Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Will Armageddon Mean for You? - Minitokyo

What Will Armageddon Mean for You?

What Is Armageddon?

The war of the great day of God the Almighty
14 votes
A nuclear holocaust or World War III
6 votes
I don't know...
10 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

Quote: There will be a resurrection of righteous & unrighteous... so the others will be given a second chance to know about Jehovah God & His purpose... after Armageddon, there will be a "Judgement Day"....

Being a Bible thumper doesn't give you the right to proclaim superiority (or applicability of armageddon) over other religions that do not espouse the idea of linear lifespan you know. And who knows, it could be the Hinduism that is correct and Christianity that is the wrong (if you insist armageddon applies to other religions), you know. In the end, reincarnation renders the idea of armageddon moot.

Allow me to be honest, I think that this "Armageddon" of which is spoken of will be neither glorious nor controllable. Because it'll merely be this pathetic little planet of earth being baked by a growing star, our sun. And, if we somehow managed to survive that, it'll be when the sun envelopes our entire planet, along with the four planets within the astroid belt.

And should this "Armageddon" occur as that "two thousand page sleeping pill" (as Reverend Lovejoy from the Simpsons calls it) predicts, here's what will probably be my reaction: "Oops. Well, looks like I screwed up." Then again, I'll probably look forward to seeing such people as Napoleon Bonaparte, Julius Caesar -- if he's there, he did gain power through clemancy -- Cleopatra, heck maybe even Josef Stalin.

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

the day when all sinners (humans) have to go to God's court to decide new places for them to live, in which who should go to Heaven or hell because earth has gone into expiry date.

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by kokuyuthe day when all sinners (humans) have to go to God's court to decide new places for them to live, in which who should go to Heaven or hell because earth has gone into expiry date.

THe earth will expire? ^_^'
What do yah mean? o_0

merged: 10-03-2006 ~ 11:33pm

Quote by AzirkAllow me to be honest, I think that this "Armageddon" of which is spoken of will be neither glorious nor controllable. Because it'll merely be this pathetic little planet of earth being baked by a growing star, our sun. And, if we somehow managed to survive that, it'll be when the sun envelopes our entire planet, along with the four planets within the astroid belt.

And should this "Armageddon" occur as that "two thousand page sleeping pill" (as Reverend Lovejoy from the Simpsons calls it) predicts, here's what will probably be my reaction: "Oops. Well, looks like I screwed up." Then again, I'll probably look forward to seeing such people as Napoleon Bonaparte, Julius Caesar -- if he's there, he did gain power through clemancy -- Cleopatra, heck maybe even Josef Stalin.

Ooh, nice point-of-view.. ^_^'
Any source? ^_^'
Who told yah? ^_^'
It's a little bit of scary! ^_^'

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

kyo-tohru-1985

kyo-tohru-1985

wood elf

what i think of "Armageddon" is that God is doing the samething he did with the flood and telling Noah to build a boat to save the people that believe in God and want to be saved.

Also "Armageddon" wouldn't happen until the time is right. It might be today or it might be in 2 hundred years from now. All i know is that i do not want to be here when it happens.

I dont know about God leading a holy army to kill us all, I mean he was the one who created us, is he really so angry at his creations that it should lead to all out obliteration?
True with the ideas of judgemnt and not a killing spree, but in the end it will result in the 'deaths' of those on earth.
From what I can tell, if anything, we will be brought to our knees by our own intervention and then he will come when we need him the most, like a friend should.
Thus, if we do nothing wrong, nothing will happen.

You know... once you think about it. We're all just gonna wipe out our own race sooner or later.

Armageddon, apocalypse, whatever. Life is pretty much pointless since we all die. Plus... would mass "annihilation" really make god a "good" person or whatever? It just makes no sense if you worship something that will kill you.

~Dark Rose~
~Crystal Dream~

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

for me the only Armageddon would be when anime cease to exist...

... or when my girlfriend dumps me. XD

Cheers. Another year wasted.

I HATE school. it leaves you with no time to chase your own personal goals and ambitions.

What about the rapture? And all religions that followed what God wanted everyone to follow which was to love him and Jesus Christ and follow his word(the bible) will be saved and the non believers will witness this.

Nephir

May the Light Free You

I'll be one of the few here to post something short, sweet and to the point.

No matter what happens in the world, we will die eventually. Sure, we all know this, nothing revolutionary there. The end of the world, no matter what you call it, will come to pass sooner or later. A book can say something, and billions of people can say something else. No matter what you, I, or anyone else thinks, there will be an end to everything we know, either coming from us or the other side.

There is Nothing better than to be in the Darkness and to be saved by the Light...

Signature

But there is Nothing worse than to be in the Light
and to be taken by the Darkness...

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.