Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Just bought Patlabor Limited Edition Movie - Minitokyo

Just bought Patlabor Limited Edition Movie

Tagged under Patlabor: The Mobile Police

page 1 of 1 4 total items

AV-98

AV-98

MKT

Long term Patlabor fan here, Patlabor The Movie being my favourite all time film, yes it's true (some people think it's a bit extreme).

I had the pleasure of owning Patlabor on VHS way back when, and have since worn the tape quite a lot, so I decided to treat myself to the new Limited Edition, Remastered DVD Boxset.

Oh how my excitment has reached new highs, starting the film off and watching the fablous intro with all it's new fangled 5.1 Surround effects, I could tell I was in for a treat, that is until the film started .........

The main problem with my excitment reaching new highs, means it had so much further to free fall. Something about the original film made me fall instantly in love with it, the English dub was good, script had some slang and wasn't dumbed down, it felt quite natural. It was a fabulous mix, but now .... new actors, rewritten script, I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes before turning it off, it sounds like a Saturday morning kids cartoon.

I feel so cheated that it could be "remastered" so badly, has anybody else felt this intense dissapointment or am I the only obsessive Patlabor fan here?

I'm off to lick my mechanically believable wounds. <sob sob>

:(

Signature

Cross the T's and dot the I's

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

Not me, I watch my anime in Japanese with subtitles, so a change in dub script and actors doesn't matter to me at all :P

The Patlabor the Movie LE Collectors Edition (as well the same for Patlabor 2 the Movie) are superb releases.

AV-98

AV-98

MKT

I guess I still haven't learnt my lesson, I shouldn't get attached to the English dubs. I think Patlabor, Dominion and 3x3 Eyes (not the last 3 parts !) are the only English dubs I prefer.

I'l try the Japanese dub, it'll probably be better :D

They're still comparable to todays stuff even 16 years later, a timeless classic.

Signature

Cross the T's and dot the I's

i've seen this anime back when i am in grade school

I am a member of Sakura group

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.