Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need some answers... (Mai HiME) - Minitokyo

Need some answers... (Mai HiME)

Tagged under My-HiME

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

There are some questions that I need to ask/discuss with people 'coz there are parts that don't really quite make sense to me. Now, the first time I watched it, I watched it in a 26 hours anime marathon alongside Mai ZHiME - Otome (indirect sequel). Thus I might have missed some details of the plot and/or characters. However, I've started to rewatch part of Mai HiME and I still don't get the parts that I didn't get in the first place.

Question 1:
As you know all HiME's have child's and a person they love/protect. If something happens to the child they person they love/protect dies (well, technically disappear) and vice versa. Also if something happens to the HiME then both the child and the person they love/protect dies. Now, Akira was protecting Takumi (Mai's little brother) and Shiho was protecting Tate... as we know both of them get defeated. This eliminates both of Mai's closest friend (Takumi in a way could be interpreted as a friend of Mai though he really is her little brother).

When John Smith (the guy in charge of the 4th Publicity Sector of the Seares Foundation) tell's Natsuki that her mother was 'purged' (presumably killed), Natsuki seemed to have lost her ability to be a HiME...

'I called out to Duran many times in my heart. But... Duran didn't answer me.'

Episode 22, 7:35 - 7:42.

Here's the million dollar question, if all of the people that Mai was close with were killed/disappeared... who was she really protecting? 'Coz a HiME can't operate without someone they need/want to protect.

Question 2:
As stated in the about question, John Smith tells Natsuki that her mother was 'purged'. However, earlier we see that Natsuki's mother drives off the cliff into the water (Episode 9, 20:34 - 20:53) after a pursuit from the 1st District Authorities. So did Natsuki ever say that her mother died? If not, what happened to her mother?

Question 3:
By now we all should know the relationship between Natsuki and Shizuru, so please... no childish remarks alright? Again, from question 1 we know that HiME's can't operate without wanting to protect someone and hence why Natsuki couldn't defend herself against Nao (Episode 21, 7:24 - 10:15). We also know that Natsuki is shocked when she finds out the Shizuru is in love with her and what she did (Episode 22, 19:48 - 20:03 and Episode 23, 7:40 - 7:46).

So in the end, is the love from Natsuki towards fake or real? I ask this because it seems like she took one for the team to help Mai...

'The rest is up to you, Mai.'

Episode 25, 17:04.

What I don't get is that if Natsuki's love was fake, then they size of Duran should've been smaller than the size of itself at the start of Mai HiME since Natsuki said...

'The stronger the affection, the stronger the Child gets.'

Episode 25, 14:30 - 14:35.

She also says...

'But, I can't have the feelings that you wish I did.'

Episode 25, 16:24 - 16:29.

Which leads me to believe it's fake but my conculsion is not definitive enough. So what do you guys think?

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Wow... lots of questions... @_@ I'll try to tackle the Natsuki ones...

Natsuki first loses her ability when John Smith tells her that her mother was trying to sell her to the lab for HiME research. Because she lost the love for her "most important person" she was unable to defend against Nao. (Natsuki's mother did die, btw) While Natsuki does not have the same feelings towards SHizuru as Shizuru does towards her, Natsuki realizes that Shizuru is a very important person to her because she was there for her during a time when she really needed someone. She loves her as a friend, which she expresses in the kiss before the bell falls. I think that the size in her Child also grew due to her love for Shizuru, but also due to the fact that despite what John Smith said about her mother, she decided to have faith and believe that her mother did love her. *whew* I hope that made sense... ^_^'

Signature Image

Quote by fireflywishesWow... lots of questions... @_@ I'll try to tackle the Natsuki ones...

Natsuki first loses her ability when John Smith tells her that her mother was trying to sell her to the lab for HiME research. Because she lost the love for her "most important person" she was unable to defend against Nao. (Natsuki's mother did die, btw) While Natsuki does not have the same feelings towards SHizuru as Shizuru does towards her, Natsuki realizes that Shizuru is a very important person to her because she was there for her during a time when she really needed someone. She loves her as a friend, which she expresses in the kiss before the bell falls. I think that the size in her Child also grew due to her love for Shizuru, but also due to the fact that despite what John Smith said about her mother, she decided to have faith and believe that her mother did love her. *whew* I hope that made sense... ^_^'

It made perfect sense. Go get yourself a glass of ice water... :)

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Quote by fireflywishesNatsuki first loses her ability when John Smith tells her that her mother was trying to sell her to the lab for HiME research... (Natsuki's mother did die, btw)

o_0 ... that kinda puts a whole different perspective on the relationship between Natsuki and her mother. So the reason that Natsuki is so interested in finding out her mother's past is to find out whether that her mother loved her or not? 'Coz previously I thought that Natsuki was trying to find out whether or not her mother was still alive.

Quote by fireflywishesWhile Natsuki does not have the same feelings towards SHizuru as Shizuru does towards her, Natsuki realizes that Shizuru is a very important person to her because she was there for her during a time when she really needed someone. She loves her as a friend, which she expresses in the kiss before the bell falls. I think that the size in her Child also grew due to her love for Shizuru, but also due to the fact that despite what John Smith said about her mother, she decided to have faith and believe that her mother did love her.

I see, so it was a different kind of love. So Natsuki loved Shizuru as a close friend but whereas Shizuru loved Natsuki in terms of a 'life partner'?

Quote by fireflywishes*whew* I hope that made sense... ^_^'

:D ... it was very helpful.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

Quote by Zangetsu-ssl Question 1:
As you know all HiME's have child's and a person they love/protect. If something happens to the child they person they love/protect dies (well, technically

disappear) and vice versa. Also if something happens to the HiME then both the child and the person they love/protect dies. Now, Akira was protecting Takumi

(Mai's little brother) and Shiho was protecting Tate... as we know both of them get defeated. This eliminates both of Mai's closest friend (Takumi in a way could

be interpreted as a friend of Mai though he really is her little brother).

When John Smith (the guy in charge of the 4th Publicity Sector of the Seares Foundation) tell's Natsuki that her mother was 'purged' (presumably killed),
Natsuki seemed to have lost her ability to be a HiME...

'I called out to Duran many times in my heart. But... Duran didn't answer me.'

Episode 22, 7:35 - 7:42.

Here's the million dollar question, if all of the people that Mai was close with were killed/disappeared... who was she really protecting? 'Coz a HiME can't operate without someone they need/want to protect.

You are forgetting something important here. . .

You are referring to the Key of the Himes ... though i know the key technically Doesn't/was not mentioned in the Anime. But here are my 2 cents on the matter.
The key ( referred to the most important person to the Hime ) refers to anyone that the HiME values highest in your heart. That's so far what we do know before we review and had watched the anime. Unfortunately, a shocking realisation hit us (my fellow pals). The Key need not be anyone. It can be anything the Hime herself truly values. That' also means the feelings and beliefs of the Hime herself ! A Hime can have multiple Keys and can even switch them depending on the affection. Natsuki 's example been a solid base there. So, the real question is, what is Mai's Key ?

ok, to make thing simple, let's refer the "Most important Person" as key ?

I'm doing this in a Spoiler Format. Breaking them from Begining to the end and summarized. Thank god you sure are lucky i am Hime-Fan.....arhh, don't care, you own me a drink! ;)

Spoiler (show)

The Story had lead us on a run wondering WhO is Mai's most valued person all the while. But if we notice enough, there are lots of leaks and minor hints on the Main Heroine and charactor of the story, Mai, that it need not to be a living Person but can be a Belief and a self value as well. Mai cherish Life most knowing
that from her own past experiences. ;)

Here's Hint one. The Flashback. ( Esp. 2 Time: 20.47 - 20.50) , (21.25 - 21.34). It can also mean she loved her mother more than anyone else in the world but that only serves to uncover our dear heroine's true heart and that is her desire to protect all life of which serves only to deepen her love for it, knowing that it is a complex yet fragile gift and belief. However, at those point of time,what we know is ...something bad happened and Mai's mum died.

Hint 2. The Resolve (Esp. 3 Time : 5.15 - 5.35), (5.40 - 5.43), (7.10 - 7.17)
This steels her resolve to fight for what she believe in and is also the point of time of which comes the impending decision Making.

Leak 1. The Decision (Esp. 3 Time: 7.20 - 7.25)
Notice what she said, despite Natsuki's Warnings. ;)

Leak 2. Clearer and clearer (Esp. 3 Time: 10.23 - 10.32)
Mai's mum and her last words. The Truth of the matter and the steel of her resolve in her new beliefs, viewing the world from a different perspective.

It is here we came to know that Mai's love was to protect everyone, technically, to protect her beliefs, that is, Life is precious and must be cherished/love equally. If it means ending her life for it, she will do so knowing it is a value one must not throw it away and take it for granted. At this point, one of my pals
also came up with a solid basis that Mai's Key is her Mother. (I'll leave that for the moment) and the group of us had a hot debate over it for 7 weeks before coming to the conclusion and the final answer was concluded.

To confuse us further and lead us into a tangled web on the search for the answer, the clip shows the spark of grueling and increasing crush between Mai and Yuuichi Tate. (Eps 3 Time: 16.00 -16.07), the Sister's Love for her Sibling (Eps. 3 Time: 17.01 - 17.20). Yet, they leak yet another !

Leak 3. The Purpose ( Eps 3 Time: 18.30 - 18.50) ;) ENough said. She just wants to enjoy an ordinary life with her brother (Sort of make up for her past) and becoming Hime will endanger all who are close to her. At this point, Mai' doesn't know she made the right decision in coming.

Hint 3. Doubts and questions (Eps 3. Time: 18.40 - 19.03)
Mashiro Kazahana knows something we had yet to know then. She knew it was selfish to ask Mai to accept her Fate Cause both share quite the same and parallel beliefs ... only that Mashiro Kazahana knows the rules and had found the answer only too late.

Leak 4 (Eps 13 Time: 12.58 onwards.)
Mr Evil Reito Kanzaki, host of the Osidian lord, executes his plans on grabbing her love for him, not realising that her true love/value lies deeper. Also, this episode serves as the breaking point as of explaination on Mai's true key. Cause, now, we will have 3 Men and one Girl that Mai loves all dearly. Haiz~~~ So complicated. Golden Triangle eh ? All the more the producer wants us to throw us off on Mai's true key. She loves Takumi and Mikoto in a motherly/sisterly way while developing romantic feelings for both Tate and Reito.

Hint 5 (Eps.11 Time: 9.40-10.15)
The conversation with Nagi Homura and Mai's Hesitation. For power or be consume by power ? Facing a threatening decision yet again on her choice of becoming a Hime.

Leak 5 (Eps 14. Time : 17.05 - 18.10)
Conversation with Mikoto. .. .. Forgot ^_^' ... Lol. Just know it it there.

The Big Revelation(Eps 24 Time: 4.18 -5.30)
Only to find out the purpose of her belief, what it means to her truly. And that is to find true love... *Sob*

All the while, the key was, Love of herself and Beliefs..Beliefs as in, she believe that The love of Life is the greatest Gift and thing she value.Of which is thus comes the strength of her Child. Which is also why she CHoose to ForFeit and tOok a big Gambit on becoming a Hime during the Bonding Contract in the Cave.. (Epsiode 3 Time : 7.36 - 7.38) when she cried out Kagutsuchi 's name, because she simply cannot allow her belief to die,knowing it is right and she wanted to Protect everyone with the strength and power offered then even if it means forsaking her own life and destiny. Funny thing is, It is her destiny to do that !

I'm sorry if that's all i can remember writing all this infront of my lappy for the past 1hr and my collegues are bugging me to eat. I sincerely apologise if i miss out some important points to buckle up some loop holes i made up there but i do hope it partially answer your burning question. ;)

So the answer to your Million dollar question, is, Mai's Key, is, the Key for the Love of Life. ;)

Of course, new findings and your opinions are most sincerely welcome. Mine is based on the Research we put up for 4 months work, about 20 months ago. I'll try to get back to you when i am home. But i doubt so since i think, newer posters and more experienced MTers will have answered your question. ^^V

Er... Drinks ? I am sooo thirsty.... -_- ... Hungry too ! :D

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Wow, haha, thanks for all the detailed analysis here man. Actually i did not really focus so much all these nitty gritties until it was mentioned here... I just felt that the story was touching, sad... blah blah blah... But i must say, thanks firemaze for all that explaination! Helped me a great bit by bringing me out of confusion of parts mentioned by Zangetsu-san. HAha...

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

:o ... all I can say is, wow! Now that's what I call in-depth analysis! You have no idea how much that has helped. For the past couple of months I've been trying to find the person that Mai needed/wanted to protect only to find out it was herself. It probably would've helped if I actually got the facts right in the first place. So remember kids don't expect to remember everything in a 26 hour anime marathon! ^_^'

But you know what's the funny thing though? I've actually thought about Mai wanting to protect herself but somehow coming to a conclusion that it wasn't her nature to be selfish.

It will be a while before I challenge (if I ever do) the conclusion that you guys came up with for Mai's 'key'. Until then you can relax that your conclusion stands... for now at least, lol.

So, I guess I owe you a drink then... eh? :D How does a Mojito sound? XD

Quote by FiremaceLeak 5 (Eps 14. Time : 17.05 - 18.10)
Conversation with Mikoto. .. .. Forgot ^_^' ... Lol. Just know it it there.

Okay, this is probably not that important... but Episode 14, 17:05 - 18:10 is a conversation between Mashiro, Miyu and Alysaa.

One last thing (again, this is not important), what year is Natsuki studying in (like in terms of how many years before she graduates)? 'Coz I still don't get what Sakomizu-sensei says to Natsuki in the last episode...

'Without extra classes, you'll have to repeat your freshman year onwards.'

Episode 26, 18:52

Unless Natsuki has been searching whether her mother loved her or not for a long time then Sakomizu-sensei would be asking her to repeat the current year since Takumi's year is the freshman year I believe.

Quote by auradereccaActually i did not really focus so much all these nitty gritties until it was mentioned here...

Mai HiME is the only anime where I actually learnt a lot from about love and life. I don't know about everyone else... but those small subtle mysteries really bug me. It's like having an itch on your back and being unable to get rid of it.

EDIT: I have no idea what the heck is wrong with my brain. It churns through so much information and when it get's to bits it doesn't understand or know the answer to... it bugs the living c*** out of me.

I refer you to Episode 25, 16:08. When Natsuki kisses Shizuru, is it a kiss on the cheek or something a little more? Scheech... that didn't turn out as good as I hoped... but nonetheless I'm tired so I really can't be bothered re-editing my edit.

Signature Image

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Wow, lots of very good points here! Not sure if Mai's "key" is that theory mentioned in Firemace's spoiler space, though it makes better sense. Based on ep 25 near the end, I always thought her feelings of affection for her specific loved one and other friends within her heart enabled her to summon her Child.

Quote by Zangetsu-ssl
One last thing (again, this is not important), what year is Natsuki studying in (like in terms of how many years before she graduates)? 'Coz I still don't get what Sakomizu-sensei says to Natsuki in the last episode...
'Without extra classes, you'll have to repeat your freshman year onwards.'

I believe Natsuki was in her 1st year of high school which is probably her freshman year in the beginning of the series. I assume the show was using the Japaense school system which should go something like this:

1st year/term: April 1st to Mid July
2nd year/term: Early September to Late December
3rd year/term: Early January to Early March

Sometime after the end of the Alyssa incident, it was mention a new semester was to begin. I assume Natsuki somehow moved on to 2nd term. I suppose "term" is the same as a semester? Sakomuzu was probably referring to Natsuki to go repeat her 1st term/year, thus she would probably end up being in the same class with Nao, assumming the red head passed her 3rd middle year of school.
I'm still a bit confused about the school system so I could be wrong about the grade levels. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote by Zangetsu-ssl
Episode 26, 18:52

Unless Natsuki has been searching whether her mother loved her or not for a long time then Sakomizu-sensei would be asking her to repeat the current year since Takumi's year is the freshman year I believe.

I doubt Natsuki was searching about if her mother loved her or not. I'm always thought Natsuki was looking for clues among 1st District,etc about what secrets the Hime affair holds and at the same time wanting to revenge her mother's death.

Quote by Zangetsu-ssl
I refer you to Episode 25, 16:08. When Natsuki kisses Shizuru, is it a kiss on the cheek or something a little more? Scheech... that didn't turn out as good as I hoped... but nonetheless I'm tired so I really can't be bothered re-editing my edit.

I'm pretty sure Natuski kissed her right on the lips. [darn camera angle!] Though it looks like Natsuki only sees Shizuru as a close friend at the end, I like to believe eventually she may end up developing romantic feelings once she finally learns more about "love". But that's my wishful thinking. There's tons of fanart and fanfiction to protray this as well.

Signature

Quote by UltramarineWow, lots of very good points here! Not sure if Mai's "key" is that theory mentioned in Firemace's spoiler space, though it makes better sense. Based on ep 25 near the end, I always thought her feelings of affection for her specific loved one and other friends within her heart enabled her to summon her Child.

You are right too you know. Psst.. there are not definite answers to that one since the anime does not willing wants to show us the final clue/leak though all points to the word Life. Only close ones. ;) I like your definition. Lol. XD Share share ! XD

Signature

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Quote by UltraMarineI believe Natsuki was in her 1st year of high school which is probably her freshman year in the beginning of the series. I assume the show was using the Japaense school system which should go something like this:

1st year/term: April 1st to Mid July
2nd year/term: Early September to Late December
3rd year/term: Early January to Early March

Sometime after the end of the Alyssa incident, it was mention a new semester was to begin. I assume Natsuki somehow moved on to 2nd term. I suppose "term" is the same as a semester? Sakomuzu was probably referring to Natsuki to go repeat her 1st term/year, thus she would probably end up being in the same class with Nao, assumming the red head passed her 3rd middle year of school.
I'm still a bit confused about the school system so I could be wrong about the grade levels.

I think in the promo (for those who haven't... it's here) Mai mentions that she will be entering the 1st year of High School for the first time. However, this seems a 'lil weird to me 'coz usually when you're 15 (turning 16) you should be in the 2nd or the 3rd last year of school (in Australia). Anyway, I'll probably do a research into the Japanese school system later.

Quote by UltraMarineI doubt Natsuki was searching about if her mother loved her or not. I'm always thought Natsuki was looking for clues among 1st District,etc about what secrets the Hime affair holds and at the same time wanting to revenge her mother's death.

Couldn't it be both? ^_^'

I mean, Natsuki's mother did try to sell her to the Searrs Foundation for research but later her mother sacrafices herself so that she would have a normal life. Because of this... she seeks revenge against the Searrs Foundation for the loss of her mother.

Quote by UltraMarineI'm pretty sure Natuski kissed her right on the lips. [darn camera angle!] Though it looks like Natsuki only sees Shizuru as a close friend at the end, I like to believe eventually she may end up developing romantic feelings once she finally learns more about "love". But that's my wishful thinking. There's tons of fanart and fanfiction to protray this as well.

I guess, it's up to interpretation eh? There's a lot of fanart that show Natsuki and Shizuru kissing... however, I would've thought that Natsuki kissed Shizuru on the cheek. Why? Though Natsuki loves Shizuru as a close friend who was there for her, I don't think Natsuki would've wanted a sexual relationship. By using logic I've kinda deduced that Natsuki wouldn't have kissed Shizuru on the lips due to the past... you know what I'm talking about. ^_^'

Quote by UltraMarineBased on ep 25 near the end, I always thought her feelings of affection for her specific loved one and other friends within her heart enabled her to summon her Child.

Quote by FiremacePsst.. there are not definite answers to that one since the anime does not willing wants to show us the final clue/leak though all points to the word Life. Only close ones. ;) I like your definition. Lol. XD Share share ! XD

Agreed! :D

I'd love to hear the alternatives to what Mai's 'x factor' (yeah, that's what I'm calling for the time being ^_^') was to summon her Child... Kagutsuchi. ;)

Signature Image

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Quote by Zangetsu-ssl
I think in the promo (for those who haven't... it's here) Mai mentions that she will be entering the 1st year of High School for the first time. However, this seems a 'lil weird to me 'coz usually when you're 15 (turning 16) you should be in the 2nd or the 3rd last year of school (in Australia). Anyway, I'll probably do a research into the Japanese school system later.

Correct. Mai is entering her 1st year of High School. It was mentioned in the official R1 Dvd. I guess each country has their age differences within the school system. I don't know enough of it to be sure.

Quote by Zangetsu-ssl
Couldn't it be both? ^_^'
I mean, Natsuki's mother did try to sell her to the Searrs Foundation for research but later her mother sacrafices herself so that she would have a normal life. Because of this... she seeks revenge against the Searrs Foundation for the loss of her mother.

Natsuki never knew her mother tried to sell her to Searrs til much later in the series which then lead her to a path of depression. In her childhood flashbacks and before the cliff accident, it showed nothing but happiness with her mom and dog. After learning the news, she felt betrayed and this was probably the point where she wondered if her mother was seeing her as an experiment/profit before the accident.

As for the Shizuru/Natsuki relationship, their ending in the anime opens to interpretation. The creators probably wanted them to let fans think what we want to believe. I been way too spoiled from reading lots of heartwarming doujinshi to see them just being "friends". X-P

Signature

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Quote by UltraMarineI been way too spoiled from reading lots of heartwarming doujinshi to see them just being "friends".

Lmao, it's what everyone wants to see...

Quote by UltraMarineNatsuki never knew her mother tried to sell her to Searrs til much later in the series which then lead her to a path of depression. In her childhood flashbacks and before the cliff accident, it showed nothing but happiness with her mom and dog. After learning the news, she felt betrayed and this was probably the point where she wondered if her mother was seeing her as an experiment/profit before the accident.

I promise this is the last question I'll ask (I hope XD). So what was Natsuki's 'x-factor' (key or whatever you want to call it... the thing that helped Natsuki summon Duran)?

Signature Image

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Quote: spoilers ahead for anyone who has not watched ep20-26

The following is my interpretation, which most people also think the same.

In the beginning, Natsuki's happy memories of her mother was the key to summon Duran. Then after Smith's revelations that rainy night, Natsuki lost her faith in her, thus no Duran. Eventually, Natsuki regains her love for her mom, but her affections leans much more toward Shizuru.

Shizuru later became Natsuki's key or rather, her "most important person" (MIP). Natsuki realizes who has always been by her side all this time and thus, she was able to summon Duran, a very big Duran. Like something she said in ep 25, "the stronger the feelings for your MIP/loved one, the stronger the Child becomes."

Signature

^ Supports and Greatly supports that. *Salutes* . ;) Ah... the cool quotes, "The Stronger the affection, the stronger the child becomes."

Signature

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Naruhoudou (yeah, my Japanese is bad XD)...

I guess that's all the questions I have to ask for the time being. Thanks everyone for their contribution and help... it was greatly appreciated! :D

Now... I'm gonna move to Mai ZHiME (otome) and start a different thread! ^_^'

By the way, this thread will be revived if anyone else wants to ask any other questions or if I have other questions.

Signature Image

just to let you know though, Natsuki does return Shizuru's feelings at her graduation. It's stated in the artbooks under Shizuru's profile section. During the day of Shizuru's graduation, Natsuki whispered in Shizuru's ear that together happiness will visit them.

And in the novel, "Natsuki Prelude" (also in the artbooks vol 1, 2), it's a backstory of Natsuki and it says while she sent Takeda a rejection note (she thanked him and also apologized for not returning his feelings) she told herself that there was someone's feelings she must accept and that was Shizuru's. She was thinking this after she had a conversation with Sakomizu-sensei. So this is what occurred on the cliff she was standing on in episode 25. This is what the novel explains that occurred. She did admit that she didn't understand this kind of love yet but she would accept Shizuru anyway.

wow this is such a great thread! i think 1st year in hs in japan is like 10th grade in the us. natsuki said she was 17 in the last episode though right? thats a little old for the 10th grade imo. but i guess sophmores are 15/16 anyway.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Please do not bump threads that have not been active in over 4 weeks.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.