What do you take for granted that you now regret?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Cancel

So the idea is for me to ask you, what have you taken for granted in these years that you live that you are now regretting? Whether it be Granpa when he is still alive, or a neglected motherly love you never provide to your child, or something you kept close when you had it and wasted it when it was out of style... say... Pokemon cards.

So I will tell you a touching story of my own, and then of course, in return, tell me yours and we will share a few emo moments. (LOL!)

I was 14 at the time and lived in a neighbourhood beside the river, I needed tuition cause my english was very bad (which is no longer apparent) and there was this oppurtunity, a war veteran from the second world war, Mr Jennings (name fabricated in order to protect his identity), was kind enough to offer me that chance, he was at the time 68 years old.

We spent weeks together and I got to know him very well and under his watchful eyes, he replaced a fatherly image that I almost am certainly (even now) do not feel from my own father. He helped me through this crisis and I passed with flying colors. Eventually, I graduated from his help and classes and I was a person of my own, I became in school the person of everyone's envy.

One day, he asked me if I could accompany him to a nearby grocery store to take some things, and then I would walk him back to his home, but then, I was busy, and had a lot of homework that was long overdue.
So I declined this offer to be with him, even as a sign of thanks and appreciation that I could have given.

Along the day, it was evening by then, I received news that he has died of a heart seizure, and was having difficulties breathing earlier of the month.

Now don't get me wrong, at the time, I noticed that he had a problem with breathing, and his hands are always on his chest, as if uncertain when he heart will take to its feet and run from his body. I broke down when I heard the news, and before I had the chance to cry, I was taken to the hospital, where doctors have pronouced him dead.

So I saw on his face, now no longer in pain as silence claimed him from me, his teachings now no longer an echo of a friendly reminder, but a voice from a past that I have neglected to care for. I realized just how much I missed the oppurtunity to show him my oppurtunity, when I could have given him a cup of tea, a help with the grocery store trip he makes every week, a bit of cleaning of the house since he lives alone.

I realized I missed much of our teacher and student conversations, where after each lesson, he would relive his war days and of his comrades and how the world was aflame with incessant clamor of war and tragedy, and all those events that are building blocks of his life and person.

I realized.... I didn't knew him well, not enough when he was so close. Never did I regretted more before in my life. and I realized that I have for the first time, taken something for granted so much, I grasped the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

So tell me, what have you taken for granted lately?
Have you taken a chance today to say thanks to your mother/ father/ immediate family/ foster family/ teacher/ friends/ comrade/ partner/ soul mate?

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

bj0rn

bj0rn

Apostle Of Fate

Cancel

i've taken my money for granted.. T_T GIMME BACK MY MONEY!

Signature

fluke

fluke

Part-time Vector Artist

Cancel

Wow dude you are gonna make my cry, sad story my man. Hmmm...I can think of 2 things I would say...my first dog is one. I was very young when we first picked him up and as such didn't know how to properly care for one, and my father was DEFINETLY not a person to care for a dog...atleast not this one for some reason, he would hit the dog pretty hard or even kick at him...unfortunatly that was something at a young age I picked up on. I did however begin to realize as I grew older this in fact was not the proper way to treat him, as of course he was my best friend. Now he lived for several years after this, but I regret having wasted so much time mistreating him at the begining because I still miss him to this day.

The second one...I'd say is my Grandpa. Now it's not a real sad story or anything, Grandpa to me was the typical grandfather, so I wasn't really all that close but I always liked to be around him. Funniest thing about him was at his age he still loved watching cartoons that was awesome hehe. Well like I said nothing super sad or anything but I was just gonna say even tho he has been gone now for 11 years I can still remember EXACTLY what he looks like and I even dream of him to this day, I find it rather remarkable...it's like he's still here at times.

Well there's my emo stories :)

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

Cancel

i would take a couple or few things for granted...
First of them, is my Teenage years!
I have worked my ass off then past 9 years, like no one ever did! its not that it was for someone else, but it was for the family business. However, it took 9 years to manage it.
People used to walk in at my work place, (people my age), make fun of me, and go out! I used to sometimes hit my head to the wall, and cry! but then, i realized that if i work really hard now, i won't have to do so tomorrow!
However, even though i have thought such a thing, a person shouldn't work at any case at young age.
I think that right after you finish University, be it Diploma, Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D's, then one should work. Other than that or before that, One should live life to its fullest! Engage in various activities, meet alot of people, do everything one would think of!
That's one.
The second thing, is my Family! (not my parents/brothers/sisters, These are what you can say, everything to me right now!)
Like Uncles, Aunts, Cousins from both Father & Mother's side. They have had alot of conflicts and problems with my Father & Mother (both sides), which has led even to my cousins thinking the same way! There were various tries to connect with at least the cousins, but due to parent's talks, it was useless! It really hurts when i say: "I don't have a family other than my small family!" I really wish that such a thing didn't exist, and that the family would re-unite sum time!
One last thing...is "my life". Due to being not very social during my "teenage" years, it has lead to creating a silent Lion inside of me! whenever i'm around people, i don't talk unless someone asks me to! However, when i reach home, i'm a totally different person (sometimes, it really depends on the mood!)!

Even while typing all that, i hate to Reminisence!

Sorry for taking too long, but DD-sempai talked much about it too, so i took advantage ^_^

Thanx for allowing me to post here ;)
======================
Leo

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

Cancel

lol..your bad english is still apparent..how do u spell opportunity? ;D
that's really sad what you wrote. Erm..let's see..what have I taken for granted? >_>
Well, there was this friend whom I thought was kinda irritating at first until I blew him off and I really regret that now as we drifted apart. Ok, I can't go any longer, I'm starting to hate myself again. B*tch.

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

Cancel

Wow, really seeing this makes me try to reflect on anything I've taken forgranted...of course the obvious of parents but also my dog...
She was with my grandma and when she died I was heartbroken...of course my grandmother wasn't able to bury my dog by herself, so I did it (even more of a heartbreak...) and the various horses I've always known and ridden on when I was but a child are starting to die...and sort of makes me sad that I never got the chance to have my dad teach me how to ride them when he had the time...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

• Sep 25, 2006

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

Cancel

regret...hahaha...man o man...if there's on thing i regret it's the person i am now due to my family's cruel whispers and friends' constant mocking...yeah i was a young innocent cheerful girl who used to feed sugar to ants, but now..screw the ants, do i look like i have time? i used to cry at the end of a movie be it happy or sad...now? he dies...loools...that was some funny joke...happy ending now that is what i call LAME...love is an illusion created by the weak to survive...i am not weak...right? soni regret who i am...what i have become...i regret the sincere smiles and the jokes...which are now replaced by bitterness and sarcasm...well at least i don't hurt anyone's feelings since i was there and it wasn't the least bit funny regardles of how it seems...

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

• Sep 30, 2006

pentsive

pentsive

Rawr

Cancel

Parents love here. My parents put me under hard scrutiny not to mess up in highschool or college(now). I used to always think it was some kind of an annoyance but then i kind of found out that they were just watching out for me not to mess up. Thoguth they were just doing this so that they can brag to other family members that their son went to college but actually it's so i can have a good life. The braggin to them is kind of a throw in but my success in life to them, i think, is what matters to them the most

Down it Down!

• Sep 30, 2006

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Cancel

life

-repeat-

• Oct 01, 2006
Cancel

I take alot for granted. Most of the time I would regret it all after it disappears.. some of the things I take for granted is my parents, relationships, pets, and I'd say...sometimes my friends. I dont have money at this point to spend (plus I dont spend money whether they're mine or not).

Some People say that I'm a goody good for my own self..Is that true?

• Oct 01, 2006

heero12

heero12

the fallen

Cancel

I dont regret anything right now, I think thats the only way you can keep a postive outlook on life, its to stop looking back at the past. But... I know every time I sprain my ankle or something I realize what a gigantic pain in the ass it is and feel like I take the simple things for granted like... walking, simple but alot of fun, especially if you cant do it

no regrets for a believer

• Oct 01, 2006

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.