Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 God's job? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Well, I wanna know what 'god' really does?
Plan what we would have to face?
Punish us for our sins?
Listen to prayers and granting wish?
To make sure we are living happily?

And, what do we mean to them?
Their servants?
Their creation?
Their entertainer?
Their children?

What do YOU think?

"Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak. It just means that you are strong enough to let go."

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

God;s job is to punish people who don't follow all his random commandments (kill the gays, kill those who work on sabbath, kill those who insult their parents, enslave people, etc) to an eternity of hell. He's also responsible for all the things we can't explain and shouldn't attempt to. Gravity? Goddidit! Earth? Goddidit! Radioactive decay? Goddidit! Bermuda Triangle? Goddidit! And his function isn't to answer prayers (since all those people who pray to win the loto are very disappointed), so prayers are god's way of having a laugh at our expense. And god's function is certainly not to ensure we live happily, since there are so many wars. Rather, god's function is to test us, for no particular reason whatoever, and test us again, and again, until people lose faith and then he can send them to hell. Oh, and he also plants fossils and fakes carbon dating and stuff so that the earth only looks really old. But it's really six thousand years old, like the bible said.
Praise god.

[/sarcasm] God doesn't exist. The bible is ridden with contradictions, lies, and false info. No one punishes us, no one watches over us, so we should live our lives at the best of our morals without expecting some mythical recompense in the end.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

I like how tobiast put it. "...god's function is to test us, for no particular reason whatoever, and test us again, and again, until people lose faith and then he can send them to hell."

I don't believe in god either. Not all our prayers are granted, not all of us are living happily. That's just the matter of your perspective and attitude.

Well i can say im kind of dont belive on god...at least not as you belive. Why? well, its because every one creates his own ideal god and every one has their different opinions... when they agreed then religions appear, and then oprssion, persecution, intolerance... for me, stop worring about what its god, and what we are for him, and start worring what you are for you, what you are for human kind.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.