what do u do when your net connection is REALLY slow?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Cancel

So, as the title says what do u usually do when you have to wait a lot of time to open a web page?

recently I don't know why but I have a really slow connection and that is really getting on my nerves! >=( >=( >=(
I'm not usually getting nervous over small things, but this....
I even had to wait 4 minutes to download a scan! 4 minutes! this is very annoying when I'm used to d/l images instantly!

so what do u people do when u have issues with the net connection?

My Latest Wallpaper: Midnight Portrait | My Latest Vector: Asuka

CamiChick

Crimson Moon

Cancel

I swear mostly...especially because I have cable hookup. I normally end up closing the browser window and reopening it.
In the meantime, I play games and/or start cleaning the pc's memory.

Cancel

for some reason this site can be slow sometimes. when i get slow and stuff, i usually open up a video on the side of my browser and just wait it out. at least its better then not having any connection at all.

• Sep 10, 2006
Cancel

If it's really that slow, then I won't even bother trying. However, if it's not impossibly sluggish, then I usually listen to some music or play a game or something.

• Sep 10, 2006
Cancel

Quote by CamiChickI swear mostly...especially because I have cable hookup. I normally end up closing the browser window and reopening it.

lol! same here, but lately I kind of lost my patience... :(

Cancel

usually i yell out GODDAMN and find something to blame like the weather.

• Sep 10, 2006
Cancel

I wait...

• Sep 10, 2006
Cancel

I phone my ISP support and ask them to solve the problem.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

• Sep 10, 2006
Cancel

I talk to the computer. it's terapeutic

• Sep 11, 2006

Siri

Siri

Suou

Cancel

I keep trying =_=; I'm so stubborn.

That or I chat or try to busy myself with something int he mean time

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

• Sep 12, 2006
Cancel

Quote by MIREYAI talk to the computer. it's terapeutic

LOL! and does it have any effect? actually I try to talk to it too sometimes, I tell it that if it will now work perfectly in the next three seconds I'm gonna throw it out the window! XD

Quote by Siri I keep trying =_=; I'm so stubborn.

That or I chat or try to busy myself with something int he mean time

sometimes I try to do something else too but nothing goes right because I'm so furious and I can't do anithing right!

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

Cancel

i curse a lot. sometimes even loud enough for other people in my house to hear. that's because i have a wireless connection.

Signature

rafaellaGP

rafaellaGP

~~Lilith~~

Cancel

nha I have cable... is not sooooo slow!
but sometimes this connection falls...... u.u
argh! i hate this....
but is good! ;P

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Cancel

Sometimes it's not your connection that has the problem. Occasionally it's the server that you're downloading from which is causing the slow speed.

When I wait for something to load (be it a game, webpage, image etc.) I usually do something else. Such as chatting on MSN, on another forum, making images etc. .

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

• Sep 13, 2006
Cancel

hahahaha for me. Like some of you. curse how stuip he (talking to my computer) is. Then leaven for a while (30 second) come back and try it again. Again, didn't work. I curse at it even more. Keep doing that for a hour or so. Then watch my anime collection or read my manga. Later come back and curse if the connect is still slow or not working. Pretty much what I do until it work. Even I do have cable connection. Even so, sometime the site you want to run. Doesn't go through. You know what I mean.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

• Sep 13, 2006

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

Cancel

I die. and then I make a thread. because i want to wait forever just for the thread to load so i can post about my slow net connection. hahaha. I hope you dont take that the wrong way. I dont mean to be mocking you. lol

umm...actually, I complain. and i glare at my computer. and i hit the refresh button a gazillion times...funny how its not broken yet.

merged: 09-14-2006 ~ 08:11am
oh god i seriously know how you feel about slow scan loading time. I LOATHE it.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

Cancel

the router is right next to my desk - i unplug my housemates' connections. "HEY IS YOUR NET DOWN TOO?" yep.

• Sep 14, 2006

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

Cancel

I have really often this problem and when is it the case, I just taking a book and read some pages...

For me that's the best maneer to stay cool about that silly fu**** d**** thing...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Cancel

well it doest happen often but now and then when it does go slowly i land up beating my bedroom door up and hurting my hands

• Sep 14, 2006

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Cancel

I get nervous and start to pound the keyboard ^_^' Then I realize it's not the poor keyboard's fault. Next I start to swear (loudly if I'm alone and mutter if my parents are home X-P). After that I check the modem, turn off the computer, unplug the modem and wait for a few moments (by "wait" I mean walking around the house yelling at any innocent by passer happening to get on my nerves). Then I plug the modem, turn on the computer and if it still doesn't work I kick it a few times.

Hope you had fun reading! So ends my adventure with the oh-so-troublesome-internet-connection!

(Luckily it doesn't happen too often ) XD

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!
MAL | Website | Simblr

evilryu979

No Life King

Cancel

for alil bit its ok
but if it persists i get really fuckin annoyed lol
when that i happends i just play a PS game while it loads

"Bitch is hardcore!" - Slither

• Sep 14, 2006
Cancel

i do other stuff on the net..... like chat to people on the net......finish hw.........eat.......think.....

• Sep 14, 2006

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

Cancel

First, I cuss out my cousin. Most of the time, when she's online, she has so many things running at once, it basically kills the connection for anyone else.

Second, I just shut off the computer and go do some stuff. There's more to life than just the net.

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

• Sep 19, 2006

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

Cancel

ohhh i am a pretty nice person...first i would coax my computer to hurry...but if that doesn't work, i threaten...and since it's not gonna solve anything, i cuss the comp out and call it a betrayer, then i go shower to cool off...but usually my connection is fine...so this doesn't happen often

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

• Oct 08, 2006

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.