Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About scans rewarded with credits... - Minitokyo

About scans rewarded with credits...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

I find it's a great idea! I'm a member contributing only with scans (I've got zero skills in walling/drawing/CGing...), so it's a great thing to me.
I just wanted to ask if comments and favs will still give you credits or not. That's my little curiosity so I'm waiting for mods to explain this. Thanx in advance =)

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

yes they do :) did you notice an actual increase in credits yet? (just for verification)

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Well, I just can't answer you cause I have the "Credit amount will only show when less than 256." thingy, so I don't really know ^_^'
However this is a great thing, so big thanx Mr.Admin!

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

hmm, I noticed that yesterday... but I wonder, won't some people just start submitting random scans just to get credits?

When a scan is deleted the rewarded credits are removed, so even if someone spams the gallery with duplicates or poor quality items they will not come away with anything but a warning, so don't worry about abuse.

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

Quote by LordWeWhen a scan is deleted the rewarded credits are removed, so even if someone spams the gallery with duplicates or poor quality items they will not come away with anything but a warning, so don't worry about abuse.

Yea i am very much afraid of that... i guess this is a way to help newbies get extra credits... although i dont really have an objection to it.... i also feel that this might give a negative effect to the forum... more will not participate in discussion.. (although i am not saying that it is entirely a bad thing ;) helps eliminate the Fav and list threads)

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Quote by MapleRosehmm, I noticed that yesterday... but I wonder, won't some people just start submitting random scans just to get credits?

I don't think mods will allow that. Scans and art submissions are constantly scanned and the crap will always be deleted ;)
Removal of credits in case of a deletion is a *great* thing! This could be the True Justice XD

Signature

^ Hmm.... That only serve as an amplifier for Frustrations and lots of PMs to the abusers from the Admins' and Mods. Still.... a change is better than none at all. :)

I think it's a innovative ideal although that can be improve if we as fellow MT members, can do our part to educate fellow MTers on the current issue. To overcome the greater threat `cause i believe its' a shifty thingie given MT is divided between Forum/Reviews and Gallery/Resource.

Pros: Killing 2 birds with one stone.

One : Prevent Abusers and Leechers.
Two: Show Creativity, Participation and educate new members.

Cons: More Database Work
More Time ( End up been Mouse Potato)
Long run, Leechers will still have the upperhand by posting short comments. (Psychologically)

The point now is, how to tackle that from the larger picture. Hmm... ideas ? ;)

Before i forget, THanks Sheqel. ;) It's been hard on ya. (Mantainace) :)

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Firemace, we're talking about credits given to people who post scans that follow rules and won't be deleted... I don't really get what's the deal with people that only participate in forums.
And what's wrong with a new flow of scans as long as they're of a good quality and useful for wallpapers? I don't really get you... Maybe you're saying that it's obvious that people won't follow the rules? :nya:

Signature

I think it's a great idea. I had noticed that lot of scans don't seem to have even few comments... more due because they are not from famous series so it could have perhaps discouraged people to upload scans if they didn't even earn back the credits they had used to upload.

But I think it's confusing to see that some of the artworks created by the MT members are in the Scans category because they are scanned (I suppose they are because of that) and not in the Indie Category.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Quote by kayurachanFiremace, we're talking about credits given to people who post scans that follow rules and won't be deleted... I don't really get what's the deal with people that only participate in forums.
And what's wrong with a new flow of scans as long as they're of a good quality and useful for wallpapers? I don't really get you... Maybe you're saying that it's obvious that people won't follow the rules? :nya:

Precisely. It's about the ppl who can break the system. And people who don't follow the rules. Why.. you read my mind really fast. :D Plus point for you.

For your info, crediting is good. :D Very.

I didn't say anything about good quality scans nor submissions. I am saying in the future, leechers can still dominate the system and things will get hairy for all and everyone here since the amt of work for the admins and mods will overflow like an oversized barrel if no one is doing the Educating part for new and ignorant members of the community. I am stating the inevitable, not getting work up and abit side-tracked. Rest assure, you got your point. I 'm just saying, have anyone thought of what may happen (cause and effect), if no one here, as fellow members, mantain the current pace of policing the policy of the new change.

[An interesting fact] 50 % of the new members who posted in introductions on Forum that i know of, adhere to what the Elder and helpful existing members replied. X-P Well, roughly. :hmpf: From my observations. (In and out of MT)

As i had mentioned earlier, it is a great idea. Only if we take effort to mantain them.

I don't mean to contradict everyone. I was side-tracked. Sorry. ;) *Shrugs*

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

There will always be leechers no matter what. There's simply nothing we can do about that.

However this new creds for scans was implemented to foster greater submissions of scans. We are in essence trying to get the scans we lost back faster.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

it's truly the first time i've seen so much scans been uploaded in just one day T__T .....half a dozen pages >_<
i wonder if there's any limit uploading 'em T__T

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

that's great =D the more the merrier

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Firemace: don't worry, I got your point now, and I apologize if I was a bit... er... unpolite? :nya:
What I have to say is that mods and admins know what they're doing. I mean, you can submit up to 10 gallery items a day (if I'm not wrong), which is the double amount comparing to past rules. I suppose mods are ready to front the flow of a huge amount of scans... if not, then why do all this changes?
That's what I wanted to say =)

Quote by Sheqelthat's great =D the more the merrier

LOL I couldn't help but laugh when I read this post XD
You're funny, Mr.Admin!

Signature

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Quote by noloveit's truly the first time i've seen so much scans been uploaded in just one day T__T .....half a dozen pages >_<
i wonder if there's any limit uploading 'em T__T

From the looks of it they dont seem to have a credit limit... you can upload more than 5 but i never tried over 10.. although i am positive that there isnt a credit limit..

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.