Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ecchi is it so bad - Minitokyo

ecchi is it so bad

Tagged under DearS

is ecchi bad

yes
14 votes
no
124 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

comzcat

comzcat

Love ecchi related things

:nya: is ecchi reall that bad?

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Well Ecchi does not = hentai....
Ecchi is just pictures of female anime characters... so why should it be bad? although some might stand in such provocative and sexual manner.... there are a larger few that are just anime images for us to see.... and Ecchi's purpose is to be attractive and artisticly made for other anime lovers to see.. thus it tends to look abit implicit..

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

I agree with everything he says.
Ecchi by nature is not "bad". Ecchi comes from the Japanese word etchi. The nuance of the word ecchi varies with context, but in general the word itself is comparable in nuance to the English words "naughty" or "dirty" (when used as an adjective).

In English the term ecchi is applied to anime or manga that has vague sexual content but does not show sexual intercourse. In this way I don't see anything wrong with it.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

comzcat

comzcat

ohh I see but I guess it depends all on your point of view though, thanks anyways.

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

nothing wrong with ecchi. it's just showing sexy girls and nothing more explicit than that. i won't ever rate it 'parents advisory needed' label.

in putting myself to the shoes of whoever thinks it negatively, from the first glance, it's about scantily-clad girls: "oh, they look sexy, so it must be something to do with sexuality....it's gonna make guys think of girls as sex objects...bad stuff....better censor it...,"

but the rational fact remains.....it needs one to have a far-sighted mind to believe it: "it's just a feminine expression...if guys can flaunt their sexy chests, butts, and so on....why can't girls do so?" sexuality is not all negative, never ever label sex with sin. only when it brings side-effect to the other party then only it touches the morality button *there goes the alarm~*

so, in short, ecchi is not all bad. that's all. thank you~

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(...)
Echii is one of the great things that makes anime so great! i mean, when in real life would you get the chance to see some of the echii you see in anime? almost nothing!

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

We need the "ecchi is bad" picture in here now.
No, I don't think it bad. Now some form of hentai on the other hand...

Learning little by little.
Signature

comzcat

comzcat

lol ecchi rocks

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

Ecchi is awesome in fact it's the bases for alot of great anime series. like DearS, CHOBITS, and so on Ecchi Rules. ;)

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

ecchi is good, to certain levels anyway :p

Ikki tousen has heaps of it, panty shots and whatnot galore. there is a point where ecchi is bordering to hentai and im sure there are some series out there that push it to that level

but as long as its used moderately, then its all good, as its a good form of entertainment at times :p

Signature Image

I'm a man. And really enjoy ecchi drawings. Some are really master pieces. But, ecchi as an anime genre is something i don't like that much.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i dont really look for ecchi genre, more of a comedy series with ecchi mixed with it is something that i like watching,b ut it doesnt have to have ecchi to be funny of course

Signature Image

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

In my opinion, ecchi is nothing bad. I can watch an anime with ecchi, sometimes it's used in humour, but other times it may be too much. So they need to balance it out, often times it's done in comedy genre. You have to know, most people doing animation are perverted in some way, so they find it tempting to give some fanservice in the series.

But it's quite okay for the most part, as long as it's not overdone.

How can sexy pictures of anime characters be a bad thing?

pentsive

pentsive

Rawr

It really isn't such a bad thing. I think that ecchi is what makes me love some anime characters because what they do might be considered ecchi but kind of funny at the same time. I cannot explain it but ecchi is definately not a bad thing. It adds in an explosive factor into anime IMO :)

Down it Down!

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

u gotta understand, its an art!

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

its not taht bad cmon. After all, it is art because an artist made it!

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

ecchi, on the other way, is part of human nature. it just means 'naughty' in japanese, not 'sex maniac'.

"part of human nature?!" yeah, have you ever not uttered a single sexual remark before in your life? at least it doesn't involve hardcore stuff. hardcore contains violence, so automatically that's bad.

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

ooops i clicked yes by mistake. im a huge fan of ecchi. love it. i have so many ecchi pictures i think 1/4 of my computers space is taken by all my ecchi pictures. ECCHI ROCKS!

ecchi freakin' rules and i see no reason anyone should be freaked out by it. Some people bring up the whole issue of how can a cartoon character get you goin', so to speak. People have been 'getting off', not literally in this instance (dirty minds....). What did humans do before the age of photography? Yes, exactly that. You should really see some of the frescoes that were on the walls of Roman houses, and in many other places throughout history the world over. Even in the early 20th century, with the army boy's love of pinup girls, Bettie Page and the like. All it is is a modern form of the classic pinup girl. Really i could write a thesis on this stuff. Ecchi definately gets my 'no' as far as being a bad thing

Ecchi comes from our sexuality. It's natural and healthy when it comes in right dose. There's a lot of ecchi situations in real life. Art comes from life. Why manga and anime should be different? Sexually healthy people shouldn't find something offensive in well put ecchi.
The same applies to some hentai mangas and animes.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

my nickname in highschool was ecchi...all the girls called me it...it's not like i did that stuff on purpose! it was an accident! Oh and I think it rules

there's nothing wrong with ecchi; it can even be considered as art itself but I do think it's quite shocking for some people as it's a little bit related to hentai..overall, it's ok as long as people doesn't abuse it.

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Without ecchi is lack of reality.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.