel her. All theat whork down the dran. I whas literely radieting of fury. Even my mom stood evay from me thet morning.
At abaut midday, I whwnt on to YouTobe to check some coments. Wile I whas butening, I whwnt upon a AMV: AMV - Fullmetal Alchemist - SecretGarden-GatesOfDawn. I aid, what bad could it do if I watch it. Afther seeng it, I actualy begane to cry. It whas soo beautiful, but the most, I loved the melody. It whas sang whit love and hope, and I amedietly fell in love whit theat melody. I herd it over and over again, and whit each replay, I felt beterr and beterr. All my anger wanist and I felt at pece onece again. It whas like theat song wiped avay all the bad energy in me. It whas soo plesent.
Minutes after, I whas back to my old self, like noting had hapend. I whasen't even mad at my frend for lusing my schetsblok. In fact, I whas redy to call her and say it whas OK, whin the phone rang again. It whas her again and she said she found it. Her younger sister took it while she whas sleping and she just gave it back.
Theat afternoon she gheve it back to me, hardly finishing the edscuses. After her 1/2h apologiese, I finaly said theat it whas Ok. Seeng theat I diden't jump her, she oferd to scan some of my drawings if I like, my scaner beeng defected. This time, I diden't hesete to say "yes", but only whit me araund.

After theat, whe eatch continued owere day, me fresh as a daisy and calm as always, even thaught it whas raining autsde. But misteryosly, I diden't feel to difrent since before her second call. Theat's why I ask: "Do songs ore melodies have eny efect on you?", becouse it shure semes they have some efect on me.

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

Hooked on phonics. It will do you good.

Music conveys the appropriate idea of what you should be feeling when watching a movie - this is why I feel that the emotion it kicks in is fake, and this thought forces the emotion to either disappear, or not even come to being.

Music alone, however, can get me pumped or have one of those "deep" feelings. I hate the "deep" feelings because it really isn't, but I do very much like being pumped.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Yes, I can say that I have indeed been affected by music alone, mostly when I'm in an over-emotional state, and just want to calm down a bit, or over-indulge the feeling, and sink deeper into it... which is when I usually start to "over-think" about what I'm dealing with, which is sometimes a bad idea, or has a negative effect, but that's only an occasional occurance.
I think that it helps us get something straight in our heads, or know that someone, somewhere, can relate to what we're dealing with. It's the need to connect with other people.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Music is one of the greatest invents ever!
It's one of the most splendid ways you can express any feeling!
It's the music what captivate us whether we are watching a movie, a tv program or just a single son. That's way we love music so much! Music has the power to calm the most furious beast, to cheer up the sadest person in the world or even take you to a place you could have never imagine!
Melodies and song have efects in everybody! Just not always in the same way!

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

I completly agree whit you Kabura-sama! Music is the greatest invention ever invented.
I am trying to rite a song myself beset on the sondtrak from Tsubasa Chronicles-Lost Wings, but momentarely I'mworking on a dujinsi and I don't rely have the time.
But thenks for you're opinion, the other's ones too :).

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Wow! Sorry I didn't commen on this earlier. ^^; Well songs and melodies do have some effect on me. It depends which song it is. Song or melodies make me wanna sing the song. <.<;

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Quote by kykyopjI completly agree whit you Kabura-sama! Music is the greatest invention ever invented.
I am trying to rite a song myself beset on the sondtrak from Tsubasa Chronicles-Lost Wings, but momentarely I'mworking on a dujinsi and I don't rely have the time.
But thenks for you're opinion, the other's ones too :).

No prob! And good luck with your proyects! :D

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

Gallopia

Gallopia

__DaRK_ HImE__

Well like gundam ssed song fields of hope make ppl feel the sadness n diasasters.....
WEll shizu kana yorini is more like caring song when u here it , it mak u have a comfortable feelings after hearing it.....

Signature

Gallopia copy rights! DaRK HiME has return....

:pacman: music burns time when you got nothing to do

himura088

himura088

~Smile

Music can change the mood of one.. haha

jmaher

jmaher

anime lover forever

well yes it has an effect on me when i listen to fast happy meusic i feel really happy but if its a slow song i feel more understanding and willing to do alot less then fast

Join Us:http://galaxy-angel-base.minitokyo.net]galaxy-angle-baseSignature Image

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

It affects me all the time. And its different from time to time depending on my mood. If Im happy and I listen to fast, happy and cute songs I can get really high XD. But its waaay different if Im mad and listen to happy music :P. Im the beast if it comes to that >:(. ^^
It all depends on my mood and what music :D. If its music that suits my mood then its good. But its the opposite way if im mad/happy and listen to rock/happy music XD
Well, thats it ;P

Signature Image

They actually do, i fall asleep or i'm starting to think a lot

Go see my pic in my galery ^o^

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Quote by MystfyreHooked on phonics. It will do you good.

I agree. I could barely understand your post because of the spelling and grammar.

Anyways, yes, if you read a study conducted by Eckart Altenmuller called "Music in Your Head," published in Scientific American, you'll find that music does stimulate emotion. I used this study as a source for a research paper in a college English course.

Quote by Eckart O. AltenmullerLast, music can elicit strong emotions, which researchers have recently begun to investigate with imaging techniques. The limbic system, which lies below the cerebral cortex and is responsible for emotions, is intensely involved: music perceived as pleasant stimulates parts of the frontal lobe and also a region called the gyrus cinguli, located further toward the center of the brain. Music perceived as dissonant and unpleasant, however, elicits activity in the right gyrus parahippocampalis, close to the underside of the brain. Feelings about the music itself can also influence the brain

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

well yeah...if i am angry the songs make me even angrier..haha..no serious...that is why when i am seriously mad i would shower and then come out fresh as if nothing happened...
when i am happy...the songs are cool, but if they are lame..i would get annoyed and shut the thing off..
yeah sometimes songs get on my nerves, but i listen to them all the time anyway...it is cool...i would get inspired by a certain lyric and then get ideas for a story or picture to draw...
but i love listening to only music peices, cuz without any words, the tune has a calming effect i suppose, i would usually not even hear the rest when my mind wanders elsewhere in my own world.

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

For me, I like to imagine the what-if's. This goes from events of today to futures to various animes, etc. When I have an idea I can write about, music plays a huge part in how I think of each scene or sequence. I'm as much an anime fanatic as I am with movies. Most of the time I need the music so I can decide what to do with scenes or come up with new ones. The music helps me visualize what goes on.

I've never had a specific taste of music. I've listened to a ton of different types from classical to rock to rap to japanese and spanish. In general, I'm not a fan of rap but there are a few songs from that genre that I do enjoy. I am more of a fan of the type of rock that consolidates with electronic. There are also a bunch of classical and piano pieces I also have a fancy for.

Of course it does... If I'm sad or angry I won't listen to the same music.
Ans I'm especially sensible about classical music. I don't know why but when all the instruments begin their music it makes my heart beating faster and when I close my eyes I can feel myself in another place, wondering alone in several worlds...

One of the songs which made me cry once is the opening of "shingetsutan Tsukihime", "The Sacred Moon". It is magic...

Well, did you know that some researchers have proved that it works on plants too? XD

While there's life, there's hope

yuannyyap

yuannyyap

yunravensyen

Yes, of course.
Great effect, i could say.
My emotion change with the song i listen.
... sounds scary... haha. But that's true.

kamuinoyume

kamuinoyume

OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

Of course it affects my mood, if I'm sad and I listen to a calm song like Classic songs and such it changes my mood entirely by the end.

Live like you'll die tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever!

some honest songs resemble my feelings and sometimes make me realize what should i do to face my problems
this kind of song really are worth it..!

yes, I feel really good when I listen the Kiss songs

absolutely, soothing songs help me a lot when i'm feeling down. :)

Of course...
Some songs makes me happy... Other songs makes me cry...
Definitly I love muisc.

Yes. Definetely. Especially the melody of familiar anime, when I know what kind of scene this melody played

I often shed tears when hearing some melody, I think its so beautiful, but it also painful

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.