Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 *drumroll* Announcing 2006 W.A.R. Winners! - Minitokyo

*drumroll* Announcing 2006 W.A.R. Winners!

Group announcement by The-Planning-Board

page 1 of 1 9 total items

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

To see all entries, judging scores and comments: http://minuial.net/war/index2.html; then click on "battlegrounds"

Winners at a glance, for the wallpaper competition:

Congrats to ShiXon, the Legend of the W.A.R. and the Unyielding Hero of the W.A.R.
>> drell, the Virtuoso + Muse of the W.A.R.
>> Meth-anE, the Artisan of the W.A.R..

For the doujinshi competition:

Congrats to frozenwilderness, the Legend of the W.A.R. and the Unyielding Hero of the W.A.R.
>> evasion, the Virtuoso or the W.A.R.
>> nostyle118, the Muse and Artisan of the W.A.R.

Quick thank yous to all the wallpaper and doujinshi judges/organizers/commentators, in no particular order: Tama-Neko, shinsengumi, kuroimisa, Anjhurin, Ayamael, kalicodreamz, Gideon, rocknroll-isgo, bromithia, korganoS, tAtEkAnE, harakiri, levezzali, Calisqo, nageni-kun, Evol, artgeek12, and Misu.

Big thanks to chara for putting an incredible amount of work into the planning and making the competition a reality; as well as everyone who participated, hopefully it was enjoyable, even if it was torturous fun; any comments and suggests on how to make the competition better, please feel free to pass them along this way.

May the w.a.r. flourish, with any luck... see you next year :nya:

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

congrat to shixon and frozenwilderness X-P
rofl i wonder what kind of art will be showed after WAR XD, it must be amazing >_<
PS: seem you put kuroimisa twice X-P

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Oh yeah... =_= << *dead* thanks for catching that ^^

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Congrats to all, and especially chara and flyin for their great works :)... I really enjoyed the entries, so thanks to the participants as well *bows*.
I hope to see everyone again next year :D

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

A big round of applause for W.A.R XD
Congratulations to all winners!
The quality of works was high- can't wait to see more ^^ (next W.A.R and/ or in the galleries X-P)
*throws cookies into the air*

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

ShiXon

ShiXon

PFFFTT.

heee sonna!? O-O *screams*
gyaahhh so happy <3333 xD thanks for all the organizers and participants of w.a.r. ~
it was realy fun and goodness you're all such good artists :)
had a good time suu xD

HAY THARR.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

*catches cookies* XD

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

I hope everyone's (especially you, flyin!) still alive after all the pains and pressures of w.a.r., lol! flyindreams had to code the w.a.r. pages all by herself yesterday... T_T Everyone HAS to smother her with love and more cookies now, lol! *smothers!* Thanks so much too, flyindreams. I'm so out of words to express thanks to you... thank you! You're the best!
Oh, I forgot to return the Mokona Hat and Can to you, lol... O_O

Re: Unyielding Heroes of W.A.R. - average of Round 1+2 scores:

ShiXon = 7.695
Meth-anE = 7.305 (a 0.3 difference?!?! ehh?!? T_T)
cyd84 = 7.295

frozenwilderness = 7.51
cremia = 7.47 (ooooo, so close....! 0.04... T_T )

... whew, it was really a tight and close battle, right? It looks to me that round 2 was a hard and painful time for the wallers and doujiners, wasn't it?

Congratulations to ShiXon, drell, Meth-anE, frozenwilderness, evasion and nostyle118! Adding to what kuroimisa said, I guess this year's w.a.r. was not so much about the quality of works... rather, I see it as more about the context of the works, how each participant showed (even though it's just virtual) a part of their real/self-perceived selves through the entries they made in both rounds. The themes this year, I think, focused on the subjective... and yes, I better cut this short, coz the w.a.r. winners and participants should get more air time!

And big thank-yous also to the w.a.r. participants, even those who couldn't sneak an entry in because of that vicious vicious thing called RL! XD

Thanks to the 'scythe/ono' wielders, w.a.r. judges/commentators, too!

I guess I better start leeching all the artwork from ShiXon, drell, Meth-anE, frozenwilderness, evasion and nostyle118's galleries for their w.a.r. prizes, hehe. Ooooo, I just couldn't take my eyes off that 0.04 thing... T_T ... okies cookies, I promise to write something special for cremia, too! ^^^

Okies cookies, I'll be holding back more comments for later! Big thanks to flyindreams and the judges/organizers/commentators/spectators and congratulations again to the w.a.r. winners!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

LOL I feel like I cheated (like that .04 diff thing yea,, what's up with that *_*).. that last submission I made.. tbh.. sucked. I think the judges caught that though XD I was up all night trying to figure out what to do and in the end I just threw black on it as it was 8 am and I was already hallucinating that I was at home and not in the dorm room X___x

IT'S BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE PARTICIPATED *flings sand at akachan and nostyle* >__<

Congrats ShiXon, I loved your walls *_*

Oh and, thanks to flyin, chara, all the judges, and the others for making everything possible!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.