Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Mascot Background Contest - Prizes Updated! - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Mascot Background Contest - Prizes Updated!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 168 total items

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Quote by XDEWhy Should I Help This Cause? And Why Did This PM Get To Me Especially Since I DO NOT Have ANy Mods Nor Joined Any Groups With Mods?
-Random Post Brought To You Be GeogenetiX Incorporated, If You're Not Crazy, You're Not Smexy-

It's a service announcement, everyone gets a notification on those threads. :)

Hmm, I don't know if I can participate, but I'll try to see if I can fit it.

i must say that 1) the character's really cute, but the extraction is terrible. (put the pic on a black bg and zoom in) also, a couple parts haven't been colored in all the way. >< idk, it's just a very quick observation. :/

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Okay, the folder has been set as public. I always thought it was okay if the link was given (it worked for me). lol

xceliex2000: To my eyes, the extraction was pretty good when I saw it last night... O_o

Anyway, sheq, if you're still there, I've another question which hit me yesterday.
The minimum resolution area (the rectangular area of 6.5 x 15.2 inches) does not have to be completely filled in does it? I have a shrewd feeling that having a very large bg won't be very pretty. I hope clear space are alright (they should be, but I thought it'd be for the benefit of everyone to double check) <-- euna has an idea. you never said staff couldn't enter. =P

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

yeah it'd be nice idea if the canvas isn't entirely square. you can fade it to white =)

Very nice i like the idea for the mascot, now if only i can find some ind of idea for the background... :hmpf:
anyways good luck to every who decided to participate. cant wait to c how this'll turn out.

naomi6454

naomi6454

Self Authority

I'll try to compete

XDE

XDE

Scanning XDE, CPA: Unknown

Quote by Devilet

Quote by XDEWhy Should I Help This Cause? And Why Did This PM Get To Me Especially Since I DO NOT Have ANy Mods Nor Joined Any Groups With Mods?
-Random Post Brought To You Be GeogenetiX Incorporated, If You're Not Crazy, You're Not Smexy-

It's a service announcement, everyone gets a notification on those threads. :)

Hmm, I don't know if I can participate, but I'll try to see if I can fit it.

Soo Happy...In This Place? o.O....R U Human?...Or At Least Alive For that Matter? xD
Note To Self: Stay Away From The Happy Peppy MT PPL xD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

were can we see the submissions?

I am a member of Celestial-Luminesse
I am a member of Colorfull Wallies.
Wings-Lovers

i am going to try for it, yes the download is not working for me too?

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

I hope this is alright, showing a itsy-bitsy thumbnail of the huge 7 MB-zipped Minitokyo Mascot here, for the benefit of those who want a sneak preview of 'her'?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/charaznableamurorei/minitokyo_mini-mascot.jpg
( Minitokyo Mascot image and thumbnail - copyright Minitokyo )

Also, may I suggest some things to "diversify" the BG contest a bit?

Reading the posts above, there seems to be no one providing a history/herstory* of the Minitokyo Mascot (Who is she? What's her name? What's her story? etc.). Is it OK for the mods and admin to run a side contest running parallel to the BG making contest, and that is, can we also have a "fan fic contest" which should involve MT members writing a story related to the MT Mascot as shown here? So she'd be not just a "pretty picture", she'd have a 'story to tell' as well... ne?

Just some suggestions... 'supports the contest! 'thinks of some ways to promote it, hnnn... Now, if only there'd a counter bishie MT Mascot, hnn.... ^^^

* 'looks at frozenwilderness' post on kaze-hime and dA (deviantart?) and 'starts doing background research! XD
Preliminary investigation reveals:
- image named MT Mascot was fav'd by several denizens of the deviantART site (reference here)
- clicking on cached pages reveals that image was uploaded 10 March 2006
- image named MT Mascot mysteriously disappers from Kaze-Hime's virtual galleries... hnnn... ^^^
- "fan art" of Kaze-Hime's MT Mascot (^_~) can be found here

Minitokyo-side...
- 52 weeks ago, talks on making a MT Mascot started on MT forum here

Any more details on how the MT Mascot came to be will be greatly loved! It's kinda queer that a non-MT member designed the mascot, considering that there seemed to be suggestions on shyxsakura's thread above that MT doujinshi artists take on the challenge of making the mascot? Info, please?

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

sukie

sukie

IT'S WAY BETTER THAN YOURS!

..was's a mascot? *confused* can you use original art?! is brushs allowed?! i have so many ?s!>,<'

Please visit my BLOG @ [url]www.jaded.ever-falling.net[/url]
[url]www.jaded.ever-falling.netSignature Image[/url]

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

XDE - if you don't want to participate, then please refrain from posting nonsense in this thread.

sukie - Members may use any technique or method they deem pertinent or useful in the creation of the background.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

I sended my first try

I am a member of Celestial-Luminesse
I am a member of Colorfull Wallies.
Wings-Lovers

well... I'll try...

This Should be fun :)

metalhead

metalhead

chinese ink martial artist

I ll try hard to make one cut even though am a beginner!

The world is a pizza pie...Yeah!

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Edits!
Tooniegirl! You already sent your contest entry? So fast! Good luck in the competition! ^_~

sukie: "what's a mascot?"
MapleRose posted something on this thread about what a mascot is. Quote from her!

Quote by MapleRosethe mascot is basically an icon representing MT, kinda like Ronald McDonald, Pilsbury Doughboy etc, characters that represent the company, and you'd know the company as soon as you see the character.

sukie: "can you use original art?"

... I'm guessing you mean "make a doujinshi out of her"? It's a nice suggestion, but it really looks like the contest is only about making a background for the mascot. But! Hnnn, I'll propose something in the various doujinshi/drawing groups around MT, something 'bout the whole mascot thing... hnn, about asking around doujinshi artists if they can make homage art out of the still-nameless-and-still-storyless MT Mascot...

Oh, and I just had a little "meaningplay" thing idea!
.... The contest is all about making a technical background (art - defined here, definition no. 2) about the character... but it kinda forgets about the "social background" (who she is, what's her story, likes-dislikes-whatever - wordplay-definition here, nos. 4 and 5) ... so, to argue again my suggestion above, what about making the background contest run with different aspects: the artists providing an art background for the character, and people who write providing a backgrounder/bio about her? Background! And I just went overboard with the whole idea, lol... *waits for response from mods*

merged: 09-05-2006 ~ 10:29am
Oh, 'adding a little side note/"meaningplay" thing? If people aren't game on making the whole "fan fic-slash-social background" thing into a competition, then maybe we could also do it in a collaborative/cooperative sort of way?

Say, if people and the mods/admin are ok with this, someone can make a thread and then people can contribute ideas on what her name is, what her story is, etc., instead of having a contest over her story?

Wouldn't that make a good balance/contrast with the whole "technical/art background contest"? The other is based on friendly competition, while the "All MT Members Invited! Let's Write a Background Story on the MT Mascot!" thread is based on consensus/collaboration among active MT members... ne?

Gomen for the kakulitan! (that's being annoying/chatty in my language!) ^^^

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

I agree that it would be nice to have a story about her for inspiration, but perhaps the background chosen will help create her story. So maybe just a name for now. She's super cute, although I am not sure about the colors for her outfit - I would have liked to see something blue...

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Athrun5: So maybe just a name for now...

Hey Athrun5! Thanks for the support! But you're right about naming her first, then wait for the winning BG, then people collectively write a story or whatever... she's still nameless, so that's a problem.

If the mods/admin don't have a name for her yet, maybe MT members here or on another thread can start talking about giving her a monicker/name/nickname/tagline/whatever?

*waits for response from the mods/admin*

Signature Image

It worked. I hope I could finish it on time.

EDIT: IT DIDN'T WORK! WAAAHHH! T_T

muneera

muneera

Worriors princess

well I will try thou im not that good compairing to others but its going to be fun

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

nice img charaznableamurorei it looks to me ;)

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

I have to add that you can change the background canvas as you like. Like I myself prefer a wider canvas than it currently is (the current canvas size only caters to the current content: the mascot).

cool but um... i don't quit understand where your suppossed to upload it to minitokyo dot net at?
do you just use the regular download thing that you use to submit everthing else or is it something difrent?

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 168 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.