Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Big Spanish Words - Minitokyo

Big Spanish Words

page 1 of 1 10 total items

anime-boy

anime-boy

Anime-Boy

Hi sorry that i have to ask help again but can anyone give me a big spanish word thats not easy or very hard to understand. i need three words because my spanish class. You can throw in as many words as you can. it can more than three.
just hope that u guys/girls will help me. :D

I'm just a freshman right now in high school so i want just some help for now until i get used to the spanish class.

Grading Policy in Spanish Class
-Test and Quiz 30%
-Class Participation 40%
-Bring binder, calender vocab., and etc. 10%

So right now i have a C in that class. it is very hard on me right now so i gonna have to ask some help from anyone thats familiar with Spanish.

Thank You! :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

This sounds like quite an odd assignment... couldn't you just look in a Spanish-English dictionary or something? Well, hopefully the Spanish speakers of MT will be able to help you out!

Signature Image

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Definitely an odd assignment o_O Though... I'm curious to know what you're supposed to do with those words... Give their definition to your teacher? or is there an activity related to it?

merged: 08-31-2006 ~ 01:56pm
Anyways, I'm French-speaking, not Spanish, though I studied it. But I still found a link that leads to tons of onlines dictionaries for Roman languages (Catalan, French, Italian AND Spanish)... there are bilingual dictionaries as well as specialized ones (which are the ones you'll want to use to look for your words, and check the bilinguals for the translation). This link might also be useful for your class in general I think: http://www.yourdictionary.com/languages/romance.html

Some have are both bilingual and specialized at the same time like this one: http://www.mhhe.com/business/accounting/garrison/Student/olc/garrison9emgracct_s/chapterindex22.htm

As for really interesting for big, juicy (in other words, incomprehensible) words, I suggest you look in a medical dictionary like this one : [/url]http://www.buenasalud.com/dic/index.cfm?lookup=A[/url]. For example, just for the letter A, there are words like "abulia", "acidosis" and "adenocarcinoma"...

Just a few pointers ^_^'

anime-boy

anime-boy

Anime-Boy

Yea I need to define them. its still hard on me right now.

merged: 09-01-2006 ~ 01:19am
oh and thank u Ayamael, the site is good enough for now. but i do hope u someone will give me a big word. oh no bad ones.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Okay... because I had some free time here are some I found.

ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO- The name of a neck muscle

ANTICONSTITUCIONALMENTE- Unconstitutionally

ELECTROENCEFALOGRAFISTA- Electroencephalograph technician

Signature Image

anime-boy

anime-boy

Anime-Boy

WOW! nice. thanks for the word. i really needed it.
Damn, the words are big i'll look for the definition and thanks again.

merged: 09-03-2006 ~ 01:54pm
ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO- The name of a neck muscle

it is called sterno mastoid

But those words are not very used, if you want to impress your teacher you must use words more usefull.

[explicit removed]
[explicit removed]
trinitrotolueno:TNT
Kalimotxo:it is a drink wine+cocacola
[explicit removed]
asesino: killer
[explicit removed]
zorra: female fox,[explicit removed]

I know more because i'm spanish, but i don't know wich more to say, in spanish i think that like in english the words have many means and it is complicted.

Bye and study more

anime-boy

anime-boy

Anime-Boy

nice ones, but there all kind of bad.
except,
trinitrotolueno:TNT
Kalimotxo:it is a drink wine+cocacola.
well thanks but try to give me a spanish sentence with some hard words or some that are hard to figure out. well thanks again. :D

I don't understand you well, my english is too bad.
guiri: (i don't know if this will come in your dictionary) It's the way to call to the english tourists when it is too obvious that they are tourists.
Cefalea: It's a kind of headache
"Eramos pocos y pario la abuela": this is said when there are many people and sadenly appear more and you think there are many people.
"Hablando del rey de Roma por la puerta asoma" This is said when you are speaking about somebody and saddenly appear. Often it is said only the first part of the sentence because i think that everybody knows it "hablando del rey de Roma"

Adios

anime-boy

anime-boy

Anime-Boy

thanks and nice sentence.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.