Restaurants: What type do you prefer and why?

What type of restaurants do you like?

Chains
5 votes
Mom and Pop (aka hole int he wall) Restaurants
7 votes
High End Restaurants
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Cancel

Myself I usually prefer to eat at little hole in the wall Mom and pop restaurants becasue the food is usually better and better for you than many chains. As for the high end restaurants theer is no doubt that th efood is good but its way to expensive to eats ther much.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

• Sep 01, 2006

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

Cancel

Mon n Pop as well, though chains are good too, i.e. Denny's n stuff

High end is nice once in while, but too expensive for food that's rarely better than what u can have for cheaper.

But either way, if the food is good, anywhere is fine:D

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

Cancel

i like mcdonald but wat would that go under

• Sep 01, 2006
Cancel

I don't like restaurants! They are a waste of money and meant to help big bosses make money. I would rather eat in a small stall by the roadside, hawker centre or school canteen. What's more, I prefer chinese food or Japanese food over western food so I don't go to restaurants unless someone is giving me a treat. To me, eating with a good quantity/price ratio is more important than eating like a high class citizen.

• Sep 01, 2006

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Cancel

sakaji22 McDonalds would go under chain restaurants.

Niniyasha, I guess I didn't include stuff like roadside stands and cafes and the like. I kinda consider them under the Mom and Pop places.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

• Sep 01, 2006
Cancel

I like the small hole in the wall restaurants because there's a nice warm feeling to it, and you don't have to worry about "dressing the part" like at those high end places. There's a small cafe that I like to go to called Ichi Go! it's a great place to have a snack and just relax.

• Sep 01, 2006

Siri

Siri

Suou

Cancel

I like them all
all types of restaurants have their own qualities.

high class restaurants can make you feel special, or that you're having a date

small cafes have nice atmosphere

chinese restaurants are usually kind of run down but they're probably the best for your money

fast food is great when you don't have time or are feeling really casual but want to eat something nice.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

• Sep 03, 2006
Cancel

When I eat at restaurants, I like foreign cuisine. Mostly the Korean/Japanese restaurants.

• Sep 12, 2006
Cancel

In Florida, hole in the wall restaurants are so nice. There was one called "BO's Lunch Wagon" (nice name LOL) where it made out of wood an other stuff they found put together. There's a big bucket of chalk you can get and write anywhere in the restaurant, and they will never erase it. You have to wait 4ever for the food, but it's great food! For NYers, you have to go to try Serendipity 3, make reservation 1st, and get the ice cream, you will die!

• Nov 24, 2006
Cancel

Yeah I'm a fast food junkie 'cause most times thats all I can afford.

• Dec 04, 2006
Cancel

Basically anything would do for me as long as the place is clean n the food is great. Its an advantage if the food is reasonably priced.

• Dec 24, 2006
Cancel

I work near some malls so when i go for lunch usually end in a chain restaurant, next to my work place there are a couple of high end restaurants, but too expensive for my pocket... so pizza and hamburgers for me (actually i prefer quiznos and subway, more healthy... yeah right hahahah)

• Jan 01, 2007
Cancel

hole in the wall, i like the food they give there better then most of the chains i been to

You, sir, have successfully managed to rape the entire English language with one sentence. Congratulations.

• Jan 01, 2007
Cancel

I like italian restaurants and tiramisu > all

• Jan 04, 2007
Cancel

Of the three vote options I'm not fussy, you can get good food from either type if you pick a good one. Personally I don't like high end restaurants, you pay a lot to get not very much. Chains are okay but they can be somewhat clinical in their execution, which is why I like the "Mom & Pop" ones the best, you usually have the best time there, the food is good and there is just something special about them.

• Jan 04, 2007

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Cancel

i eat food restaurant evryday, but dun know 3 of them X)

Signature

Cancel

The only 'restaurants' I eaten at are Olive Garden and Red Lobster. I've never actually eaten at Red Lobster, but I get take out (the chicken, because I don't eat seafood).

Anyway, I don't eat anywhere that's more than $20 a plate. For me, the food at high end places don't taste as good and I'd have end up spending a ton of money just to get enough food. And, I hate dressing up.

I like fast food places or places like Denny's or old fashioned diners and malt shops. Places that serve you a lot of good food for little money are the places I like to eat at.

• Aug 01, 2007

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

Cancel

well, restaurants are restaurant, i prefer chain restaurant for more casual meeting, when it comes to a meeting or family reunion i prefer restaurant that are either familiar or more formal.

but anyways, i dont think what kind of occasion deserves to go to a restauran what i like is to eat as much as i can :D

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Cancel

Fast food is great and all,but I would have to say buffet aka "sit down and dine as much as you like "places.You can pay to eat as much as you want under $5 or $10 and still get take it afterwards.Even though the quality of the food varies from day to day and where you eat,for the most par it's usually good.

High end places like Olive Garden don't interest me quite as much though I would like to eat at a decent that would have really good food.And I'll get prim and proper,I just don't like dressing up all time regardless if I'll look good.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

• Jan 16, 2008
Cancel

all you can eat buffet! LOL. if not...i am very despressed. i like clean restaurants but not too fancy or it'll make me nervous and it'll make me check if i'm doing anything wrong, lol. it's really intimidating, really. the restaurant i like is marigold, gotta love chinese food! it's great!

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

I first go by their rating if it's below 90 I don't even bother eating there I normally walk out of the restuarant...but the types that I like to eat at is normally o'charles and the tried and true shoneys but if their rating is below 90 I just turn around and walk out...and I don't do fast food if it's under 93...the only fast food joint I eat at anyways is taco bell I can't eat anything at the other places

Undertaker:Kuroshitsuji: How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.

Signature

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

Cancel

i don't really know. i usually try anything out first hand. if i don't like it, i'll go eat something or somewhere else.

• Mar 19, 2008
Cancel

I prefer the mom and pop areas they usually have great food that has the home cooked feel and taste. Now thats on a regular basis type if its to go out then I prefer the Buffet type areas since you pay and get usually all you want and its never that expensive. Thats usually how I do when I want Chinese cause they'll have usually a little of it all there.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Cancel

i prefer chain restaurant for my budget! ^_^'

Jolibee! :nya:

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.