Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vector Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite - Minitokyo

Vector Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite

page 1 of 1 13 total items

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

I'm near the end of a complex vector project that has taken me two months to complete. However, I'm stuck and I have no idea where to progress from here. The links to the project are below.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3158/pastportraitvectorpy5.th.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3696/past32bt3.th.png

I've considered using the stroke path tool to outline the prominent edges of her hair and face, but whenever I start doing that it looks really bad to me. I have a tutorial on doing these sorts of vectors, but my artistic flair seems to be failing me. Suggestions?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

There's nothing wrong with the vector you have now lol. It's just that you've taken a liking to the cell shading kind of way of vectoring rather than line vector.
If you really want the lines, they don't have to be black or anything. And you don't have to stroke path them either :P They can be filled path chunks thin like lines but with a bit of a wobble (so it looks like a brush has been swept across it, instead of a regulated pixel thickness line which is less organic) :)

Have a try and see~ if you don't like it, at least you experimented ;) Great work!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

nice work! I like the un-outlined look. It looks finished to me, unless you want to give it a fancier background...

oh, on closer inspection, you may want to add a bit of shading to her shirt (to define the folds like it did on the screencap) :)

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Really nicely done! I like the line-free look. You did an excellent job with the ring of flowers in her hair and the shading looks great. I agree with MapleRose on the shirt. Excellent work!

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

Okay, cool. I'll try out those shading techniques on her cloak tomorrow. It shouldn't be too difficult.

By the by, I'm interested in making this into a wallpaper. Should I stick with vectored styles for any new objects I add? Or should I go with a large texture?

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

hmm, for the background, I think you should just stick to the vectored style, maybe add some overlaying textures or something, but nothing too fancy or too much, because your vector is taking up a lot of space, there isn't that much room for other details. Maybe some clouds or flames in the background like the screencap? but not too many brushes or sparkles. anyway, something simple would better compliment your vector. :)

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

Okay, I've worked a background into the vector. However, it's just a screencap. I'm currently working on a brushed wallpaper to make it look sharper, but I'm wondering if I should make it vectored like the foreground. Any comments or ideas?

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2852/pastwpsmalley9.th.jpg

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Actually to my opinion i would prefer the vector more visible then being hindered by the background... anyway i was wondering if you could give a larger view cause there is something i would like to see in detail the wallpaper more ^_^ but i feel you need to improve on the clouds and water a little more if you want to submit it as a wallpaper...

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

MarlinWahoo

MarlinWahoo

Lord of the Roc

Here are three versions of the original concept.

http://141.219.230.122/Enpatsu/

Personally, I like the blended look of the original. I think it has a good flow with the sky and it also looks really dreamy. However, some of my friends have made the same comment as you, asinine. I'll try to change the concept a little more to make it clearer. ^_^

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

it's not a bad wall. the vector is nice. but Shana and Wihelmina look extremely blurry, so you might want to do something about that. And i don't think you should warp the text or whatever you did to it.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

i prefer your vector with a simple bg personally.

like this:
http://premium1.uploadit.org/LordDream//ima.jpg

note: i used the magic wand there as im pressed for time.
this vector is damn good- btw

and keep your sig to one line from the left. never ever 2 lines.

keroandsuppy

keroandsuppy

Manga Freak~!!!!! Maniac~*

Pretty good ^_^ Although in the background, it looked kind of weird...

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

yeah I agree with DREAM, that it looks better simple, except maybe use a gradient and variations of colour instead of solid colour.

The sunset idea is nice, but you're losing the quality of the vector by having it ghosted on like that, not to mention having those two characters there are distracting and unneccessary...

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.