Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gin-iro no Olynssis - New Anime by HISAHI HIRAI! - Minitokyo

Gin-iro no Olynssis - New Anime by HISAHI HIRAI!

page 1 of 1 18 total items

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Yay! This upcoming season sure has lot's of good anime! But one that catch my eyes is GIN-IRO NO OLYNSSIS. The character designer is HISASHI HIRAI. In case you're wondering "who?"... He's the character designer for s.CRY.ed, Soukyuu no Fafner, Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny! I've seen the art.. and it's awesome! The main character, Tokito is a mix of Kazuki (Fafner) and Shinn (GSD). While Tea is like... hmm... Lacus + Neeya (Ryvius)? Tee-heee... And Suzumura Kenichi (Shinn seiyuu) is a seiyuu for Consul. See image below! And..... as usual... Hisashi-sama anime always has a mecha! Olynssis is the name of the mecha.

Hm.... I'm not sure what the story is about. There's no sypnosis at both Anime News Network and AnimeNfo. But, at the top of the official page... I think there's a sypnosis.. in Japanese. Who can translate? X-P

By the way... the first episode will be airing on 5th October! >_< Can't wait! Why? Because I'm a sucker of Hisashi Hirai (and Nakajima Atsuko) art!

Official Sites:
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2623/ginironoolynssisbu4.th.jpg

EDIT:

Quote by KasnFrom AnimeNfo:

AD 3567. The human beings has lost their once civilization, and they are living on the desolated grounds. Although their lives are frightened by Gardener, a mysterious unmanned mobile weapon sent from the moon, strong boys and girls become Gardener hunters to earn daily bread. Furthermore, although the civilization was ruined, because of the high-tech maintenance free technologies, limited functions of cities are still working to support peoples lives. Then, a boy visit to a city opens the door of their destinies.

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

SakuraShirayuki

SakuraShirayuki

Avoidance will annihilate you...

ohhh! interesting!
I'm sure gonna watch it! u_u!

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

i'm a fans of Hisashi Hirai so it looks like i'd watch it XD XD XD

what's the story about?

Pride comes before the fall

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

sweet! something new to watch. I too am a fan of Hisashi Hirai\'s artwork.

From AnimeNfo:

AD 3567. The human beings has lost their once civilization, and they are living on the desolated grounds. Although their lives are frightened by Gardener, a mysterious unmanned mobile weapon sent from the moon, strong boys and girls become Gardener hunters to earn daily bread. Furthermore, although the civilization was ruined, because of the high-tech maintenance free technologies, limited functions of cities are still working to support peoples lives. Then, a boy visit to a city opens the door of their destinies.

I just love Hisashi Hirai characters design. It's on my must see list and I will probably love it like any other of animes where he was characters designer.

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Oh... thanks for the synopsis! When I check on AnimeNfo (before posting this), there's no synopsis yet! Nyaaa!

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

ooh pretty art :) I love the meccha design, so sleek and shiny :)

woah, Tea really does look a lot like Lacus, even her clothing design looks like it's based off Lacus' purple dress.

Consul looks like Cagalli to me (with the hairstyle and all). lol, imagine that, Shinn's seiyuu voicing a character that looks like Cagalli XD ahh, what irony.

I wonder why Hirai-san likes to give his main males leads that hairstyle that Shinn, Kira (somewhat), Kazuki and Ryou have... I haven't seen any Athrun look-alikes as of yet...

well, seems interesting anyway :) thanks for sharing the info!

i love hisashi hirai\'s art, i have watched all the anime shows that he has done the character designs and i cant wait to see this new one, thanks for sharing :)

ZonSlashSykato

ZonSlashSykato

Walking the Path of Darkness

does this mean that gundam seed destiny is going to be closed after special and stargazer?

Signature Image

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

One of them loks liked Lacus, but instead with purple. hair. It seems interesting a little. Thanks for sharing. :D

It almost seems hard for Hirai to design characters that don't borrow from his previous work. I can't look at these characters without seeing Gundam Seed or Scryed. But he's still a great artist!

The anime's gonna deput soon!

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by Missy-KIt almost seems hard for Hirai to design characters that don't borrow from his previous work. I can't look at these characters without seeing Gundam Seed or Scryed

I think that's true for almost every artist. You look at their work, and a lot of their characters tend to look alike in terms of design. That's partly due to the drawing style, so the way the hair, eyes, and face shape are done turn out similar. It's also due to genre and what type of work the artist likes to do. Some artists tend to have a liking to a particular hair style. For example, Miyazaki seems to be fond of that chin-length haircut (like Haku, Howl, Sophie, Princess Mononoke, Ashitaka etc).

It looks really good.I am trying to find out more things about this show,but im getting nothing.
I wonder if its going to be good. He a great artist though.
I love his drawings,and works. He always have mecha in his shows but i don't mind!
But i am a big fan of HISAHI HIRAI, even i don't know much about this show i think it's going to be a very GOOD show! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by ZonSlashSykatodoes this mean that gundam seed destiny is going to be closed after special and stargazer?

Not necessarily. HISAHI HIRAI did Fafner before GSD (if I remember right), then moved on the GSD. So it doesn't technically mean Seed Destiny end after the stargazer, as it has been announced that a movie ending the whole series is planned. I believe he did not do the designs for stargazer.

Quote by MapleRose

Quote by Missy-KIt almost seems hard for Hirai to design characters that don't borrow from his previous work. I can't look at these characters without seeing Gundam Seed or Scryed

I think that's true for almost every artist. You look at their work, and a lot of their characters tend to look alike in terms of design. That's partly due to the drawing style, so the way the hair, eyes, and face shape are done turn out similar. It's also due to genre and what type of work the artist likes to do. Some artists tend to have a liking to a particular hair style. For example, Miyazaki seems to be fond of that chin-length haircut (like Haku, Howl, Sophie, Princess Mononoke, Ashitaka etc).

I should have been more specific. I meant that hairstyles and fashion are alike among the series he's done.

But you've also got a very good point. His hairstyles are among the dominant characteristics of his designs. It is his style, the style we (or most of us) know and love him for.

Have you checked out the anime yet? I've yet to be really really impressed, but I'm giving the show its chance.

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

I've heard that some groups haven't subbed it because the story is unoriginal and crappy that no sane person would sub it, i wish someone would, the anime is sooo good XD

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

wow guys thx for the info...been looking for new anime to watch

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Well, I saw this YouTube video of this anime in my friend Haven's page today. I found it interesting so I check the net for characters' infos and episode summary but I can't seem to find any English versions..all are in Japanese...*disappointed face*

Anyways, I find the characters are somehow a resemblance from GS/D and Sokyuu no Fafner! Does MT had a gallery on this anime?

Tea looks totally like Lacus-sama just with lilac-purple hair and without the hairclip...Her outfit is kinda like Lacus' GS purple dress. She got Meer's somewhat straight hair and Stella's innocent look and boots too. ^_^
Tokito is like a mixture of Shinn and Kira and kinda like Kazuki too.
Consul looks like Cagalli but though with brown hair and a guy.
Misuzu is like mixture of Lacus and Fllay(or somewhat Lunamaria). Her hair is pink just like Lacus and everything else is all on Fllay(Luna).
Serena's hair is like Lacus's hair (tied up) only that it's blonde..in anyways she's somehow a resemblance of Meer..well that's what I think.
And there's also a guy named Gin who looks like Rey. ;)

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.