Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 This world, 50 years later - Minitokyo

This world, 50 years later

Can this world be better?

Yes, of course!
59 votes
No
33 votes
I don't care
14 votes
Can't really tell...
50 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 132 total items

Lots of shit happening. What will happen next is no longer clear.

can't really tell

that the only answer i can give. I'm hoping that in the future this world can have an absolute peace. But when i think about wars and everything that keep on going....i seriously dont know what to say

by the time i think i really dead...
so i will leave it to my next generation....
for now got to enjoy!

dont know...
seeing what would happen is kind of dificult but i think that maybe we would blow up our selfs...

himura088

himura088

~Smile

If all governments commit to reducing pollution, for eg. by signing and commiting to the Kyoto protocol to minimise the release of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, which leads to global warming, causing more frequent and more extreme weathers, the world might have a better future.

cant really tell, if our world will turn to its better or worst,..
but i strongly believe it would turn to its worst point,..
example:
we have a lot of endangered species
global warning
kids taking drugs at an early age
but i do strongly hope our world will be a better place for you and for me XD

it's like a topic on my writing test! i think there will be a WW3 and hmmm... people will find out how to stop aIDS, cancer and sARS

T i m e F L Y S ~ b y

Kazakian

Memetic Legacy

i really want to think that this world in 50 years time would be a better one. I base my decision on the fact that in 50 years time most of our petrol will be gone so we will so more pollution-free machines instead of petrol based cars or machines like that. also the culture seems to be advancing so i have a pretty good view on the world 50 yesrs from now.

MrKarl

MrKarl

From the ashes, reborn.

I'm thinking this could go either way at this point.

<- Negative (Bad ending):

Someone decides nukes are fun and blows the world to oblivion (not the game, that would be sweet though). The world turns to dust and we're f*cked basically. Yay! Humanity!

-> Positive (Good ending):

Technology and intelligence prevail! We fix up the ozone holes, get rid of the pollution and air condition the world, cure all disease and yay. Everything will be shiny and sugarful. Now just think about that for a second....Nice place, huh?

If you answered yes, please pay attention for just a little longer.
This isn't something thats going to happen the way the world is heading. That is a very bad thing.
I need to call in a favour from everyone. Treat people with respect and love and peace and stuff and help me make a better world. Stop the hate! We don't need more guns in the world if we all cared about each other. And maybe polish something...We need shiny things.

What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

No matter technology, no matter weather changes:

It WILL be better IF we recognize that, BEYOND AND AGAINST what ever our stupid politics and goverments do, WE RECOGNIZE THAT CARING AND HELPING OTHER PEOPLE, INSTEAD OF IGNORING THE PROBLEMS AROUND US IS ESENTIAL FOR HUMANITY'S SURVIVAL.

It may sound that is little what one can do against all the evil in the world, but if WE DON'T DO EVEN THE SMALLEST GOOD THINGS, then we are lost.

Skeclipse

Eclipse d'Shadow

this planet after 50 years i dont see it very pink...the polution is so big and the weather is geting worse, its like summer in the winter time, i dont whant to be pesimist but if mankind wont stop using nature and destroing it so much maybe this planet will get better

ang3llove

ang3llove

Only L0ve ~ smtOwn

Seriously... I DO NOT see our world as it is shown in Futurama or Star Wars. That will never happen.
True, technology will increase and perhaps weather but I'll be so surprised if the government stops taking so much money and taxes stop and NO gst.!
Our world is slowly evolving, its just us, as citizens, that matters. IT's how we see the world, we judge it ourselves. If you luv it as it is, fine but if u still think it sux, well too bad.

Can't tell. We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves

animekikyoustormelissa

animekikyoustormelissa

~Most Impossiblites Are Reality

wow so many......... replys it took me an hour to read all of them
i think i agree that. -
Earth is dying i know that we're all going to die before 90 but what about the next Generation.
Im upset that, the world's Inhabitants (Humans) is growing so fast. People are forgetting health and the Health of the Planet we are living on. Its so sad. I mean i do try to give the planet the best. But there's so many people doing bad that i sometimes cry.

now that you mention it I'm seriously starting to wonder if this world will last that long

so much turmoil I cant really tell anymore but I'm hoping for the better nonetheless

Signature Image

Industrial revolution does not mean the world is going to get better....
Even the fact you are asking the question shows how selfish people are.
They only count the economical value when the environment is totally being destroyed
If it keeps going like this, global warming, CO2 level increase etc, many of the cities will be underwater and the population will increase to almost 10 billion, and the heat level will keep increasing in 50 years.... Is that kind of world really better?

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

People will remain the same because history always have a way of repeating it self. Technology will be the only change 50 years from now.

Actually the world will be gone after 50 years. Do take care the environment now! Before the earth is completely destroy.

No
Of course it has better side but generally, it's not good for me. Just like you say, people will forget their original culture and their culture will be mixed up. Right now, we can see other countries try to be like America in some ways. And I treasure traditions so I don't like that to happen. And how can people live healthily if global warming continues to happen. And the technology is advancing now, it will be no wonder that the human will become more and more robotic in the future. Right now you can see people live in a unnatural way. And what about nature, more place for humans to live means the destruction of the environment. That would be very bad too

B5Freak

B5Freak

Old Skool

I'm just going to say simply, "The more things change, the more they stay the same". Oh yes, technology will advance for sure, but people and human nature, on the other hand, have a tendency to change more slowly.

Signature

Visit B5Freak's Graphics Grotto to see all my work.

Medicine will be beyond anything we can fathom. Self Regeneration, mechanized implants, organ growing machines etc. Technology will always remain at a current progression barring some amazing discovery. But medicine will be beyond all other fields. Also, i hope that quantum physics will move out of the pseudo-science category and into the normal realm of accepted and trusted science.

??

I think some things will be good in 50 years later and some wont, lets say techonology, that will be very good, even if we will run out of fuel, I am sure someone will come up with something to replace it

We can't really tell. For example, if majority of the world's population continue not doing anything about global warming, we are doomed. But we never know.

Quote by LichkingLooking at the people now, the cultural revolution is advancing at a quick pace. The people is starting to forget their country's unique culture and living in a "globalized community". The technology also advancing quickly. We can built things that is impossible in the past.

If this continue, 50 years later we might have a world without any diffrenences, and all of the diffrences will be a pure history, which will eventually be forgotten.

I seriously doubt all of the above. History will not be forgotten unless people are forced to "forget," in which case it's possible. I don't think cultural differences will disappear in fifty years, but I don't think they'll last forever either (at least not the traditional differences between different countries).

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 132 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.