Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MY rejected Mermaid - Minitokyo

MY rejected Mermaid

page 1 of 1 11 total items

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

I did this to shao a mermaid upclose and without showing the tail.
I userd watercolors, sharpies and pencil.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/KOKUJINDESU/for%20ecchi%20club/FISH-GIRL.jpg

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

well you should redo it and maybe it wont get rejected again

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

It's really crappy quality... looks like it's been blown up. Don't resubmit it unless you have a higher quality version.

Quote by bombninjanarutowell you should redo it and maybe it wont get rejected again

Uh... not really.

I like your mermaid. Your drawing style is beautiful. But I think your artwork isn't finished. I wish to see a high-resolution black and white or color render of your mermaid made with Adobe Photoshop. It would be perfect.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Ahhhhhh apparently textures in art ( especially traditional ) are so underrated....to some what does not have the shiny plastic look of cheep anime is just........what was it " crappy "
True , alarger immage could have done it better justice and combined with less nudity ( which translates to = get rid of the nipple) would have saved it from deletion.
If by this point in this rant you did not catch my irony nor my admiration for it , I'll say it now - this is one beautiful display of skill and courage in using traditional medium. I think I will never get over the level of skill you display in watercolour.
It saddens me terribly that this is here since it is one of your best so far.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Well, aside from the fact that it's a very low-quality scan job, I think it may have been rejected partially because it violates MT's PG-13 rule (her breasts are showing).

But you did a very good job, especially with getting the facial proportions right (which I suck at), and the eyes, which are very expressive. The shiny texture of her skin that makes her look more "fishlike" is a nice touch as well.

My only artistic complaint towards it is that her left hand could use a bit of work.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Personally, I think it was deleted because a)it looks like you enlarges it and b) because we see one of her breasts, which goes against the recent mature content rule, as embershadow just stated.

So, unless you draw her over again, this time much bigger and cover her breasts, I wouldn't try submitting it again.
I love her face though =)

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I like her face, her expression, and the way that you've used the watercolours on her skin. Like embershadow said, it gives it a nice shimmering feel. I also like the effects for water splashes

Um, how big is the original? ie, did you draw it on A4 paper? I don't think you need to redraw her, just scan it at a higher resolution and bigger.

As for the nudity, I guess you can digitally edit out the nipple (it looks to be in the wrong spot anyway) 'cause I know it's difficult to edit watercolours once it's dry.

Anyway, I hope you fix this up a bit, 'cause it's really nice work!

Quote by Minitokyo PolicySubmissions must have a minimum of six-hundred-thousand (600,000) pixels.

At this point, it's the quality of the image which is the biggest issue. The resolution isn't high enough (604 X 800 = 483,200 px) and there are artifacts around all the outlines. It also looks a little muddy so you may want to /lightly/ touch it up with the Levels panel when you re-scan.

The image itself is really very nice. The scales are conveyed very nicely by that luminescent watercolor(?). The flower, however, looks like a Photoshop effect and is out of place with the rest of the image. Keep in mind that the only black in the image is around that flower. It's not a bad contrast to the rest of the image, but it does attract attention to the only Photoshop-looking element in the whole image. Also, a more minor detail to address is the distracting pink dot on her breast. If it's her nipple, her plastic surgeon didn't put it back in the right place. ^_^;; It needs to be removed or softened.

Quote by embershadowWell, aside from the fact that it's a very low-quality scan job, I think it may have been rejected partially because it violates MT's PG-13 rule (her breasts are showing).

It doesn't show enough to warrant any concern. It's really very tame in comparison to some of the acceptable scans on MT. If the mermaid had nipples, it'd be another story.

i love it X-P i think shes beautifull great job with the water colors! :D

omg, man it's really an amazing work. i like it so much.

why u say rejected mermaid? one of your bests, this makes few best ones on your gallery :)

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.