Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hi~! ^^ *waves* um...plus questions? *meep* - Minitokyo

Hi~! ^^ *waves* um...plus questions? *meep*

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Whoa, took me a good minute just to look for the "New Thread" button. T_T;

Um, I'm kinda new here (I signed up ages ago to look for some Yuuko from xxxHOLiC artwork for inspiration, but that was it), so I thought I should just introduce myself. =D

I used to do a lot of artwork when I was younger, but stopped for a number of years (thank you, endless schoolwork! *shakes fist*) and am now finding it a bit difficult to start again. So hopefully by joining a place like this, I'll be somewhat motivated. ^^;

Have a couple of questions, though. I noticed that when I look in the gallery normal fanart has been submitted - does that mean I (a new user) can do that too? I'm looking for a place to put up stuff but am worried that my art will get stolen (has happened to me and my friend before). How do I prevent this? Besides putting my name in some noticable place in the middle, that is. Lol.

Another thing is, I saw some stuff done by a user called "angelgirlz" - posted a comment about the techniques used but got no reply.
Now, since I'm new here, I'm not sure if people here don't reply to questions on a regular basis but I am really interested in the technique used. Could anyone elighten me on how to create an effect like the ones in her (...his?) artwork? ^_^ Would be eternally grateful.

If I've posted this in the wrong place, please feel free to gun me down. >__>;

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

ill answer your question first....
Well if you have any question about fanarts and its techniques... there is this group... http://doujinshi-support-club.minitokyo.net/
there you will meet people that people with the same passion and talent for art... the group minly helps members who needs help so i think its the best place for your question..

Well stealing and ripping is something which is really out of hand... there arent much anyone could do... but here if they are caught ripping or stealing they will be blacklisted... the arts here are really from the real artist :)... MT very much put alot of effort in keeping the credibility of the member's arts...
So well the best is putting your name there or watermarking it.... other then that well i am hoping for a better alternative...

Well so now i Welcome you to MT! :)
Ihope to see ya arts soon XD

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

welcome to mt! lets see some of your work where you from? im in cali and i also love to draw! come look at my art sometime!

waves

PAche

PAche

hoarder

welcome to mt!^^you have an interesting way of phrasing your words XD

->well first, there's always the mt bible.its just teaching people on how to have basic courtesy, and also the policies on submitting art.if you think you're considerate a person, then you can just skip the first part and still do relatively fine here ^^' (truth be told i never read it 'cept for accpetable sizes for submitting art XD)
->and about the credit system which is basically mt's form of money, theres always this thread

so thats about all that you need to know about mt to get through your first month (or week) unscathed(unless you're unlucky and someone flames you, which is highly unlikely).so i hope that you'll enjoy your time here and contribute effectively to the community.

jaa ne~
PAche

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

* Opens haversack, pulls out a bag of Belgium Toffee choco and gives Mifuyuu-san *

Hello and welcome to Minitoyko ! Mifuyuu-san ! ^^

Wow, i love to see your works too ! :) Hey... you ain't doing anything wrong. I think i shld be the one been gunned down for replying irrelevantly. Lol. :) XD

Ehh, don't feel that way ya ? Even the most divine (HeavenlyWhite) flame starts from a humble ember. ;) Anyways, i'll support ya ! Gambatte !Hrm ! Well, to say the truth, ripping and steal-catches ain't welcome around MT. Rest assure. ;)

If you feel lost.. perhaps i can show you some links here.

UserGuide <---- A must read... *looks up at PAche-san and Hiraku-San's posts....* hrmm ok , skip this ! >_< :D Lol. Just Joking.

Free download Quota FAQS

Support (Technically)

oooook . .. .. if you need any more help, you sure can ask around. ;) See you often around the MT neighbourhood ! >.< Make yourself at home. ;)

^ PAche-san.... scary... don't cut me and drain my blood to make apple juice ya ?

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Hey there, welcome to MT *bows in greeting*

Great to have one more doujin artist onboard :)... now to answer your question, i think you will find help in the DSC (the link from hiraku san... just click on "join group"). But you can also check the art section of the forum, there might be threads that will answer your queries (and you can read the red-dotted ones = sticky threads, they contain tutorials and helpfull stuff)
http://forum.minitokyo.net/6/art/

Have fun around here, and see ya round :D

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Artwork should have some sort of anime inspiration, if it's not directly linked to a specific series. In other words, feel free to submit your oriiginal creations... but don't go submitting the fantastic life like portrait of Jack Sparrow that you've worked on for days.

The only real exception to the rule is Abstract Art. Abstract by name, Abstract by nature. So if you feel like creating something funky & out there, then the Abstract Art section of Indy Art is where to put it.

As for members not answering questions... that's hard to say. It could just be because everyone is lazy ^_^' But don't feel too scared to approach members individually with questions. It helps get answers, and make friends too :)

*crawls back in* Got drowned in schoolwork and forgot about my post here. ><;

Thank you to everyone who replied! XD *passes around free chocolate chip and banana pancakes* <3~

Saikusa, my life-like portraits = average person's stickmen. I can't do realistic-ish artwork to save my life. >_>;

PAche - I have an interesting way of phrasing my words? I'll take that as a compliment, I guess. XD;;

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome. I'll get down to posting stuff when I get a break from school, I guess. :( *stabs books with sharpened paintbrush*

Hi. Welcome on Mt. I hope you'll enjoy being here.

I suppose everyone has already answered you... I will just add few things : it can also happen than the artists don't come really often to MT... or aren't active anymore.
Artwork can still be stolen (don't forget to put your artist name with maybe minitokyo) but at least it is less likely to be on the other known and decent galleries, since it can be reported and taken down (not sure if it's good enough for you).

See you around.

~~~

If you haven't read them, I recommend you these threads :
Userguide to Minitoyko 3: credits, browsing, groups and more
Upcoming Adjustment about the Credit Sytem
Free download Quota
Other things that you should know : Support

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Introductions Forum | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.