Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should mercy killing be legalise?if it is whats you opinion? - Minitokyo

Should mercy killing be legalise?if it is whats you opinion?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

I know this is a very serious subject,I want to know what you think,this was an essay topic in school,honestly when I was writing I was sitting on the fence...what do you think?When I finished the essay,I personally disagree with it.If it's already legalise what do you think of it?Mercy killing happens when a person is brain dead and is living on a life support machine,should you kill that person or should you not..In some countries mercy killing is classified as murder and if you did it you'll be sentence to death.

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Just what exactly is a mercy killing?

Signature Image

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

I'll add the meaning in my previous post...I'm sorry about it..

well my opinion i don\'t know if it will be to offencing but here it go\'s well i think that if you\'ll have to live with a life support system really sucks so you can do this ask the person on the life support (if he can talk) or ask the familly. if they don\'t want him/her like that than mercy killing could be acceptable. in my country it\'s legal for doing mercy killing but it\'s all up to the familly.

Personally if it was my wife, close friend or relative I would have to send them on to the next life. I personally don't like to see people suffering when they could be better off not lying in that bed needing machines and things to keep them alive but. If in their will they say that do not wish to die then I would not because he/she wants to stay longer. But I just don't think it is right to just lie doing nothing and barely able to remmeber anyone. I have already told anyone if I end up that way I don't want to stay on life support. Just get it over with. I would not want anyone to see me like that and feel sorry that there is nothing that they can do.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

It was an essay debate question,I was debating with myself,I agree with mercy killing at first for just as you say,it's better to send the person away than to let them suffer..I don't know,I was troubled,but if that person have a chance to live?Miracles do happen you know..

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

If i have to, i cut the line. It\'s because to end their suffering. I don\'t think anyone wants life support for the rest of their life. My opinion

What is it?

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Well, if they are pretty much a vegetable, would it be worth living the rest of their life that way? Also how much of a vegetable they are, i mean if they are totally not there and showing no real response then maybe, but is that really a mercy killing? If its the wishes of the family to take them off life support then there is nothing wrong with that, that is after taking everyhting into consideration.

Maybe under different circumstances say as, out in the battle field, a fellow soldier is badly injured and there is a long way to sufficient medical treatment, thats when it becomes questionable, do you end his life quickly? or wait it out in the slim chance that you may get medical treatment before he dies, even though he is in extreme pain? There could be a chance ot save him, if you use alternate temporary methods.

Signature Image

ephemeral-perpetuity

ephemeral-perpetuity

.:*:. e!ngheL .:*:.

welll... i cant really decide.. we als0 discussed that t0pic at sch0ol... And now i am still not sure of what i think about it.. hmm... may be.. i think i disagree with it.. i kn0w some d0 this t0 save them fr0m anym0re pain.. because i think it really hurts t0 see someone in front of our eyes sufferring.. but it als0 hurts t0 kn0w taht y0ur the one who ask f0r that mercy killing t0 happen.. s0 both hurts.. (mercy killing & no mercy killing) But i think the only one who has the right to take the life of a pers0n.. is the one who gave it.. God.. and besides who kn0ws.. there could be a chance he/she could live... because miracles can happen.. we just need t0 believe and have faith.. :)

reening

Black Passion

Sure. But not everywhere.

When there is a dream, there is a fantasy

FinalFantasyFans

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Only if the person who is suffering lets you then sure but the thing is, life is precious. People tend to violate others and make someone else's life horrible. Anyway, mercy killing isn't that great. It counts as killing but sometimes, the person who is suffering doesn't want to go through it anymore and could ask someone else to do it. Legalize? Well, no.

That is one of the reasons I have a living will. With all my medical problems I figured it was a good idea. I feel if a person is brain dead or i constant suffering and that if they were taken off life suport and would die then I wouldn't be objectionable to a mercy killing. It's either them dying slowely and wasting away or them dying quickly. If the person would just suffer off life suport but still live then they should be made comfortable but not killed unless they decide it's ok or have decided it was befor.

One of my friends aunts didn't have a living will. She got cancer and was suffering and couldn't make consious decisions. My friends grandmother (the patients mother) decided to not doa mercey killing but to pull life suport. It took her 6 days to die of dehydration. I would rather have someone die in 10 seconds that to suffer like that.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Euthanasia (mercy killing) should be legal, but as a last option. As dragonacid16 said, a living will is key in this, because you need to make the decision yourself and articulate it to your family and doctor. Those of you who blather on about the "sanctity of life", how would you like to die for years, eaten alive by cancer while every conceivable machine pumps your heart and lungs, feeds you through needles, and catches your waste? Spending years in considerable pain, even through a drugged haze, is not a pleasant option. It's your decision, you may articulate it, but dying quickly and peacefully on your own decision should be legal, as is suicide.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

I agree with Euthanasia... why do you need to prolong the pain of the person when it will lead to one thing, and you know it, he's going to die...

did any of you read the book Mercy by Julie Garwood...talks about mercy killings from a very different aspect...it really depends...but some sick side of humans always is able to twist things around for our benefit...mercy killings is ok...well you know...he has diabetes and our money...oh yeah and that girl has caner so how about it?...
see what i mean? there is no such thing as mercy...death is death and who are we to judge that death is better for the person...it\'s selfish saying they\'re better off dead cuz deep down, you wanna end your own suffering...admit it...
no offense anyone...just being brutally honest and ruthlessly straightforeward...

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

Mercy killing should not be totally legalise as it will promote people to end their lifes so easily and cheap by someone.

You Get Hand-Gestured!

I think perhaps a set of guidelines could be laid down, so that not everyone is allowed to euthanasia. Say - you get into lots of debts and you think euthanasia is the only solution, but well, it's not, so in this case, it should not be allowed.

But if a person is really suffering, perhaps we could really consider ending their lives earlier, and relieving them of their suffering...

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

i agree with mercy killing. Don't you feel bad seeing people plea to die as their life is just barely there and no hope of recovering?

If a person is brain dead, that person is no longer alive anyway. Instead, that person is a waste of resources.

When I walked into this topic, I was expecting it to be about Euthanasia though. The difference between Euthanasia and your defintion of 'mercy killing' is that in Euthanasia, the person requests to be killed, because s/he is unable to do so. In your scenario, the person is in a coma or something similiar, and is unble to request anything.

Well, I think people should have the choice in Euthanasia. What may be the worst thing for a person is to know that you are dying and you can't do anything but suffer pain.
Some may actually want to strive to the end, but for those who want to finish it (with a sane frame of mind) should be able to do so.

As for Mercy Killing, This could be sketchy. I would say, in an ideal world, if someone is practically dead (unable to think or mobilize themselves in any form) they should be able to rest in peace. But this still may slide near or be stopped by the Euthanasia solution. If they want to live, you would not have their permission to commit Mercy Killing or Euthanasia.

Also Mercy Killing may give conspirator another reason to randomly kill people to silence a movement/solve a problem. But that's the darkest of the dark in terms of this situation.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Euthenasia should never be sanctioned. ...It detracts from the preciousness that life is, and destroys hope for a future chance.

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

Mercy killing is still killing someone. Causing the death of another can never truly be for a good purpose no matter what words you use to wrap around the situation.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

I agree with most of you,no one can really decide,can they?Is either to kill or not to kill,no one can plays God's role...only the God himself can take a life away,but as most of you say it saves someone from suffering...but what if the person craves to live?To live on and maybe just maybe there's a chance to recover...

if someone really did want me to kill them i think i would. if their really that unsatisfied with their life or are in that much suffering then i would and i'd want my friends to do do the same for me if i wanted it..

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.