Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime VS Manga - Minitokyo

Anime VS Manga

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Well I love both alot. Somethings are better in anime since you see the motion and the colors and the shinny stuff. Manga\'s are hard to tell whats going on some times and in some manga\'s who is who. A manga called Dragon knights is a example of this. I absoultly love this manga and have up to book 24. The trouble is yes some times its hard to tell whats going on and in this series some of the main characters look simular so you get lost about whoes who. BUt that may be only for a pannel or two but I love the series and if I can suggest only one series and your into fantasy I erge you to go and pick up book 1 now.
Also Manga\'s have some things that are cut from animes or contuine when animes are done. Such animes/mangas are Fruit baskest and DearS both of which contuine long after their anime counter parts.
So both I still love and can\'t really pick one over the other.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Yes, i agree with your statement here coz i\'m also always caught in the predicament on which type to choose.. But anyways, Hi-5 with Myurr.. i love those series\' that you have mentioned! rocks!

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I'd say I'm naturally inclined to anime's rather than manga's. BUT this will never prevent me from reading the manga anyway.

One example: I watched the Beserk anime, was alright, art not brilliant but good enough, and during my research on the title I came across the manga - It was freackin' amazing! In this case the anime was a short adaption of the manga which is still going strong (30+ volumes!).

In general I'd say that adaptions (anime from manga or manga from anime) aren't supposed to be as good as the original.

With a manga its like reading a book - you have to use your imgaination (granted, less than if it was an actual book) and you can go at your own pace, skip the boring dialoge and effect shots and focus on the fiights and the emotion and drama the artists put in.

I think if I have to choose between an anime and manga of the same title I'd watch the anime first anyway, whether its the adaption or not.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I don't like Naruto very much. I think anime is more interesting and beautiful than manga. For example, Anime Tsubasa is very very very intersting. Clamp draw very very very well. But when it is made to manga, it is so bad that I don't want to watch. Manga Tsubasa is much worse than I thought. I prefer anime!

Of course I will select C, for I just believe both types have their own advantages, so as novel and movies. They are just different type of art, why i have to choose one of them? It`s like to choose the better one from paintings and statues - just different type, and no more.

I prefer manga over anime, because I like to read, and black and white art is more delicate and precise than color art.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

both is good...but sometimes....manga is beta than anime eg: tokyo mew mew....><....ichigo looks weird

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

HMz, yeap, sometimes mangas do not become animations. So, i order not to miss out any of the good stuff, I always try to get in touch with both manga and animes. There is also the habit of comparing the storyline of the manga to the animes, and this would be the point when I would start talking about the pros and cons in both aspects, especially about the art.

Anime, have more emotion, more action and have opennings(with karaoke) XD

i hate reading, even manga get boring. i prefer anime since it's free and a lot cooler, atleast in my opinion. though i do pick up a manga from time to time

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

It's just magical when you read the carefully arranged words and characters in a book where it actually brings out more life. It may not move, it may not speak and it may not even dance but in a manga, it has everything the author wanted it to be, it also brings out the imagination in us instead of letting animators do the thinking for us. Come on, who here has read Ichijou 100%, the anime was dissapointing while the manga contains more details, more events and more characters with extra ecchi fun! So I would like to say again that manga is king. Although it could be reaaaaally pricey to buy them. Oh well, it's all about quality.

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Yes.. manga are so expensive! the English version is even more costly.. to collect a whole set of maybe 20 books would cost well over a hundred or even more man... I even have to think of wrapping up my books and finding space to put them so they do not get damaged. But as for the animations, you get it a little cheaper... in nice packages and are much more easily stored! They are less vulnerable to getting spoiled unless someone delibrately throws it out from a few stories.. hah..

I like em both caus like manga gets more details down without a lot of useless filler episodes. Anime is cool too caus they can really create a mood with all the music and tone of voices and stuff. but in the long run i think i like anime better cause i dont like reading too much and subtitles never seem like too much reading.

Shinji103

Shinji103

Ace Newtype

I think it's a case-by-case thing.

Bleach - Great manga. Great Anime.

Jinki: Extend - Great manga. Sucky anime. (after episode 4)

Art is more better in the manga and the sotry gives more detail. Anime the art is still just as good, but sometimes the story isnt all finished and not all characters and answers from the manga are there. But I like both equally.

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

manga is better. you read the original story and it's more fun and not so disapointing, like what happened with Chrno Crusade, the Manga was very cool and the anime was disapoiting... especially the end.

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

I usually perfer both, though sometimes the anime is preferred...though it matters which series it is.

Carros are the cutest!

As for me, it depend. I love both, C i choose.

Sometime, i like the manga better coz the anime are not done nicely. Like Fruits Basket, Kare Kano.

and sometime, the anime is much better instead of the manga like FMA, Prince Of Tennis and Fullmetal Panic.

However, i wish manga and anime stays forever. X-O XD

i would choose C because i like manga because its readily there and you can take it around easily, unless your look at them on the internet. Also in manga you can skip to the parts you want to see easier and its a good drawing refence. However, anime on the other hand takes less mental energy to watch and has cool sound effect and you cant get a better veiw on what the charactor is really like. plus the anime has cool music... sometimes

Usually mangas have a better, more detailed story, still my vote goes for the anime at the moment. The reasons are the following: mangas are expensive and harder to get, but downloading them doesn't completely solve my problem, since reading them on the monitor tires my eyes. Of course if I'm totally interested in some stuff, I make exceptions, but in all other cases I prefer animes.

I like both anime and manga. anime brings the characters to life. i read manga as i wan to see for miself the original artwork as anime are always adapted from manga and i can read the manga. mi fav is fate/stay night cause i love saber!

I like the Animated version of mangas... its just not the same when the pictures are moving accompanied by voices and music...

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Haha, well, animated versions of manga are better in a way cos they have the companionship of music, color and voices.. But i was thinking, is the ART more focused in manga or anime? There are so many frames in an anime just for one scene. But there is only about only a few frames per scene in the manga... hmz...

I am more of an anime fan. i want to see the motion and hear the sound effect .....manga just does not give that

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.