Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 This world, 50 years later - Minitokyo

This world, 50 years later

Can this world be better?

Yes, of course!
59 votes
No
33 votes
I don't care
14 votes
Can't really tell...
50 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 132 total items

The world will not change so much in next few 50 years since we can not image that in our heads now!

Like something done by our parients.

But war is coming soon...

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

The world is hanging on a thin balance. The next 50 years would either have a good or bad outcome.
But generally, it would be a better place to live in, once we get over this "war on terrorism" transition period.

RoninOtakuKnight

RoninOtakuKnight

Strength & Honor

yes i think it will get better, but lets not get whimsical here logically things will fall into place and advances will be made, and culture, although be it may in the beginning of global asimilation, human intuitive will counter that to protect identities around the world, just like an endangered species. I just will more would be spent on civilian, sport aeronautics, space programs (lets face it earth has an expiration date of 20Billion years give or take a millenia) , than Depleted Uranium Warheads (WMD), weapons of minute destruction are ok for a policing force, not an invading army(ies).

In short let our minds guide us into the future, and always keep the memories of the past in our hearts.

God is in Heaven and all is right with the world...
-NERV

to be honest its very even yet leaning towards the bad side =/....
unless someone comes up with something more preserving of the environment ( in every way... ) then we will shoot towards the positive side =)

i really don't see any major changes from the current state. i remember a old movie that gave an idea of the world in 2000 and the said they will have flying cars etc. very funny how things didn't change much since then

Water will be the new oil, we'll be completely out of seafood to eat, the polar bears will be gone, and minimum wage will still probably be way too low.

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

I'll be sixty two, probably a grandmother, a house near the Costa de la Luz and a monthly pension that I will still spend on anime.^^ Seriously though, I think that fifty years from now we'll be mining on the moon, drowning in pollution, still having problems with the middle east and the former Yugoslavia, Hunger in Africa, racism in the Americas and here in Spain, but there will be more hi end pcs, cell phones i-pods and the like. I mean, our progress has always been on the commercial side of things ain't it?

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

People are making their life more and more comfortable, more and more easy, so they will become more and more lazy. But this is the aim of people, so the world will be better.

Wow~
That's a good question..
50 years lateR? Hmm..
Ppl will definitely be lazy like pigs.. Lolz
Environment? I bet it'll get too dirty & polluted for anyone to have any health activities outdoors anyway..
Politically I feel the world will have already plunged into chaos by that time..
Well,That's my personal opinion.. =D

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
Signature

Komaka

Komaka

Aoi Hime

2 possibilities in my oppinion :

1)The world will get better in technology and any science related things,making human life even more easier.
2)The world will lost another half of its island due to the rise of sea water level because of global warming which result in chaos because there aren't enough land for human needs.

merged: 10-20-2007 ~ 10:21pm

1)The world will get better in technology and any science related things,making human life even more easier.
2)The world will lost another half of its island due to the rise of sea water level because of global warming which result in chaos because there aren't enough land for human needs.

merged: 10-20-2007 ~ 10:21pm

50 years later...well...usually I don't know what I'll be doing one week ahead, not to mention 50 years...
but well...let's try... the way I see it, which may consist in quite a dark opinion, the world might not be as "peachy". the way people treat it now...with all this "carpe diem" attitude induced by society, the future doesen't look that bright. I am affraid that all this green-eco-attitude of the high ranked people, such as politicians and even the hollywood stars is a fashion trend...I hope it's not that...I really do hope...but a scent of fear can't be denied.
for example, I see people in my country...their attitude couldn't be worse (many of them are like this)...a road is being fixed...so they cut all the trees and the residents of that street say it's ok to cut the trees, because this way they'll have more space to park their cars...WHAT?!?!?!? and the oxigen?!? and it's like that in many situations...people don't care about anything that does not concern their imediat well-being...not realising that trees and green spaces/nature IS their well being...
and when they'll complain that it's too hot and there is no shadows to hide at, or any place to cool one's self...oh well...
with all the technology, oxygen can't be artificially reproduced and it's the MAIN source for life...
I sincerlly, do hope, that someone will make a wake-up call and everyone will open their eyes and see how simple and good life can be...and stop complicate it uselesly...
I could go on and on about this...
(I appologise if I was too hars in my post...It was not my intention...:) ...)

from my point of view: technology will be very advanced 50 years. but in progress we cause more damage to this world. But if our technology is environment friendly I think we can minimize the damage to this world

50 years later should be better, I mean unless there was Catastrophic failure or something like an alien invasion or a comet destroys the planet, it should be better. Even if we run out of gas/oil we will find a new source or figure something else like using more electric to replace it. Our civilisation is always striving to improve whether its the standard of life or just something simple. Its true that in 50 years its hard to tell if anything will be better. I bet in the 1900s nobody would even think a TV would be possible. But hey its everywhere and still improving as now, from black and white to colour to HD and in 50 years maybe something better will be there.

yes

the world would be much bettr 50 years later because human always wants to get better...fufufu...but, that's the opinion of a human being...mother nature would not agree anyway...

50 years are not enough to stop the war, but the world would be better by the technology i hope :)

Depends. I think nature will be worse off.
Countries wunt form a united front to deal with it. It will continue with the same lame ass paper signing at some place with major countries not cooperating, finger pointing, cant be bothered, sign for the sake of signing, minimal compromise.
Because govts know full knowledge that after the crisis is over, its back to power struggle. No one wants to give out its full.

As long as truly revolutionary technology that would turn the world for the better doesnt get developed. Afterall, in humanity's technological history, those things that really change the world big time comes in a 100yrs. (no kidding)

And our population will hit 10 billion by then anyway. Its what i call the passing of the "limit of life". Massive dead numbers. (I personally think it already been reached, but not critical yet)

If nature doesnt ruin us

Yes it can be better. If a celestial rock kills us all. I think humanity shuld be replaced. There's gotta be something else far more responsible than us.

Now that I think of it, the technology might improve, but our planet earth is failing us...

super-anime-fan

super-anime-fan

Archangel of Might

It might not be planet Earth failing us but us failing planet Earth

Vivaldi

We'll let time decide

Krow666 thinks that it will be like Planetarian...

i dun think that the world will be better
cos by then i think that the world's dying already
temperature's rising and destroying earth and everything
plus now there's the nuclear thing bout north korea
if ppl's not careful i bet half the world gonna be gone by then hahaz ...

but if technology and science advances exponentially maybe they can solve these probs then
i wanna try living in space
it's so cool
floating around
being weightless
awesome hahaz ...
then maybe they will have gundams! ^^ LOL

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

I'm sorry to say, I'm 18, and I think 50 years is pushing it...

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 132 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.