Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do u do when your net connection is REALLY slow? - Minitokyo

what do u do when your net connection is REALLY slow?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

So, as the title says what do u usually do when you have to wait a lot of time to open a web page?

recently I don't know why but I have a really slow connection and that is really getting on my nerves! >=( >=( >=(
I'm not usually getting nervous over small things, but this....
I even had to wait 4 minutes to download a scan! 4 minutes! this is very annoying when I'm used to d/l images instantly!

so what do u people do when u have issues with the net connection?

My Latest Wallpaper: Midnight Portrait | My Latest Vector: Asuka

CamiChick

Crimson Moon

I swear mostly...especially because I have cable hookup. I normally end up closing the browser window and reopening it.
In the meantime, I play games and/or start cleaning the pc's memory.

for some reason this site can be slow sometimes. when i get slow and stuff, i usually open up a video on the side of my browser and just wait it out. at least its better then not having any connection at all.

If it's really that slow, then I won't even bother trying. However, if it's not impossibly sluggish, then I usually listen to some music or play a game or something.

Quote by CamiChickI swear mostly...especially because I have cable hookup. I normally end up closing the browser window and reopening it.

lol! same here, but lately I kind of lost my patience... :(

usually i yell out GODDAMN and find something to blame like the weather.

I wait...

I phone my ISP support and ask them to solve the problem.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

I talk to the computer. it's terapeutic

Siri

Siri

Suou

I keep trying =_=; I'm so stubborn.

That or I chat or try to busy myself with something int he mean time

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

Quote by MIREYAI talk to the computer. it's terapeutic

LOL! and does it have any effect? actually I try to talk to it too sometimes, I tell it that if it will now work perfectly in the next three seconds I'm gonna throw it out the window! XD

Quote by Siri I keep trying =_=; I'm so stubborn.

That or I chat or try to busy myself with something int he mean time

sometimes I try to do something else too but nothing goes right because I'm so furious and I can't do anithing right!

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i curse a lot. sometimes even loud enough for other people in my house to hear. that's because i have a wireless connection.

Signature

rafaellaGP

rafaellaGP

~~Lilith~~

nha I have cable... is not sooooo slow!
but sometimes this connection falls...... u.u
argh! i hate this....
but is good! ;P

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Sometimes it's not your connection that has the problem. Occasionally it's the server that you're downloading from which is causing the slow speed.

When I wait for something to load (be it a game, webpage, image etc.) I usually do something else. Such as chatting on MSN, on another forum, making images etc. .

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

hahahaha for me. Like some of you. curse how stuip he (talking to my computer) is. Then leaven for a while (30 second) come back and try it again. Again, didn't work. I curse at it even more. Keep doing that for a hour or so. Then watch my anime collection or read my manga. Later come back and curse if the connect is still slow or not working. Pretty much what I do until it work. Even I do have cable connection. Even so, sometime the site you want to run. Doesn't go through. You know what I mean.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

I die. and then I make a thread. because i want to wait forever just for the thread to load so i can post about my slow net connection. hahaha. I hope you dont take that the wrong way. I dont mean to be mocking you. lol

umm...actually, I complain. and i glare at my computer. and i hit the refresh button a gazillion times...funny how its not broken yet.

merged: 09-14-2006 ~ 08:11am
oh god i seriously know how you feel about slow scan loading time. I LOATHE it.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

the router is right next to my desk - i unplug my housemates' connections. "HEY IS YOUR NET DOWN TOO?" yep.

raymi

raymi

Fight for freedom...

I have really often this problem and when is it the case, I just taking a book and read some pages...

For me that's the best maneer to stay cool about that silly fu**** d**** thing...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

well it doest happen often but now and then when it does go slowly i land up beating my bedroom door up and hurting my hands

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I get nervous and start to pound the keyboard ^_^' Then I realize it's not the poor keyboard's fault. Next I start to swear (loudly if I'm alone and mutter if my parents are home X-P). After that I check the modem, turn off the computer, unplug the modem and wait for a few moments (by "wait" I mean walking around the house yelling at any innocent by passer happening to get on my nerves). Then I plug the modem, turn on the computer and if it still doesn't work I kick it a few times.

Hope you had fun reading! So ends my adventure with the oh-so-troublesome-internet-connection!

(Luckily it doesn't happen too often ) XD

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

evilryu979

No Life King

for alil bit its ok
but if it persists i get really fuckin annoyed lol
when that i happends i just play a PS game while it loads

"Bitch is hardcore!" - Slither

i do other stuff on the net..... like chat to people on the net......finish hw.........eat.......think.....

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

First, I cuss out my cousin. Most of the time, when she's online, she has so many things running at once, it basically kills the connection for anyone else.

Second, I just shut off the computer and go do some stuff. There's more to life than just the net.

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

ohhh i am a pretty nice person...first i would coax my computer to hurry...but if that doesn't work, i threaten...and since it's not gonna solve anything, i cuss the comp out and call it a betrayer, then i go shower to cool off...but usually my connection is fine...so this doesn't happen often

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.