Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime VS Manga - Minitokyo

Anime VS Manga

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Well, it has been a known thing that people here are mostly anime/ manga crazy. However, if given a chioce which outlet would you choose and why?

A. Animated Version of the Manga
B. The Original - Manga Rules!
C. I LOVE ALL OF THEM
D. Others

Also, please include your fav's whether anime/ manga.

As for me, i'd choose C cause i feel that manga's do have their plus points since they are of quality frames and the storylines carried in some manga's may not be featured in the anime series. But, since i ain't such a savey comic reader, I would choose the animated version for a better grasp of the story.. Also, the soundtracks rule and i get to see all my fav characters in color and motion.. *Woohoo* Some fav's would be Fruits Basket (Both), Fushigi Yuugi (Anime) and FY Genbu Kaiden (Manga).

Note to all: Hope you guys discuss this topic as freely as you like! Thanks.

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Anime FTW! Seriously, I'd prefer anime anyday over manga. I guess it's 'coz there's like special effects, sound etc. that make you feel like you're in the story itself.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Well, i guess that is quite true Zangetsu-san (If I can call u that). I Initially fell in love with anime because of the music. Kinda gets me into that crying or action mood. Haha... But after i found out that not every scene in the manga gets dictated in the anime, i felt a little more apprehensive about which to choose...

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

^_^' Hehe, I'm flattered.

Anime is probably the only medium where you'd experience the full emotional rollercoaster. For example, in the space of 5 minutes... you can feel happy, sad, excited and confused. No other medium that I've seen has this kind of effect.

Manga on the other hand, doesn't do this quite as well. Why? The tone of voice, the sounds and the visuals help the audience experience the various emotions. However, I'm not saying that manga can't make the audience feel happy, sad, excited and confused in the space of 5 minutes... but rather I'm saying that it's a lot harder and sometimes the feelings aren't as strong.

Though I'm fully aware that some manga scenes never make it to the anime adaptation but I rekn' it's 'coz either the creator wanted to edit the storyline ever so slightly to enhance the emotions felt by the audience and/or the scene doesn't work as well as in the manga in the anime.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Haha, I totally agree with you on this Zangetsu-san (Lol, no need to be flattered). I do really get all boogle eyed and stuff sometimes while reading manga's cos I ain't such a good reader for manga. The words are ALL OVER and I tend to not know which character is talking or which scene is next! Ok, that sounds like i'm a complete idiot rite lol? But i'm sure that there are many others who agree reading manga can be quite taxing sometimes although it IS interesting.

Really depends, some works can better be displayed as anime, with actions, music and songs to pick up your mood. (esp action and horror ones. Example: Elfen Lied)

However, in my opinion, some works are better off as mangas, especially those which require thinking (like mystery). Words and pictures leave you larger rooms for imagination, not to mention more time to think and reflect. (For example, I think Death Note would be better off as manga since 1) their are too many mind and psycolocial battles in play. 2) it is quite slow paced and 3) reading would give u a better picture. Well, it's too early to say, I wonder how the DN anime would be like - the movie is quite disappointing if you read through the manga deeply)

In the end, it all comes to how the anime is made. Good studios can turn bad mangas to good animes. Retarded studios can turn fantastic manga to lousy animes.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Well, I don't really know,mangas are detailed with more explaination of the characters whereas the anime contains sound effects,voice and so on.Overall I choose C. I LOVE ALL OF THEM.Though sometimes the manga overules the anime.I agree with Lyro-san(I hope you don't mind.)

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

Remember Ranma 1/2? Manga better than anime. Remember Saint Seya? Anime better than manga. It depends on the story and how it is told. Sometimes, a bad novel makes a great movie (The Godfather). Some other times, a good novel can't be traslated in a good movie (The name of the rose)

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Well, generally I prefer manga over anime, for the reaosn that the manga is truer to the original story as the creator imagined it. Anime almost always changes things from the manga, and sadly, most of the time these changes are for the worse.

Also, the quality of the art suffers greatly in a manga, and lots of details wind up getting left out.

However, if it's a good anime, or if it was an anime first, then I really enjoy watching it. It's always fun to see the characters moving around, in color, and with voices so that you can get a greater feel for them. The music is a plus, too.

But overall, I think I'd have to pick manga over anime, for the sake of the story and the art (plus, manga books are far cheaper than DVDs). But I'm not really that picky. I'd rather have anime than no anime or manga at all.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Hmmm, tough one.

Well, I like anime over manga first and foremost, because it is in colour, secondly, because it tends to last longer (I tend to read very quickly), so it is more enjoyment for my money. Anime can also be a bit cheaper than manga (or free if you are lucky to have a TV channel that airs whatever you want to watch). Plus animations always have music and voice acting that can help transmit emotions better.

And, I like manga over anime because you can examine in minute detail the artwork (if it's nice) you can take it with you, and artists usually get away with more with mangas, for example, they can take their time to explain something, whereas in anime, they have a time limit to present their story (granted, in some anime, like Saint Seiya, they really take their time to show what was going on). Plus manga looks cool in your bookshelf.

In an ideal universe, they would both complement each other,

I prefer a good manga over a good anime. Manga is generally more involving, but I guess it depends somewhat on your imagination.

Both are equally great mediums to me but it all depends on what series it is.For instance,I routinely pick up Getbackers every month yet I fricking hate the anime.Just like Samurai Deeper Kyo.I guess it all depends on the director and their vision.Gunslinger Girl is a pretty good manga but i prefer the animated version.Samurai Camploo the anime is awesome but the manga sux.It could go both ways,I guess it just relates to how you like the particular title,either animated or in manga form.

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Sumimasen! Late post... my net shat itself and I needed sleep (the last post was at 1AM AEST).

It's the format of manga that sometimes gets people mixed up with the dialogue. Even I (occasionally *rolls eyes*) get the speeches wrong and need to re-read the entire page... thus it's not just you, auraderecca-chan :).

Yeah, there's some manga is better than the anime in terms of the storyline... Bleach, anyone? I could go on and on about how Bleach anime isn't as good as the counter-part manga but I'll save that for another day. As for Ranma 1/2... I think the concept is kinda weird, but that's just my opinion.

Quote by yukokoanimes are great, but the manga version is usually way better, they're better-drawned and the story is more deep.

Not necessarily. Mai HiME's manga adaptation was awful... storyline wise 'coz it had a different story to the anime version. As for better drawings... well depends on which one I suppose. I thought that the manga version of Neon Genesis Evanglion and the anime version were pretty similar. Imagine how long it would take them if they used the same amount of quality drawing in the manga in the anime version for every frame. It probably will never get released! XD

Signature Image

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

well i'd choose both :p

There are some things that can be done in manga that dont translate well to anime and vice versa

there are anime that in turn have a manga created afterwards, as not all are based off manga, more commonly of late, the basis of a series was from h-games and thus made into an anime

I love the Ah! My Goddess manga and the anime as well. with the anime the director Ghoda-san actually made some changes this second season, and IMO (and others may agree) made a mess with it, storyline and whatnot,w ith bringing in characters early and leaving out others and whatnot (but still this season was entertaining)

I love reading manga as much as i do watching it, just that i dont have any manga to read (other than whats on screen :p)

Signature Image

dMp

dMp

^___________^

i just prefer to watch anime. but sometimes i read manga to get more infomation out of it, cuz we all know anime leaves out alot of information from the manga. and of course anime don't always show what's in the manga if you know what i mean ;). but yeah overall i would go with anime.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

I agree with Zangetsu-san on the comment addressing Mai-Hime... hah, totally disappointed man!

But i sometimes just feel that manga's with action storylines such as Bleach, should always have an Animation done in tow. After all, the essence of the batter would be given of to a better quality due to the combination or music, backgrouds, colours and movement, as Lyro mentioned. Action scenes may become just frame after frame after frame of endless clashes in manga's that are seemingly frozen in time since most manga's tend to drag... (Anime's have such problems too though).

Quote by dMpi just prefer to watch anime. but sometimes i read manga to get more infomation out of it, cuz we all know anime leaves out alot of information from the manga. and of course anime don't always show what's in the manga if you know what i mean ;). but yeah overall i would go with anime.

Well, it's the same for me, haha.. ^5 man... we are both quite similar in our choosing styles. Lol

i usually like the original, like if the manga came out first, i'll like it better, same goes for the anime too........

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Yes, they are both great in their own ways i guess, anyone has reccomendations of any good manga or animation that excel in the art and good story plot? I want to look for those that are worth taken a look at... be it manga or animation.

galuizo

galuizo

Pibe

they man I I believe that here the majority sees animates and the sleeve very little is so that animates does not have to read in addition is but easy to understand history and is but conprencible also estara drawn well but does not emphasize the colors to him is by esoque almost in all the places does not ***reflx mng sleeve :)undefined

hello to all that they pass it well

Lets see... I would prefer Manga to anime, as it usually has more story in it, which makes it more enjoyable. Also, you can read it anywhere and all you need is the book. The anime needs a DVD/VHS player, TV/monitor or PC. It limits what/where you can do/watch you anime.

If I had a choice, I'd go with both, but Manga gets my priority wish.

why does naruto work as a manga but not as an anime? its the speed, pacing of the story. flashbacks are fine in manga because they take two seconds to gloss over, but in anime, you are stuck watching it.

that said, i do prefer the anime, cuz i'm a sucker for lil seiyuu girls like hirano aya

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

id prefer a good manga over anime, it's just that manga for myself is more involving and more often than not has a batter story than the anime so it's more enjoyable than the anime, and you can read manga anywhere you are which isn't the same for anime.

i would go with both, but seeing as i just like anime less then a manga
my priority goes to manga.

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

If I were to be going for more details, then manga.
If I don't have much money, I'll get anime.
If the anime was going into a different direction, I'll get the manga.
If the manga has less that what the anime has to offer, anime.

In short, I'm confused. :(
I'll probably end up getting both.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.